|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume I: Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
(a) George is grief stricken over the death of his wife.
(b) George is bored and ready to leave Robert's company.
(c) George is happy to be back in England.
(d) George is anxious to face his family.
2. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
(a) To Isle of Wight.
(b) To Audley Court.
(c) To London.
(d) To Audley Village.
3. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
(a) She claims blindness.
(b) She claims an appointment.
(c) She claims fatigue.
(d) She claims a contagious disease.
4. Who is Helen Talboys?
(a) George's wife.
(b) George's daughter.
(c) George's cousin.
(d) George's sister.
5. Why do Robert and George not return to London as planned in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
(a) Robert needs to attend to business with his uncle.
(b) George wants to see Audley Court.
(c) Robert has a headache.
(d) George's carriage has a broken wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert choose the inn where he stays after leaving Audley Court?
2. Where is Robert told George has gone?
3. How does Lady Audley explain the injury Robert notices?
4. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
5. What causes George to become angry with Robert during the storm in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)