|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Joan Standish rather do than watch "Hollywood Tonight!"?
2. What does Dr. Blumberg use to demonstrate a puncture wound?
3. Who does Mariah call the morning after she and Ian make love?
4. What does Mariah tell her mother when she asks who has called so late?
5. What is wrong with Rafael Civernos?
Essay Topic 1
At one point in the novel, Millie tells Mariah that Faith will see her through the crises in Mariah's life. Explain whether Millie means Faith, the child; faith, a belief in something; or that both faith and Faith will see Mariah through the troubles in her life. Also explain how Millie believes Faith and/or faith will help Mariah.
Essay Topic 2
Several "miracles" happen in the novel. The author recounts Millie's apparent death from a heart attack, a couple who reconcile, a baby that is healed, and Ian's autistic brother. Using arguments that the characters use in the novel, argue whether or not any of these incidents could be considered miracles.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 11, is a quote from Isaiah 40:18, "To whom then will ye like God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?" Explain why Faith may see God as a female.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)