|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariah tell her mother when she asks who has called so late?
2. Why does Mariah have to go back to New Canaan?
3. What is Rabbi Solomon wearing?
4. Why does a clerk disturb Judge Rothbottam when he is listening to Evita?
5. What does Faith decide to do on October 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Teresa Civernos decide to contact Petra Saganoff?
2. Why doesn't Mariah put people in her dollhouse?
3. What is Father Rourke's analysis of Faith?
4. Why does Rabbi Weissman call Rabbi Daniel Solomon?
5. Why does Ian not call his producer when he sees Mariah on the plane?
6. When did Father Rampini decide to become a priest?
7. How was Rafael Civernos healed?
8. Does Ian believe that Michael was healed?
9. What does the Bishop decide to do about Faith?
10. What is Faith doing early in the morning on October 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Mariah feels as she has never measured up in her marriage. Explain why Mariah feels that she never quite measured up.
Essay Topic 2
Motherhood is a frequent theme in the novel. At one point, Millie states that motherhood is a work in process. Discuss whether motherhood is or is not a work process.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 11, is a quote from Isaiah 40:18, "To whom then will ye like God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?" Explain why Faith may see God as a female.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)