|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Father Rampini think it will take to wrap up the case he has come to decide in New Canaan?
2. Where does Ian suggest Mariah and Faith stay while they are in Kansas City?
3. How does Ian know when to call Mariah?
4. How does Ian think Mariah should make the media work for her?
5. What awakens Mariah on the morning of October 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For Christians, the Old Testament of the Bible represents the old covenant between man and God, and the New Testament represents a new covenant between man and God. Explain why the author might have divided the book into two parts: "The Old Testament" and "The New Testament".
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Mariah feels as she has never measured up in her marriage. Explain why Mariah feels that she never quite measured up.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 1, the author quotes Milton saying, "Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth [u]nseen, both when we wake and when we sleep." How is the quote a theme in the novel? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)