|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mariah almost hit as she pulls out of the driveway on October 28?
2. What do Ian and Faith do outside when Mariah falls asleep?
3. How does Colin learn about Faith's vision and wounds?
4. Who does Mariah see at the grocery store on October 28?
5. Where is Rabbi Solomon from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the MotherGod Society do when they first hear of Bishop Andrews' official denunciation of Faith?
2. What is Faith doing early in the morning on October 7?
3. Why does Mariah get extremely angry when Ian takes Faith fishing?
4. What does Kenzie see when she goes to the White's home?
5. How was Rafael Civernos healed?
6. Why does Ian not call his producer when he sees Mariah on the plane?
7. Why does Father Joseph call Monsignor O'Shaughnessy?
8. Why doesn't Mariah put people in her dollhouse?
9. Why does Malcom Metz say that the custody of Faith is a life and death matter?
10. What does Ian tell Mariah about his childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, characters question whether God and the supernatural are real. Choose one of the characters from the novel and use their arguments to argue whether God and the supernatural are real or not. Use examples and dialogue that the character uses in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
A common topic of discussion in the novel is Mariah's and Colin's relationship and failed marriage. Discuss the factors that played a part in the failure of Mariah's and Colin's marriage. Was one of them more to blame than the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether a faith in God is a blind faith. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)