|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reporter does Ian call anonymously?
2. How does Ian refer to Millie when he calls a reporter anonymously?
3. How does Ian think Mariah should make the media work for her?
4. What does Ian demand from Metz when they meet?
5. Who is the hand surgeon who examines Faith's hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Teresa Civernos decide to contact Petra Saganoff?
2. Why is Father Joseph MacReady stunned when only eight people attend early morning mass?
3. What does the MotherGod Society do when they first hear of Bishop Andrews' official denunciation of Faith?
4. Why does Rabbi Weissman call Rabbi Daniel Solomon?
5. Why does Malcom Metz say that the custody of Faith is a life and death matter?
6. Who is Malcom Metz?
7. Why does Mariah get extremely angry when Ian takes Faith fishing?
8. What is Father Rourke's analysis of Faith?
9. What does Kenzie see when she goes to the White's home?
10. Why did Ian's grandmother wear her religion like a Kevlar vest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, characters question whether God and the supernatural are real. Choose one of the characters from the novel and use their arguments to argue whether God and the supernatural are real or not. Use examples and dialogue that the character uses in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
On August 30, Faith "knows that truth can cause a sharp pain behind your eyes and that love sometimes feels like a fist around your throat. Explain how truth can cause pain and how love can be compared to a fist around the throat. Use examples from the novel that show when Faith might have experienced times when truth was painful and times when love felt like it was strangling her.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Mariah feels as she has never measured up in her marriage. Explain why Mariah feels that she never quite measured up.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)