|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Rafael Civernos?
2. When is Jessica and Colin's baby due?
3. What would Ian's grandmother do if God didn't quite come through for her?
4. How does Colin learn about Faith's vision and wounds?
5. What does Petra Saganoff say when Teresa Civernos says that her son's healing is not a joke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mariah get extremely angry when Ian takes Faith fishing?
2. What does the MotherGod Society do when they first hear of Bishop Andrews' official denunciation of Faith?
3. What did Mariah do as a child when a classmate told her she would go to hell if she was not baptized?
4. Why does Father MacReady think Faith sees God as female?
5. Why does Father Joseph call Monsignor O'Shaughnessy?
6. Why does Rabbi Weissman call Rabbi Daniel Solomon?
7. How was Rafael Civernos healed?
8. What is Faith doing early in the morning on October 7?
9. Why does Malcom Metz say that the custody of Faith is a life and death matter?
10. What does Joan Standish say in Mariah's defense at the custody hearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 15, Picoult uses a quote from Sophocles. Explain how the novel shows that "[c]hildren are the anchors that hold a mother to life."
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of Chapter 1, the author quotes Milton saying, "Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth [u]nseen, both when we wake and when we sleep." How is the quote a theme in the novel? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether a faith in God is a blind faith. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)