|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reporter does Ian call anonymously?
2. Who does Mariah see at the grocery store on October 28?
3. Where does Father Rampini want the Bishop to take Faith's case?
4. How did Mariah and Colin meet?
5. Who is Faith's guardian Ad litem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Rafael Civernos healed?
2. Why does Mariah get extremely angry when Ian takes Faith fishing?
3. Why doesn't Mariah put people in her dollhouse?
4. Why does Father Joseph call Monsignor O'Shaughnessy?
5. What does Ian tell Mariah about his childhood?
6. What does the Bishop decide to do about Faith?
7. Why does Malcom Metz say that the custody of Faith is a life and death matter?
8. Why does Father MacReady think Faith sees God as female?
9. Why did Ian's grandmother wear her religion like a Kevlar vest?
10. Why did Teresa Civernos decide to contact Petra Saganoff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 15, Picoult uses a quote from Sophocles. Explain how the novel shows that "[c]hildren are the anchors that hold a mother to life."
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Mariah explains that she leaves nothing to chance with her dollhouses because she nails everything down so nothing can move, get lost, or be damaged. Explain whether or not Mariah tried to leave nothing to chance in her life when she was married to Colin.
Essay Topic 3
For Christians, the Old Testament of the Bible represents the old covenant between man and God, and the New Testament represents a new covenant between man and God. Explain why the author might have divided the book into two parts: "The Old Testament" and "The New Testament".
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)