Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Joan Standish rather do than watch "Hollywood Tonight!"?
2. What does Dr. Blumberg use to demonstrate a puncture wound?
3. Who does Mariah call the morning after she and Ian make love?
4. What does Mariah tell her mother when she asks who has called so late?
5. What is wrong with Rafael Civernos?
Essay Topic 1
Motherhood is a frequent theme in the novel. At one point, Millie states that motherhood is a work in process. Discuss whether motherhood is or is not a work process.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, the author begins with a quote from Ian Fletcher that says, "Sure, lots of people believe in God. Lots of people used to believe the world was flat, too." Explain the meaning of this phrase and why Ian would compare a belief in God to a belief that the world is flat.
Essay Topic 3
On August 30, Faith "knows that truth can cause a sharp pain behind your eyes and that love sometimes feels like a fist around your throat. Explain how truth can cause pain and how love can be compared to a fist around the throat. Use examples from the novel that show when Faith might have experienced times when truth was painful and times when love felt like it was strangling her.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)