|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Jessica and Colin's baby due?
2. What does Ian do when Allen McManus shows up at the Winnebago?
3. According to a reporter, who might benefit from a mock miracle?
4. What do Kenzie and Faith do outside on Kenzie's first visit with Faith?
5. Why does a clerk disturb Judge Rothbottam when he is listening to Evita?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, the author begins with a quote from Ian Fletcher that says, "Sure, lots of people believe in God. Lots of people used to believe the world was flat, too." Explain the meaning of this phrase and why Ian would compare a belief in God to a belief that the world is flat.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, characters question whether God and the supernatural are real. Choose one of the characters from the novel and use their arguments to argue whether God and the supernatural are real or not. Use examples and dialogue that the character uses in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Mariah explains that she leaves nothing to chance with her dollhouses because she nails everything down so nothing can move, get lost, or be damaged. Explain whether or not Mariah tried to leave nothing to chance in her life when she was married to Colin.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)