|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petra Saganoff say when Teresa Civernos says that her son's healing is not a joke?
2. What would Joan Standish rather do than watch "Hollywood Tonight!"?
3. What was Kenzie van der Hoven's birth name?
4. What song does someone sing when Kenzie and Faith are outside?
5. What do Kenzie and Faith do outside on Kenzie's first visit with Faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Bishop decide to do about Faith?
2. What does Mariah dream the night after she and Ian make love?
3. Who is Malcom Metz?
4. Does Ian believe that Michael was healed?
5. Why does Father Joseph call Monsignor O'Shaughnessy?
6. Why does Rabbi Weissman call Rabbi Daniel Solomon?
7. Why does Mariah get extremely angry when Ian takes Faith fishing?
8. How was Rafael Civernos healed?
9. Why does Ian not call his producer when he sees Mariah on the plane?
10. What does the MotherGod Society do when they first hear of Bishop Andrews' official denunciation of Faith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 15, Picoult uses a quote from Sophocles. Explain how the novel shows that "[c]hildren are the anchors that hold a mother to life."
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Mariah explains that she leaves nothing to chance with her dollhouses because she nails everything down so nothing can move, get lost, or be damaged. Explain whether or not Mariah tried to leave nothing to chance in her life when she was married to Colin.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 11, is a quote from Isaiah 40:18, "To whom then will ye like God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?" Explain why Faith may see God as a female.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)