|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mariah take Faith and leave on October 19?
2. How does Ian know when to call Mariah?
3. What was Kenzie van der Hoven's birth name?
4. How does Colin learn about Faith's vision and wounds?
5. What do Ian and Faith do outside when Mariah falls asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mariah put people in her dollhouse?
2. Why does Mariah get extremely angry when Ian takes Faith fishing?
3. What does Joan Standish say in Mariah's defense at the custody hearing?
4. Why does Father MacReady think Faith sees God as female?
5. What does the MotherGod Society do when they first hear of Bishop Andrews' official denunciation of Faith?
6. Why does Rabbi Weissman call Rabbi Daniel Solomon?
7. When did Father Rampini decide to become a priest?
8. What is Father Rourke's analysis of Faith?
9. Why did Ian's grandmother wear her religion like a Kevlar vest?
10. Does Ian believe that Michael was healed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book is "Keeping Faith". Explain why the title has two different meanings.
Essay Topic 2
Motherhood is a frequent theme in the novel. At one point, Millie states that motherhood is a work in process. Discuss whether motherhood is or is not a work process.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of Chapter 1, the author quotes Milton saying, "Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth [u]nseen, both when we wake and when we sleep." How is the quote a theme in the novel? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)