|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
(a) Fun days.
(b) Mental-health days.
(c) Freedom days.
(d) You and me days.
2. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
(a) "Go away."
(b) "Leave me alone."
(c) "You hurt my grandmother."
(d) "I don't like you."
3. What is Colin's job?
(c) Sales manager.
4. What is Mariah's mother's name?
(a) Mariam Goldstein.
(b) Millie Epstein.
(c) Esther Adelman.
(d) Adara Feinberg.
5. What does Mariah receive in the mail on September 23?
(a) A letter from Ian Fletcher.
(b) A letter from Colin.
(c) Water bill and gas bill.
(d) Electric bill, the phone bill, and divorce decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
2. Faith had not spoken since her father left. What is the first word that she says?
3. What is the name of Faith's psychiatrist?
4. What show do Mariah and Millie watch on September 6?
5. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
2. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
3. Why does Mariah want Faith to talk to a Priest?
4. When is the only time Mariah remembers Faith asking about God?
5. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
6. How does a clown entertain Faith before the show?
7. Why does Mariah's mother tell her that Faith will help her get through this crisis?
8. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
9. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
10. What questions does Dr. Keller ask when she presents Faith's case at a psychiatric symposium?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)