|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
(c) New London.
2. On September 20, how long had it been since Mariah worked on her dollhouses?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
3. What is the name of Ian's company?
(a) Antirevival Co.
(b) Faith Productions.
(c) Atheism Now.
(d) Pagan Productions.
4. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
(a) Southern Baptists.
(b) Jesus Freaks.
(c) Order of the Great Passion.
(d) Jehovan Witness.
5. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
(a) Saints for Young People.
(b) Lives of the Saints.
(c) Foxe's Martyrs.
(d) Saints of Assisi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
2. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
3. Where did Colin and Mariah meet?
4. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
5. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Faith injured at the circus?
2. Why, from the beginning, did Mariah believe that she and Colin were not meant to be together?
3. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
4. What does Faith realize when her mother begins saying, "Oh, God. God. Oh my God."?
5. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
6. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
7. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
8. Describe Mariah's home.
9. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
10. Why does Mariah agree to take Faith to the library to get the book her guard told her about?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)