|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an MRI and a CT scan reveal about Faith?
(a) She has a blood clot.
(b) She does not have a brain tumor.
(c) She has a swollen artery.
(d) She has a brain tumor.
2. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A new sofa.
(b) A coffee table.
(c) A present for Faith.
(d) A new car.
3. What grade is Faith in?
(a) Second grade.
(b) First grade.
(d) Third grade.
4. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
(a) She is having trouble reading.
(b) Her teacher will not allow her to talk about her guard.
(c) The boys in her class tease her.
(d) The other children say she is crazy.
5. Why does Faith want to go to the library?
(a) To get a book her teacher read aloud in class.
(b) To get a book her guard told her about.
(c) To get a book her teacher told her about.
(d) Because some of her friends are going to be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariah make for a living?
2. How is Ian Fletcher traveling for his new show?
3. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
4. What show do Mariah and Millie watch on September 6?
5. What does Faith ride at the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Metz begin shaking when he is questioning Ian on the witness stand?
2. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
3. Why is Ian pretending to testify as a witness for Metz?
4. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
5. Describe Mariah's home.
6. How is Faith injured at the circus?
7. Why doesn't Mariah put people in her dollhouse?
8. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
9. How was Rafael Civernos healed?
10. What happens when a family goes to the hospital to pull the plug for Mamie Richardson, an eighty-two-year old woman?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)