|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Mariah's mother living seven years ago?
(b) New Canaan.
2. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
(a) New London.
3. Where does Mariah go after she finds the book Faith wants?
(b) Harvard library.
(c) Darthmouth College's Baker Library.
(d) Yale library.
4. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
(a) A neighbor.
(c) Mariah's best friend.
(d) Colin and another woman.
5. Why does Faith want to go to the library?
(a) Because some of her friends are going to be there.
(b) To get a book her teacher read aloud in class.
(c) To get a book her guard told her about.
(d) To get a book her teacher told her about.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
2. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
3. What is the name of Faith's psychiatrist?
4. What does Mariah's mother remove from the nightstand beside Mariah's bed?
5. What happens to Millie after talking to Ian Fletcher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
2. What does Faith realize when her mother begins saying, "Oh, God. God. Oh my God."?
3. Why does Mariah agree to take Faith to the library to get the book her guard told her about?
4. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
5. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
6. When is the only time Mariah remembers Faith asking about God?
7. Why, from the beginning, did Mariah believe that she and Colin were not meant to be together?
8. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
9. Why does Mariah want Faith to talk to a Priest?
10. How is Faith injured at the circus?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)