|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faith do to her grandmother when she gets to the room where her grandmother lies dead?
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Strokes her hand.
(d) Fingers her necklace.
2. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
(c) Over 50.
(d) Around 30.
3. What color clothing do the members of the Order of the Great Passion wear?
4. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A present for Faith.
(b) A new car.
(c) A new sofa.
(d) A coffee table.
5. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
(a) When she was in college.
(b) When she was in high school.
(c) After Faith was born.
(d) When she was at Greenhaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
2. What book does Faith want to find?
3. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
4. Why does Faith want to go to the library?
5. What grade is Faith in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. De Vries qualified to diagnose Faith's illness?
2. What questions does Dr. Keller ask when she presents Faith's case at a psychiatric symposium?
3. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
4. Why does Mariah's mother tell her that Faith will help her get through this crisis?
5. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
6. Describe Mariah's home.
7. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
8. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
9. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
10. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)