|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariah's religious background?
2. What does Millie Epstein think about the people who surround Mariah's house?
(a) They are odd.
(b) They are lunatics.
(c) They are deeply religious.
(d) They must be from a cult.
3. How long does Colin wait before he files for divorce?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three days.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
4. On September 29, what wakes Faith in the night?
(a) Her hands hurt.
(b) She hears her mother crying.
(c) She falls out of bed.
(d) She hears a noise outside.
5. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They are always home this time of day.
(b) The grocery store was closed.
(c) Colin asked them to stay home.
(d) The library was closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In August, why is Colin at a playground during the lunch hour?
2. Where did Colin and Mariah meet?
3. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
4. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
5. What book does Faith want to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
2. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
3. Describe Mariah's home.
4. How does a clown entertain Faith before the show?
5. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
6. Why does Mariah want Faith to talk to a Priest?
7. Why does Mariah agree to take Faith to the library to get the book her guard told her about?
8. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
9. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
10. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)