|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
(a) Faith White.
(b) A widow who recently lost her husband.
(c) Rabbi Solomon.
(d) A young woman whose parents died recently.
2. What network picks up the story about Faith's grandmother?
3. What book does Faith want to find?
(a) The Littlest Angel.
(b) Hebrews 11.
(c) Where the Wild Things Are.
(d) Psalm 23.
4. What does Jessica tell Colin at the beginning of September?
(a) She wants to get married right away.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She does not love him any more.
5. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
(a) Place Faith in the hospital.
(b) Take Faith to another specialist.
(c) Present Faith's case at a symposium.
(d) Try a different drug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an MRI and a CT scan reveal about Faith?
2. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
3. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
4. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
5. What is Mariah's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mariah's home.
2. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
3. Why, from the beginning, did Mariah believe that she and Colin were not meant to be together?
4. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
5. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
6. What questions does Dr. Keller ask when she presents Faith's case at a psychiatric symposium?
7. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
8. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
9. How is Faith injured at the circus?
10. Why did Mariah not tell anyone she was pregnant when she went to Greenhaven?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)