|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colin's religious background?
2. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
(a) The boys in her class tease her.
(b) The other children say she is crazy.
(c) She is having trouble reading.
(d) Her teacher will not allow her to talk about her guard.
3. Faith had not spoken since her father left. What is the first word that she says?
4. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A coffee table.
(b) A new car.
(c) A present for Faith.
(d) A new sofa.
5. What is Mariah's religious background?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ian's company?
2. What magazine in July, 1997, featured Ian on the cover?
3. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
4. What is Colin's job?
5. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
2. How is Faith injured at the circus?
3. What happened the first time Mariah found Colin in bed with another woman?
4. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
5. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
6. In Chapter 3, does Mariah believe that Faith may be talking to God?
7. When is the only time Mariah remembers Faith asking about God?
8. Why does Mariah's mother tell her that Faith will help her get through this crisis?
9. Why does Mariah want Faith to talk to a Priest?
10. What did Mariah do when she attended a circus the year she was seven?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)