|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
(a) Colin and another woman.
(b) Mariah's best friend.
(c) A neighbor.
2. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
(a) Over 50.
(d) Around 30.
3. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
(a) "Leave me alone."
(b) "You hurt my grandmother."
(c) "Go away."
(d) "I don't like you."
4. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Colin asked them to stay home.
(b) They are always home this time of day.
(c) The grocery store was closed.
(d) The library was closed.
5. How many stitches does Faith need after the circus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mariah reads a book at a college library. Who does she read about from Lourdes, France?
2. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
3. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
4. In 1997, who invited Ian to his home?
5. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Faith injured at the circus?
2. What does Faith realize when her mother begins saying, "Oh, God. God. Oh my God."?
3. When is the only time Mariah remembers Faith asking about God?
4. What questions does Dr. Keller ask when she presents Faith's case at a psychiatric symposium?
5. Why, from the beginning, did Mariah believe that she and Colin were not meant to be together?
6. Why does Mariah agree to take Faith to the library to get the book her guard told her about?
7. Why does Mariah tell her mother about drowning Priscilla?
8. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
9. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
10. What does Rabbi Weissman say about Faith's vision?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)