|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The library was closed.
(b) Colin asked them to stay home.
(c) The grocery store was closed.
(d) They are always home this time of day.
2. Where were Mariah and Colin married?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) New Canaan.
3. What does the guard do when Faith says she has a pain?
(a) Sings a lullaby.
(b) Kisses Faith's palms.
(c) Hugs her.
(d) Takes her to Mariah.
4. Where does Mariah find Faith one night at the beginning of September?
(a) Walking down the road.
(b) Downstairs watching TV.
(c) In the kitchen fixing a snack.
(d) At the top of the swing set.
5. How is Ian Fletcher traveling for his new show?
(a) In a BMW.
(b) In a Winnebago.
(c) In a Mercedes Benz.
(d) In a subcompact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Colin and Mariah meet?
2. What video does Mariah watch at the end of September?
3. What grade is Faith in?
4. Where does Faith have to be at one o'clock on Wednesdays?
5. Where does Mariah go after she finds the book Faith wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a clown entertain Faith before the show?
2. Why does James Wilton tell Ian Fletcher that now would be a good time to start praying?
3. Why should Mariah and Faith not have been home when her mother called?
4. How does the librarian figure out what book Faith wants?
5. Why, from the beginning, did Mariah believe that she and Colin were not meant to be together?
6. What does Faith see in her dreams on the night of August 30?
7. Why did Mariah not tell anyone she was pregnant when she went to Greenhaven?
8. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
9. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
10. What are certain things that Mariah does not like to talk about?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)