|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Millie after talking to Ian Fletcher?
(a) She goes inside the house.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She drives off in her car.
2. Who is assigned to cover a psychiatric symposium?
(a) A New York Times reporter.
(b) An anchor from a major TV network.
(c) A Boston Globe reporter.
(d) New Haven, Register.
3. What grade is Faith in?
(b) Third grade.
(c) First grade.
(d) Second grade.
4. What magazine in July, 1997, featured Ian on the cover?
(d) Christianity Today.
5. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A new car.
(b) A coffee table.
(c) A new sofa.
(d) A present for Faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Colin and Jessica going to be married?
2. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
3. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
4. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
5. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
2. Why does Mariah's mother tell her that Faith will help her get through this crisis?
3. Why might Somatoform disorder be an explanation for Faith's illness?
4. Why did Mariah not tell anyone she was pregnant when she went to Greenhaven?
5. How does Mariah have to give Faith her Risperdal?
6. Why did Teresa Civernos decide to contact Petra Saganoff?
7. Why is Ian pretending to testify as a witness for Metz?
8. What reasons does Ian give for calling Allen McManus?
9. What does Mariah dream the night after she and Ian make love?
10. Why does Mariah get extremely angry when Ian takes Faith fishing?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)