|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show do Mariah and Millie watch on September 6?
(a) Martha Stewart.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) A syndicated sitcom.
(d) Ian Fletcher's show.
2. In 1997, who invited Ian to his home?
(a) Jerry Falwell.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) Steven Spielberg.
3. What does Mariah receive in the mail on September 23?
(a) Water bill and gas bill.
(b) Electric bill, the phone bill, and divorce decree.
(c) A letter from Colin.
(d) A letter from Ian Fletcher.
4. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A new sofa.
(b) A new car.
(c) A coffee table.
(d) A present for Faith.
5. Faith had not spoken since her father left. What is the first word that she says?
6. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
(a) Faith White.
(b) A young woman whose parents died recently.
(c) Rabbi Solomon.
(d) A widow who recently lost her husband.
7. What video does Mariah watch at the end of September?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Agnes of God.
(c) Angels with Dirty Faces.
(d) Mother Teresa.
8. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
(d) New London.
9. What does Jessica tell Colin at the beginning of September?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She wants to get married right away.
(d) She does not love him any more.
10. Why does Faith want to go to the library?
(a) To get a book her guard told her about.
(b) Because some of her friends are going to be there.
(c) To get a book her teacher told her about.
(d) To get a book her teacher read aloud in class.
11. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
(a) You and me days.
(b) Mental-health days.
(c) Freedom days.
(d) Fun days.
12. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
(a) Saints for Young People.
(b) Foxe's Martyrs.
(c) Saints of Assisi.
(d) Lives of the Saints.
13. What is Mariah's religious background?
14. How long does Colin wait before he files for divorce?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) A month.
15. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
(a) Over 50.
(d) Around 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mariah go after she finds the book Faith wants?
2. What network picks up the story about Faith's grandmother?
3. Where are Colin and Jessica going to be married?
4. What does Faith ride at the circus?
5. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)