|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
(c) Over 50.
(d) Around 30.
2. Mariah reads a book at a college library. Who does she read about from Lourdes, France?
(a) Bernadette Soubirous.
(b) Mary Bartholomeo.
(c) Julie Billiart.
(d) Marie Teresa.
3. Who is assigned to cover a psychiatric symposium?
(a) New Haven, Register.
(b) A New York Times reporter.
(c) A Boston Globe reporter.
(d) An anchor from a major TV network.
4. Where does Millie's mother take Mariah and Faith?
(a) A butterfly garden.
(b) A concert.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) A circus.
5. Where were Mariah and Colin married?
(a) New Canaan.
(d) Las Vegas.
6. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
(a) A woman whose husband is having an affair.
(b) A widow who recently lost her husband.
(c) A couple with marital problems.
(d) A man who is suicidal.
7. What does Mariah receive in the mail on September 23?
(a) Water bill and gas bill.
(b) A letter from Ian Fletcher.
(c) Electric bill, the phone bill, and divorce decree.
(d) A letter from Colin.
8. Where does Mariah go after she finds the book Faith wants?
(b) Harvard library.
(c) Yale library.
(d) Darthmouth College's Baker Library.
9. What does Millie Epstein think about the people who surround Mariah's house?
(a) They are odd.
(b) They are deeply religious.
(c) They are lunatics.
(d) They must be from a cult.
10. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
(a) Place Faith in the hospital.
(b) Present Faith's case at a symposium.
(c) Take Faith to another specialist.
(d) Try a different drug.
11. What video does Mariah watch at the end of September?
(a) Angels with Dirty Faces.
(b) Mother Teresa.
(c) Agnes of God.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
12. What book does Faith want to find?
(a) The Littlest Angel.
(b) Where the Wild Things Are.
(c) Psalm 23.
(d) Hebrews 11.
13. What is Colin's job?
(c) Sales manager.
14. What is the name of the town where Mariah lives?
(a) New London.
(b) New Canaan.
15. What does Mariah hear in the night when she thinks she hears Colin?
(a) A skunk.
(b) Kids in a pickup.
(d) An abulance driving by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expert on childhood schizophrenia does Faith see?
2. What network picks up the story about Faith's grandmother?
3. In 1997, who invited Ian to his home?
4. Why do Mariah and Faith need to go back to the house at the beginning of the book?
5. Where did Colin and Mariah meet?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)