|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Mariah and Colin married?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) New Canaan.
2. What does Mariah hear in the night when she thinks she hears Colin?
(a) An abulance driving by.
(b) Kids in a pickup.
(c) A skunk.
3. What is the name of Ian's company?
(a) Atheism Now.
(b) Faith Productions.
(c) Pagan Productions.
(d) Antirevival Co.
4. What does Mariah find at home when she picks Faith up from school on September 30?
(a) Ian Fletcher and a crowd of people.
(b) Colin and Jessica.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The police.
5. What is Mariah's religious background?
6. What grade is Faith in?
(a) First grade.
(c) Second grade.
(d) Third grade.
7. Where does Millie's mother take Mariah and Faith?
(a) A circus.
(b) A concert.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) A butterfly garden.
8. What is the name of Faith's psychiatrist?
(a) Dr. White.
(b) Dr. Keller.
(c) Dr. Johansen.
(d) Dr. Barr.
9. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
(a) Order of the Great Passion.
(b) Jehovan Witness.
(c) Southern Baptists.
(d) Jesus Freaks.
10. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
11. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
(a) Freedom days.
(b) You and me days.
(c) Fun days.
(d) Mental-health days.
12. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Colin asked them to stay home.
(b) The library was closed.
(c) The grocery store was closed.
(d) They are always home this time of day.
13. Why do Mariah and Faith need to go back to the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) To get a sack lunch.
(b) To get Mariah's purse.
(c) To get a leotard.
(d) To get a bathing suit.
14. What magazine in July, 1997, featured Ian on the cover?
(c) Christianity Today.
15. What expert on childhood schizophrenia does Faith see?
(a) Dr. Johansen.
(b) Dr. Peter Weaver.
(c) Dr. Grady DeVries.
(d) Dr. Keller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Ian write in 1997?
2. What does Mariah's mother remove from the nightstand beside Mariah's bed?
3. What does Millie Epstein think about the people who surround Mariah's house?
4. Who does Millie want Mariah to talk to about Faith's vision?
5. What does the guard do when Faith says she has a pain?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)