|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mariah's dollhouses become famous?
(a) She made a replica of Buckingham Palace.
(b) She made one for Madonna.
(c) She made one for Chelsea Clinton.
(d) She made one for Princess Diana.
2. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
(a) The boys in her class tease her.
(b) The other children say she is crazy.
(c) She is having trouble reading.
(d) Her teacher will not allow her to talk about her guard.
3. What is Mariah's mother's name?
(a) Millie Epstein.
(b) Mariam Goldstein.
(c) Adara Feinberg.
(d) Esther Adelman.
4. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
(a) Freedom days.
(b) Fun days.
(c) You and me days.
(d) Mental-health days.
5. What does Mariah find at home when she picks Faith up from school on September 30?
(a) Colin and Jessica.
(b) The police.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Ian Fletcher and a crowd of people.
6. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
(a) A widow who recently lost her husband.
(b) A couple with marital problems.
(c) A man who is suicidal.
(d) A woman whose husband is having an affair.
7. What does Mariah's mother remove from the nightstand beside Mariah's bed?
(a) All the sharp objects.
(b) Colin's watch.
(c) A novel.
(d) A Bible.
8. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They are always home this time of day.
(b) The library was closed.
(c) Colin asked them to stay home.
(d) The grocery store was closed.
9. What does Jessica tell Colin at the beginning of September?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She wants to get married right away.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She does not love him any more.
10. Who does Mariah hire to be her lawyer?
(a) Jane Sanders.
(b) Andrew Stein.
(c) Joan Standish.
(d) John Smythe.
11. On September 29, what wakes Faith in the night?
(a) Her hands hurt.
(b) She hears a noise outside.
(c) She hears her mother crying.
(d) She falls out of bed.
12. How is Ian Fletcher traveling for his new show?
(a) In a Mercedes Benz.
(b) In a Winnebago.
(c) In a subcompact.
(d) In a BMW.
13. What does Faith ride at the circus?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A pony.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) One of the clown's cars.
14. Who does Millie want Mariah to talk to about Faith's vision?
(a) A Catholic priest.
(b) Rabbi Marvin Weissman.
(c) A pyschiatrist.
15. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
(a) When she was in high school.
(b) After Faith was born.
(c) When she was at Greenhaven.
(d) When she was in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mariah hear in the night when she thinks she hears Colin?
2. What is the name of Ian's company?
3. Mariah reads a book at a college library. Who does she read about from Lourdes, France?
4. What is the name of Faith's psychiatrist?
5. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)