|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
(a) Jesus Freaks.
(b) Southern Baptists.
(c) Jehovan Witness.
(d) Order of the Great Passion.
2. What does Millie Epstein think about the people who surround Mariah's house?
(a) They are lunatics.
(b) They are odd.
(c) They are deeply religious.
(d) They must be from a cult.
3. What does a clown paint on Mariah's face?
(a) A tear.
(b) A smile.
(c) A frown.
(d) A butterfly.
4. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
(a) A man who is suicidal.
(b) A woman whose husband is having an affair.
(c) A couple with marital problems.
(d) A widow who recently lost her husband.
5. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
(a) She is having trouble reading.
(b) The boys in her class tease her.
(c) Her teacher will not allow her to talk about her guard.
(d) The other children say she is crazy.
6. What is the name of the town where Mariah lives?
(b) New Canaan.
(d) New London.
7. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
8. What show do Mariah and Millie watch on September 6?
(a) A soap opera.
(b) Ian Fletcher's show.
(c) A syndicated sitcom.
(d) Martha Stewart.
9. Who does Millie want Mariah to talk to about Faith's vision?
(a) A Catholic priest.
(b) A pyschiatrist.
(c) Rabbi Marvin Weissman.
10. What grade is Faith in?
(b) First grade.
(c) Third grade.
(d) Second grade.
11. Why do Mariah and Faith need to go back to the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) To get a leotard.
(b) To get a sack lunch.
(c) To get Mariah's purse.
(d) To get a bathing suit.
12. What expert on childhood schizophrenia does Faith see?
(a) Dr. Peter Weaver.
(b) Dr. Grady DeVries.
(c) Dr. Johansen.
(d) Dr. Keller.
13. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
(a) "You hurt my grandmother."
(b) "Leave me alone."
(c) "I don't like you."
(d) "Go away."
14. What book did Ian write in 1997?
(b) God Who?
(c) Who is God?
15. What video does Mariah watch at the end of September?
(a) Angels with Dirty Faces.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) Agnes of God.
(d) Mother Teresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1997, who invited Ian to his home?
2. What is the name of Ian's company?
3. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
4. What network picks up the story about Faith's grandmother?
5. Where does Mariah find Faith one night at the beginning of September?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)