|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
(a) When she was at Greenhaven.
(b) When she was in college.
(c) When she was in high school.
(d) After Faith was born.
2. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
(a) Her teacher will not allow her to talk about her guard.
(b) The boys in her class tease her.
(c) The other children say she is crazy.
(d) She is having trouble reading.
3. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
(a) Place Faith in the hospital.
(b) Try a different drug.
(c) Present Faith's case at a symposium.
(d) Take Faith to another specialist.
4. What does Mariah make for a living?
(b) Handmade journals.
(d) Decorative signs.
5. How long does Colin wait before he files for divorce?
(a) Three days.
(b) A month.
(c) Six days.
(d) Two weeks.
6. Why do Mariah and Faith need to go back to the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) To get a sack lunch.
(b) To get Mariah's purse.
(c) To get a leotard.
(d) To get a bathing suit.
7. What magazine in July, 1997, featured Ian on the cover?
(b) Christianity Today.
8. Who is assigned to cover a psychiatric symposium?
(a) An anchor from a major TV network.
(b) A New York Times reporter.
(c) A Boston Globe reporter.
(d) New Haven, Register.
9. What does an MRI and a CT scan reveal about Faith?
(a) She has a swollen artery.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) She has a blood clot.
(d) She does not have a brain tumor.
10. What does Mariah find at home when she picks Faith up from school on September 30?
(a) Ian Fletcher and a crowd of people.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Colin and Jessica.
(d) The police.
11. What is Colin's job?
(a) Sales manager.
12. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
(a) "I don't like you."
(b) "You hurt my grandmother."
(c) "Leave me alone."
(d) "Go away."
13. What does Jessica tell Colin at the beginning of September?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She does not love him any more.
(d) She wants to get married right away.
14. Where did Colin and Mariah meet?
(a) High school.
(d) A football game.
15. What happens to Millie after talking to Ian Fletcher?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She drives off in her car.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She goes inside the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In August, why is Colin at a playground during the lunch hour?
2. In 1997, who invited Ian to his home?
3. What book does Faith want to find?
4. What network picks up the story about Faith's grandmother?
5. What is Mariah's mother's home called?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)