|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faith ride at the circus?
(a) A pony.
(b) An elephant.
(c) One of the clown's cars.
(d) A bicycle.
2. What video does Mariah watch at the end of September?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Mother Teresa.
(c) Angels with Dirty Faces.
(d) Agnes of God.
3. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
(a) A woman whose husband is having an affair.
(b) A couple with marital problems.
(c) A man who is suicidal.
(d) A widow who recently lost her husband.
4. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
(a) Saints of Assisi.
(b) Lives of the Saints.
(c) Foxe's Martyrs.
(d) Saints for Young People.
5. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
(a) Put ice on your hands.
(b) Go ask your mother for a pain pill.
(c) It is pins and needles.
(d) It will only hurt for a little while.
6. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
7. What is the name of the town where Mariah lives?
(a) New London.
(b) New Canaan.
8. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
(a) Present Faith's case at a symposium.
(b) Take Faith to another specialist.
(c) Place Faith in the hospital.
(d) Try a different drug.
9. What does Faith do to her grandmother when she gets to the room where her grandmother lies dead?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Fingers her necklace.
(d) Strokes her hand.
10. In 1997, who invited Ian to his home?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) Jerry Falwell.
(d) Steven Spielberg.
11. In August, why is Colin at a playground during the lunch hour?
(a) He is meeting Jessica there.
(b) He misses Faith.
(c) He is meeting Faith there.
(d) He is meeting Mariah there.
12. What book did Ian write in 1997?
(a) God Who?
(c) Who is God?
13. What does Mariah make for a living?
(a) Handmade journals.
(d) Decorative signs.
14. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
(b) Around 30.
(c) Over 50.
15. Where does Mariah go after she finds the book Faith wants?
(b) Yale library.
(c) Darthmouth College's Baker Library.
(d) Harvard library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
2. Where does Faith have to be at one o'clock on Wednesdays?
3. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
4. Why do Mariah and Faith need to go back to the house at the beginning of the book?
5. Faith had not spoken since her father left. What is the first word that she says?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)