|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In August, why is Colin at a playground during the lunch hour?
(a) He misses Faith.
(b) He is meeting Jessica there.
(c) He is meeting Mariah there.
(d) He is meeting Faith there.
2. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
(c) New London.
3. How long does Colin wait before he files for divorce?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
4. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A new sofa.
(b) A new car.
(c) A present for Faith.
(d) A coffee table.
5. What magazine in July, 1997, featured Ian on the cover?
(c) Christianity Today.
6. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
(a) After Faith was born.
(b) When she was at Greenhaven.
(c) When she was in high school.
(d) When she was in college.
7. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
(a) A couple with marital problems.
(b) A woman whose husband is having an affair.
(c) A man who is suicidal.
(d) A widow who recently lost her husband.
8. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
(a) Foxe's Martyrs.
(b) Saints for Young People.
(c) Saints of Assisi.
(d) Lives of the Saints.
9. What was the name of Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
10. What is the name of Faith's psychiatrist?
(a) Dr. Johansen.
(b) Dr. Barr.
(c) Dr. White.
(d) Dr. Keller.
11. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
(a) Mariah's best friend.
(b) A neighbor.
(d) Colin and another woman.
12. Where was Mariah's mother living seven years ago?
(c) New Canaan.
13. Where does Mariah go after she finds the book Faith wants?
(a) Harvard library.
(c) Yale library.
(d) Darthmouth College's Baker Library.
14. Who is assigned to cover a psychiatric symposium?
(a) An anchor from a major TV network.
(b) New Haven, Register.
(c) A New York Times reporter.
(d) A Boston Globe reporter.
15. Where does Faith have to be at one o'clock on Wednesdays?
(c) Girl Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colin's religious background?
2. Faith had not spoken since her father left. What is the first word that she says?
3. What is the name of Ian's company?
4. What is Mariah's mother's name?
5. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)