|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millie Epstein think about the people who surround Mariah's house?
(a) They are odd.
(b) They are lunatics.
(c) They are deeply religious.
(d) They must be from a cult.
2. What does Mariah find at home when she picks Faith up from school on September 30?
(a) The police.
(b) Ian Fletcher and a crowd of people.
(c) Colin and Jessica.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does the guard do when Faith says she has a pain?
(a) Sings a lullaby.
(b) Kisses Faith's palms.
(c) Takes her to Mariah.
(d) Hugs her.
4. What expert on childhood schizophrenia does Faith see?
(a) Dr. Peter Weaver.
(b) Dr. Keller.
(c) Dr. Grady DeVries.
(d) Dr. Johansen.
5. How many dollhouses has Mariah built?
(c) Over 50.
(d) Around 30.
6. What did a woman at Greenhaven believe when Mariah was there?
(a) The Virgin Mary lived in her ear.
(b) She believed she talked to God.
(c) She could see God on her ceiling.
(d) God was dead.
7. What does a clown paint on Mariah's face?
(a) A smile.
(b) A frown.
(c) A tear.
(d) A butterfly.
8. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
(a) Lives of the Saints.
(b) Saints for Young People.
(c) Saints of Assisi.
(d) Foxe's Martyrs.
9. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A present for Faith.
(b) A new sofa.
(c) A coffee table.
(d) A new car.
10. Who does Mariah hire to be her lawyer?
(a) Joan Standish.
(b) John Smythe.
(c) Andrew Stein.
(d) Jane Sanders.
11. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
(a) Mental-health days.
(b) You and me days.
(c) Freedom days.
(d) Fun days.
12. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They are always home this time of day.
(b) The grocery store was closed.
(c) The library was closed.
(d) Colin asked them to stay home.
13. Where are Colin and Jessica going to be married?
(a) New Canaan.
(b) Las Vegas.
14. How long does Colin wait before he files for divorce?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
15. On September 20, how long had it been since Mariah worked on her dollhouses?
(a) A month.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
2. How is Ian Fletcher traveling for his new show?
3. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
4. What book does Faith want to find?
5. How many stitches does Faith need after the circus?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)