|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
(a) It is pins and needles.
(b) Go ask your mother for a pain pill.
(c) Put ice on your hands.
(d) It will only hurt for a little while.
2. What does Faith ride at the circus?
(a) One of the clown's cars.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A pony.
3. What grade is Faith in?
(a) Second grade.
(b) First grade.
(d) Third grade.
4. On September 29, what wakes Faith in the night?
(a) She hears her mother crying.
(b) She hears a noise outside.
(c) Her hands hurt.
(d) She falls out of bed.
5. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
(a) When she was in high school.
(b) After Faith was born.
(c) When she was in college.
(d) When she was at Greenhaven.
6. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
(b) Ran away.
(c) Was run over by a car.
(d) Was hurt by a dog.
7. What is the name of Faith's psychiatrist?
(a) Dr. Barr.
(b) Dr. White.
(c) Dr. Keller.
(d) Dr. Johansen.
8. Faith had not spoken since her father left. What is the first word that she says?
9. What is Colin's religious background?
10. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
(a) Saints of Assisi.
(b) Saints for Young People.
(c) Foxe's Martyrs.
(d) Lives of the Saints.
11. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Colin asked them to stay home.
(b) The grocery store was closed.
(c) They are always home this time of day.
(d) The library was closed.
12. Where does Mariah go after she finds the book Faith wants?
(b) Darthmouth College's Baker Library.
(c) Harvard library.
(d) Yale library.
13. Where does Mariah find Faith one night at the beginning of September?
(a) In the kitchen fixing a snack.
(b) Downstairs watching TV.
(c) Walking down the road.
(d) At the top of the swing set.
14. What is Colin's job?
(a) Sales manager.
15. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A present for Faith.
(b) A new car.
(c) A coffee table.
(d) A new sofa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica tell Colin at the beginning of September?
2. Why does Faith want to go to the library?
3. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
4. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
5. What network picks up the story about Faith's grandmother?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)