|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an MRI and a CT scan reveal about Faith?
(a) She does not have a brain tumor.
(b) She has a blood clot.
(c) She has a brain tumor.
(d) She has a swollen artery.
2. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
(a) Lives of the Saints.
(b) Foxe's Martyrs.
(c) Saints for Young People.
(d) Saints of Assisi.
3. What is Mariah's mother's name?
(a) Millie Epstein.
(b) Adara Feinberg.
(c) Mariam Goldstein.
(d) Esther Adelman.
4. What is Mariah's mother's home called?
(b) Colonial House.
(c) Gingerbread Cape.
5. What does Mariah make for a living?
(a) Handmade journals.
(c) Decorative signs.
6. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Colin asked them to stay home.
(b) They are always home this time of day.
(c) The grocery store was closed.
(d) The library was closed.
7. Who does Millie want Mariah to talk to about Faith's vision?
(a) Rabbi Marvin Weissman.
(b) A Catholic priest.
(d) A pyschiatrist.
8. What is Mariah's religious background?
9. On September 29, what wakes Faith in the night?
(a) She hears her mother crying.
(b) Her hands hurt.
(c) She falls out of bed.
(d) She hears a noise outside.
10. What does a clown paint on Mariah's face?
(a) A smile.
(b) A frown.
(c) A tear.
(d) A butterfly.
11. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
12. What show do Mariah and Millie watch on September 6?
(a) A syndicated sitcom.
(b) Ian Fletcher's show.
(c) Martha Stewart.
(d) A soap opera.
13. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
(b) Colin and another woman.
(c) Mariah's best friend.
(d) A neighbor.
14. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
(d) New London.
15. What magazine in July, 1997, featured Ian on the cover?
(b) Christianity Today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What video does Mariah watch at the end of September?
2. How many stitches does Faith need after the circus?
3. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
4. Where does Faith have to be at one o'clock on Wednesdays?
5. What book did Ian write in 1997?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)