|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faith want to go to the library?
(a) Because some of her friends are going to be there.
(b) To get a book her teacher read aloud in class.
(c) To get a book her guard told her about.
(d) To get a book her teacher told her about.
2. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
(a) Put ice on your hands.
(b) It will only hurt for a little while.
(c) Go ask your mother for a pain pill.
(d) It is pins and needles.
3. What does Faith do to her grandmother when she gets to the room where her grandmother lies dead?
(a) Fingers her necklace.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Brushes her hair.
(d) Strokes her hand.
4. Who does Rabbi Weissman see after the last counseling session he has with a couple?
(a) Rabbi Solomon.
(b) A young woman whose parents died recently.
(c) Faith White.
(d) A widow who recently lost her husband.
5. What drug does Dr. Keller want to prescribe for Faith?
6. What is Colin's job?
(a) Sales manager.
7. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
(a) Lives of the Saints.
(b) Saints of Assisi.
(c) Saints for Young People.
(d) Foxe's Martyrs.
8. What does Millie Epstein think about the people who surround Mariah's house?
(a) They are odd.
(b) They are lunatics.
(c) They must be from a cult.
(d) They are deeply religious.
9. What did Millie call days when she would let Mariah skip school?
(a) Fun days.
(b) Freedom days.
(c) Mental-health days.
(d) You and me days.
10. What book did Ian write in 1997?
(a) God Who?
(c) Who is God?
11. What does Mariah receive in the mail on September 23?
(a) A letter from Colin.
(b) A letter from Ian Fletcher.
(c) Water bill and gas bill.
(d) Electric bill, the phone bill, and divorce decree.
12. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Was hurt by a dog.
(d) Was run over by a car.
13. What does the guard do when Faith says she has a pain?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Takes her to Mariah.
(c) Kisses Faith's palms.
(d) Sings a lullaby.
14. What does Mariah find at home when she picks Faith up from school on September 30?
(a) Colin and Jessica.
(b) The police.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Ian Fletcher and a crowd of people.
15. How many stitches does Faith need after the circus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
2. What is the name of the town where Mariah lives?
3. What magazine in July, 1997, featured Ian on the cover?
4. What was the name of Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
5. What grade is Faith in?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)