|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A coffee table.
(b) A present for Faith.
(c) A new car.
(d) A new sofa.
2. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
(a) She is having trouble reading.
(b) The boys in her class tease her.
(c) Her teacher will not allow her to talk about her guard.
(d) The other children say she is crazy.
3. Mariah reads a book at a college library. Who does she read about from Lourdes, France?
(a) Mary Bartholomeo.
(b) Bernadette Soubirous.
(c) Julie Billiart.
(d) Marie Teresa.
4. What color clothing do the members of the Order of the Great Passion wear?
5. When did Mariah begin building dollhouses?
(a) When she was at Greenhaven.
(b) When she was in college.
(c) When she was in high school.
(d) After Faith was born.
6. Who does Mariah hire to be her lawyer?
(a) Joan Standish.
(b) Jane Sanders.
(c) Andrew Stein.
(d) John Smythe.
7. What is Colin's job?
(a) Sales manager.
8. Where does Mariah go after she finds the book Faith wants?
(b) Darthmouth College's Baker Library.
(c) Harvard library.
(d) Yale library.
9. How long does Colin wait before he files for divorce?
(a) Six days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
10. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
(a) Try a different drug.
(b) Place Faith in the hospital.
(c) Take Faith to another specialist.
(d) Present Faith's case at a symposium.
11. What is Mariah's mother's home called?
(a) Gingerbread Cape.
(d) Colonial House.
12. What book did Ian write in 1997?
(a) Who is God?
(c) God Who?
13. What does Millie Epstein think about the people who surround Mariah's house?
(a) They are deeply religious.
(b) They must be from a cult.
(c) They are lunatics.
(d) They are odd.
14. What network picks up the story about Faith's grandmother?
15. In 1997, who invited Ian to his home?
(a) Jerry Falwell.
(b) Steven Spielberg.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) Bill Clinton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
2. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
3. What happened to Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
4. How is Ian Fletcher traveling for his new show?
5. What book does Faith want to find?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)