|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In August, why is Colin at a playground during the lunch hour?
(a) He is meeting Jessica there.
(b) He is meeting Mariah there.
(c) He misses Faith.
(d) He is meeting Faith there.
2. What does the guard do when Faith says she has a pain?
(a) Kisses Faith's palms.
(b) Sings a lullaby.
(c) Hugs her.
(d) Takes her to Mariah.
3. At the end of September, why doesn't Faith want to go to school anymore?
(a) She is having trouble reading.
(b) The other children say she is crazy.
(c) The boys in her class tease her.
(d) Her teacher will not allow her to talk about her guard.
4. What happens to Millie after talking to Ian Fletcher?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She goes inside the house.
(d) She drives off in her car.
5. What video does Mariah watch at the end of September?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Agnes of God.
(c) Mother Teresa.
(d) Angels with Dirty Faces.
6. What does Mariah find at home when she picks Faith up from school on September 30?
(a) Ian Fletcher and a crowd of people.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The police.
(d) Colin and Jessica.
7. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
(a) "I don't like you."
(b) "Leave me alone."
(c) "You hurt my grandmother."
(d) "Go away."
8. Mariah reads a book at a college library. Who does she read about from Lourdes, France?
(a) Bernadette Soubirous.
(b) Julie Billiart.
(c) Marie Teresa.
(d) Mary Bartholomeo.
9. What does Millie Epstein think about the people who surround Mariah's house?
(a) They are odd.
(b) They must be from a cult.
(c) They are deeply religious.
(d) They are lunatics.
10. What group of people come to New Canaan looking for a Messiah?
(a) Southern Baptists.
(b) Jesus Freaks.
(c) Jehovan Witness.
(d) Order of the Great Passion.
11. What book did Ian write in 1997?
(a) God Who?
(b) Who is God?
12. What does Faith ride at the circus?
(a) One of the clown's cars.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A pony.
13. In 1997, who invited Ian to his home?
(a) Billy Graham.
(b) Steven Spielberg.
(c) Jerry Falwell.
(d) Bill Clinton.
14. Where are Colin and Jessica going to be married?
(b) New Canaan.
(c) Las Vegas.
15. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A new sofa.
(b) A present for Faith.
(c) A new car.
(d) A coffee table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assigned to cover a psychiatric symposium?
2. How long does Colin wait before he files for divorce?
3. What show do Mariah and Millie watch on September 6?
4. Where does Mariah find Faith one night at the beginning of September?
5. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)