|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three, Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rabbi Weissman counseling?
(a) A woman whose husband is having an affair.
(b) A man who is suicidal.
(c) A widow who recently lost her husband.
(d) A couple with marital problems.
2. Mariah reads a book at a college library. Who does she read about from Lourdes, France?
(a) Marie Teresa.
(b) Mary Bartholomeo.
(c) Bernadette Soubirous.
(d) Julie Billiart.
3. What does the guard do when Faith says she has a pain?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Takes her to Mariah.
(c) Sings a lullaby.
(d) Kisses Faith's palms.
4. Where did Colin send Mariah after his first infidelity?
(d) New London.
5. What does a childhood schizophrenia expert ask Dr. Keller to do?
(a) Try a different drug.
(b) Take Faith to another specialist.
(c) Present Faith's case at a symposium.
(d) Place Faith in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Marian and Faith find at home when they return?
2. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
4. What book does a college librarian recommend that Mariah read?
5. On September 29, what wakes Faith in the night?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)