|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three, Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Mariah's kitten when she was eight?
2. Where does Mariah find Faith one night at the beginning of September?
(a) At the top of the swing set.
(b) In the kitchen fixing a snack.
(c) Downstairs watching TV.
(d) Walking down the road.
3. Why do Mariah and Faith need to go back to the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) To get a sack lunch.
(b) To get a bathing suit.
(c) To get Mariah's purse.
(d) To get a leotard.
4. What does Jessica tell Colin at the beginning of September?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She does not love him any more.
(d) She wants to get married right away.
5. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They are always home this time of day.
(b) The grocery store was closed.
(c) The library was closed.
(d) Colin asked them to stay home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faith's guard say about a pain Faith has the night of September 29?
2. Who is assigned to cover a psychiatric symposium?
3. What does the guard do when Faith says she has a pain?
4. Faith had not spoken since her father left. What is the first word that she says?
5. What does Faith say to Ian in the emergency room after her grandmother collapses?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)