Prologue, Chapters One and Two
1. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The library was closed.
(b) The grocery store was closed.
(c) They are always home this time of day.
(d) Colin asked them to stay home.
2. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A coffee table.
(b) A new sofa.
(c) A new car.
(d) A present for Faith.
3. What does Mariah make for a living?
(b) Decorative signs.
(d) Handmade journals.
4. What is Mariah's mother's home called?
(b) Gingerbread Cape.
(d) Colonial House.
5. What is Colin's job?
(d) Sales manager.
6. Where does Faith have to be at one o'clock on Wednesdays?
(b) Girl Scouts.
7. What is the name of the town where Mariah lives?
(a) New London.
(c) New Canaan.
8. Why do Mariah and Faith need to go back to the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) To get a leotard.
(b) To get a bathing suit.
(c) To get a sack lunch.
(d) To get Mariah's purse.
This section contains 4,279 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)