Prologue, Chapters One and Two
1. Why are Mariah and Faith home at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Colin asked them to stay home.
(b) They are always home this time of day.
(c) The grocery store was closed.
(d) The library was closed.
2. What has Mariah's mother just purchased at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A new car.
(b) A coffee table.
(c) A present for Faith.
(d) A new sofa.
3. What does Mariah make for a living?
(b) Decorative signs.
(c) Handmade journals.
4. What is Mariah's mother's home called?
(c) Colonial House.
(d) Gingerbread Cape.
5. What is Colin's job?
(a) Sales manager.
6. Where does Faith have to be at one o'clock on Wednesdays?
(a) Girl Scouts.
7. What is the name of the town where Mariah lives?
(a) New London.
(b) New Canaan.
8. Why do Mariah and Faith need to go back to the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) To get a sack lunch.
(b) To get Mariah's purse.
(c) To get a leotard.
(d) To get a bathing suit.
This section contains 4,279 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)