|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two physical traits does Shanta say her baby will possess?
2. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
3. How does WIll react to the Rani's letter?
4. What are the three pillars of Western prosperity?
5. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the Palanese prevent a great leader from arising?
Essay Topic 2
What could lead Will to believe that Murugan was having a sexual relationship with Colonel Dipa? Is this a valid conclusion based on the evidence in the first few chapters? What argues for this logic? What argues against it? Quote your supporting statements from the book.
Essay Topic 3
"Which is better? To be born stupid into an intelligent society, or intelligent into an insane one?" Why is it better? Support your argument with at least three major points and three supporting statements for each major point.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)