|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
2. What does the Rani believe about herself?
3. Who was the Rani's master?
4. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
5. How long does Dr. Robert say that Will can stay on Pala?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
2. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
3. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
4. What does Will notice about Bahu's compliment to Nurse Radha?
5. Why does Ambassador Bahu believe that Pala needs to change?
6. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
7. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
8. What were three things that were reformed, and why were they so widely accepted?
9. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
10. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the social benefits and possible downfalls of a MAC family over a dysfunctional family of our world. What are the similarities and differences? What are the pro's and con's?
Essay Topic 2
How do the Palanese justify Artificial Insemination? What is your opinion about the way the people of Pala reproduce selectively? Do you think that it is justifiable in their logic? Does this cater to your religious standpoints or not? How do you feel personally about selective breeding in this sense?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Palanese medicine to ours. Which do you think is more effective? What about the rant that Ms. Radha goes into about health care outside of Pala? Can you see any truth to that argument? Think of one situation in which we treat but do not cure the disease. Quote supporting text from the book or from other sources.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)