|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
2. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
3. How many waves of invasion passed Pala by?
4. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
5. What does Karuna mean to the Palanese?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
2. What do you notice about Radha and Ranga?
3. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
4. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
5. What were three things that were reformed, and why were they so widely accepted?
6. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
7. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
8. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
9. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
10. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the social benefits and possible downfalls of a MAC family over a dysfunctional family of our world. What are the similarities and differences? What are the pro's and con's?
Essay Topic 2
Put the section Will reads in "What's What" in chapter eleven into your own words. Explain what you think of the things mentioned therein and what significance it could possibly hold for the rest of the world.
Essay Topic 3
What could lead Will to believe that Murugan was having a sexual relationship with Colonel Dipa? Is this a valid conclusion based on the evidence in the first few chapters? What argues for this logic? What argues against it? Quote your supporting statements from the book.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)