|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she compare her mother to?
2. How did Will see Molly?
3. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
4. How many reasons does Ranga have to dislike Mr. Badu?
5. What did Molly do as a hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
2. What is a MAC?
3. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
4. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
5. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
6. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
7. What does Will believe was the result of the Rani's teachings to Murugan?
8. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
9. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
10. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 2000-word essay on the contrasts of light and darkness throughout the book, and the significance of this theme to the plot development. Why do you think the author chooses to use this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss reasons why Will may have suddenly decided to admit to Susila his underhanded dealings. Why do you think Susila seems to have forgiven him so immediately? What is the real problem of Pala that she is aware of and why is it a major problem?
Essay Topic 3
Quote and explain Shanta's speech about Wisdom. Repeat the speech in your own words.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)