|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susila compare children to?
2. Who was the Rani's master?
3. What does Part 2 state about people?
4. How many passes did it take Andrew MacPhail to put the Raja to sleep?
5. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
2. Why does Ambassador Bahu believe that Pala needs to change?
3. What were three things that were reformed, and why were they so widely accepted?
4. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
5. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
6. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
7. What does Will believe was the result of the Rani's teachings to Murugan?
8. Define the term "mother" in Palanese terms.
9. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
10. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Put the section Will reads in "What's What" in chapter eleven into your own words. Explain what you think of the things mentioned therein and what significance it could possibly hold for the rest of the world.
Essay Topic 2
What is significant about Lakshmi's death? What is significant about how the people who love her react? What is the primary difference in the way death is approached on Pala and here?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Pala's views on literature, and the purpose literature serves in our culture. Whose version of what literature is and does more accurate? Is it entirely subjective? Why or why not?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)