|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Part 2 state about people?
2. Why is Pala unpopular?
3. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
4. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
5. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are practices of James and Janet MacPhail on their children that would be outlawed today?
2. Why does Ambassador Bahu believe that Pala needs to change?
3. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
4. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
5. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
6. Murugan appears at Will's bed and engages in a dialogue. What does this dialogue portray Murugan to be?
7. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
8. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
9. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
10. Define the term "mother" in Palanese terms.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the social benefits and possible downfalls of a MAC family over a dysfunctional family of our world. What are the similarities and differences? What are the pro's and con's?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the use of distance regarding landscapes the most important aspects of a religious painting, in the opinion of Vijaya? Do you agree with this logic? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the average viewpoint of the rest of the world over those who live in Pala. How do they differ medicinally, in world outlook, in the way children are brought up, etc? In what ways are the viewpoints most dramatic?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)