|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
2. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
3. How long does Dr. Robert say that Will can stay on Pala?
4. Who was the Rani's master?
5. How many reasons does Ranga have to dislike Mr. Badu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Palanese keep from feeling despair when reading about history?
2. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
3. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
4. What are practices of James and Janet MacPhail on their children that would be outlawed today?
5. Why does Ambassador Bahu believe that Pala needs to change?
6. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
7. What does Will notice about Bahu's compliment to Nurse Radha?
8. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
9. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
10. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the social benefits and possible downfalls of a MAC family over a dysfunctional family of our world. What are the similarities and differences? What are the pro's and con's?
Essay Topic 2
Compare what Will says about what boys and girls are for around the world. Compare that to what the Palanese know boys and girls are for. How does this make you feel about our world? What do you think would need to change in order for this viewpoint to come to pass? Do you think the world of Pala is attainable or not? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do the Palanese deal with grief? How does it differ from the way we deal with it if we used Will's example? Which do you think is more healthy, theirs or ours?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)