|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children were in James and Janet's family?
2. How does the Rani view women?
3. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
4. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
5. What did Molly do as a hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
2. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
3. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
4. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
5. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
6. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
7. What do you notice about Radha and Ranga?
8. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
9. Before Andrew went to Pala, what were his ambitions?
10. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Put the section Will reads in "What's What" in chapter eleven into your own words. Explain what you think of the things mentioned therein and what significance it could possibly hold for the rest of the world.
Essay Topic 2
Compare what Will says about what boys and girls are for around the world. Compare that to what the Palanese know boys and girls are for. How does this make you feel about our world? What do you think would need to change in order for this viewpoint to come to pass? Do you think the world of Pala is attainable or not? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bahu believes that Pala is so perfect that it is an "affront to God." What do you think about this statement? Argue either for or against this statement in at least four paragraphs, using quotes from the book.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)