|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing the poem reminded him of?
2. Where had Dr. Robert gone?
3. How does Will view his sexual relationship to Babs?
4. What is the major trouble for Pala?
5. How long does Dr. Robert say that Will can stay on Pala?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
2. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
3. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
4. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
5. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
6. What do you notice about Radha and Ranga?
7. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
8. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
9. Why was Will never interested in power? Quote from the text.
10. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Put the section Will reads in "What's What" in chapter eleven into your own words. Explain what you think of the things mentioned therein and what significance it could possibly hold for the rest of the world.
Essay Topic 2
Quote and explain Shanta's speech about Wisdom. Repeat the speech in your own words.
Essay Topic 3
What is significant about Lakshmi's death? What is significant about how the people who love her react? What is the primary difference in the way death is approached on Pala and here?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)