|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two physical traits does Shanta say her baby will possess?
(a) He will be endomorphic and viscerotonic
(b) He will be tall and lean
(c) He will be intelligent and chubby
(d) He will be athletic and toned
2. What scientist does Will make an allusion to?
(a) Nikola Tesla
(c) Sir Isaac Newton
3. Who does Will ask about when he sees Dr. Robert in the morning?
(a) Nurse Radha
4. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
(a) She went from being loving, giving and charitable to hating everyone who wasn't sick
(b) She went from being totally beautiful and appealing to being haggard and ugly
(c) She went from being someone he loved to someone he hated
(d) She went from being an escape from his parents to being a regretted trip
5. Who picks Will up?
(a) Joe Aldehyde and Mary Farnaby
(b) The Rani and Murugan
(c) Dr. Robert and Susila
(d) Vijaya and Leela Rao
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Leela happy?
2. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
3. Who is Muchalinda?
4. How is Artificial Insemination justified religiously?
5. What lands on the altar in the service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will say about what Colonel Dipa will bring to the island?
2. Why do the Palanese accept the use of symbolism in religion, though don't encourage it?
3. What is the symbolism of the Scarecrows? Quote from the book and then simplify.
4. What does Will tell Susila on impulse and how does he expect her to react?
5. Describe how Dr. Robert deals with Lakshmi's death.
6. What is the difference between the Palanese use of Pavlovian conditioning versus the rest of the world?
7. What does Will notice about the differences between Lakshmi and Aunt Mary?
8. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
9. What is Leela Rao's position on the island? What makes her important?
10. How are Stalin and Hitler reduced in Chapter 9?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)