|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lands on the altar in the service?
(a) A Mynah bird
(b) A grey bird with a crimson head
(c) A brightly colored beetle
(d) A feather
2. What is Murugan looking at that he shouldn't have been?
(a) A Sears, Roebuck and Co. catalogue
(b) A book on "Waging War in a Modern World"
(d) A book entitled "Taking over the world, in three easy steps!"
3. What color is Leela Rao wearing?
4. What are the three pillars of Western prosperity?
(a) Agriculture, universal debt and planned parenthood
(b) Armaments, universal healthcare and forced obedience
(c) Anger, universal acceptance, and consumerism
(d) Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence
5. Who picks Will up?
(a) Vijaya and Leela Rao
(b) Dr. Robert and Susila
(c) Joe Aldehyde and Mary Farnaby
(d) The Rani and Murugan
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to alert Susila about Lakshmi?
2. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
3. What do the two people request of Shanta?
4. What urgent matter did the Rani call to discuss with Will?
5. What two physical traits does Shanta say her baby will possess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the mountain climb ordeal teach the youth of Pala and what happens afterwards?
2. Describe how Dr. Robert deals with Lakshmi's death.
3. What is the advice to every pair of lovers?
4. What is the idea behind repetition in a religious nature?
5. What does Moksha-medicine do for the Palanese?
6. What does Will tell Susila on impulse and how does he expect her to react?
7. What is the symbolism of the Scarecrows? Quote from the book and then simplify.
8. Why does Mrs. Rao believe that Pala is the place for stupid people?
9. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
10. How does AI contribute to a better destiny for the people of Pala?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)