|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Palanese criterion of a good school?
(a) Creating strength for the state
(b) Winning scholarships
(d) Creating puppets out of children
2. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
(a) Aunt Molly
(b) Tiger, a dog
(c) Tigger, a cat
(d) His best friend, Spencer
3. Who shows up at Shanta and Vijaya's house?
(a) Susila and Dugald
(b) The Rani and Murugan
(c) Tom Krishna and Mary Sarojini
(d) Dr. Robert and Susila
4. What is the name of the parrot at Vijaya's?
5. What makes Leela happy?
(a) That Will likes Ranga and Radha
(b) That they are going to the High Altitude Station
(c) Will Farnaby's manners
(d) Will Farnaby's charm and good looks
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
2. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
3. Where was Dr. Robert serving as a naturalist?
4. What do the two people request of Shanta?
5. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, in Shanta's words, makes Pala a nice place? Repeat in your own words.
2. What horrible things befell Aunt Mary?
3. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
4. What are the differences between what Will remembers about the Oedipus play and what Mary recounts?
5. What does Will notice about the women on the island?
6. What does the mountain climb ordeal teach the youth of Pala and what happens afterwards?
7. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
8. How are Stalin and Hitler reduced in Chapter 9?
9. What is Will's incarnation of evil?
10. What is the idea behind repetition in a religious nature?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)