|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
(b) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
(c) Indifferent to her suffering and death
(d) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
2. What does Will say about the light?
(a) It is far off in the distance
(b) It surrounds him
(c) He is approaching it
(d) He is being it
3. How many deep breaths are required for a child having a fit?
4. What was Murugan doing while everyone else was having a vision?
(a) Picking his nose
(b) Reading his book
(c) Muttering "this is all so false"
(d) Screaming like a banshee
5. What is a Rakshasi?
(a) A demon
(b) A meditation
(c) A warcry
(d) A culinary dish
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
2. What is the crime of the Palanese?
3. What is the title of the book Murugan is reading in Chapter 10?
4. What does their mushroom medicine take the biggest toll on?
5. What makes Leela happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
2. What horrible things befell Aunt Mary?
3. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
4. Why does Murugan view the ceremony at the temple with open contempt?
5. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
6. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
7. What does Will notice about the differences between Lakshmi and Aunt Mary?
8. How does the Rani perceive Palanese education?
9. What does Will notice about the women on the island?
10. Describe how Dr. Robert deals with Lakshmi's death.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)