|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many deep breaths are required for a child having a fit?
2. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Indifferent to her suffering and death
(b) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
(c) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
(d) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
3. What should Murugan have been studying?
(a) Advanced Mathematics
(b) Elementary Ecology
(c) Andvanced History
(d) Elementary Physics
4. How many key figures in the administration are people working on?
(b) Four or five
5. What urgent matter did the Rani call to discuss with Will?
(a) Murugan's appearance at the initiation
(b) Will's spiritual compass
(d) Aldehyde's marriage proposal to her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Palanese criterion of a good school?
2. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
3. How is Artificial Insemination justified religiously?
4. Where does Will want to go in the morning?
5. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Will's incarnation of evil?
2. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
3. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
4. What are the differences between what Will remembers about the Oedipus play and what Mary recounts?
5. What is Leela Rao's position on the island? What makes her important?
6. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
7. Why do the Palanese accept the use of symbolism in religion, though don't encourage it?
8. What, in Shanta's words, makes Pala a nice place? Repeat in your own words.
9. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
10. What is the advice to every pair of lovers?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)