|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leela's vocation?
(a) She is a teacher of the yoga of love
(b) She is a nurse in training
(c) She is a social worker
(d) She is a scientist
2. What was Murugan doing while everyone else was having a vision?
(a) Reading his book
(b) Picking his nose
(c) Screaming like a banshee
(d) Muttering "this is all so false"
3. What does Vijaya predict the average IQ will be on Pala in a century?
(a) One hundred fifteen
(b) One hundred twenty
(c) Ninety eight
(d) Two hundred
4. Who turns out to be the father of the baby Shanta is nursing?
(c) Dr. Robert
(d) Gobind Singh
5. What kind of marmalade does Will use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
2. How does the Rani address Will?
3. What is the benefit of being able to enter deep trances?
4. How do the Palanese teach in comparison to us?
5. Vijaya compares himself to what animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrible things befell Aunt Mary?
2. Why does Mrs. Rao believe that Pala is the place for stupid people?
3. What is Leela Rao's position on the island? What makes her important?
4. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
5. Explain why Mrs. Narayan is a justified optimist.
6. What does the mountain climb ordeal teach the youth of Pala and what happens afterwards?
7. What is the difference between the Palanese use of Pavlovian conditioning versus the rest of the world?
8. What does Moksha-medicine do for the Palanese?
9. What does Will say about what Colonel Dipa will bring to the island?
10. How does the Rani perceive Palanese education?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)