|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
(a) Aunt Molly
(b) His best friend, Spencer
(c) Tiger, a dog
(d) Tigger, a cat
2. What does Will want to call out to the Rani?
(b) Quid Pro Quo!
(c) Prove it!
3. What urgent matter did the Rani call to discuss with Will?
(a) Aldehyde's marriage proposal to her
(b) Murugan's appearance at the initiation
(d) Will's spiritual compass
4. Who explains 'grace' to Will?
5. What things are responsible for the mirage of happiness?
(a) Toys, pills and non-stop distractions
(b) Food, drugs, and television
(c) Self delusion, denial and self depreciation
(d) Technology and gadgetry
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three pillars of Western prosperity?
2. How did Will view Aunt Mary's love?
3. How do the Palanese teach in comparison to us?
4. What makes Leela happy?
5. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
2. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
3. Why does Mrs. Rao believe that Pala is the place for stupid people?
4. Why do the Palanese accept the use of symbolism in religion, though don't encourage it?
5. What is the advice to every pair of lovers?
6. What does Moksha-medicine do for the Palanese?
7. How does the Rani perceive Palanese education?
8. How does AI contribute to a better destiny for the people of Pala?
9. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
10. What horrible things befell Aunt Mary?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)