|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Leela happy?
(a) Will Farnaby's charm and good looks
(b) Will Farnaby's manners
(c) That Will likes Ranga and Radha
(d) That they are going to the High Altitude Station
2. What is the name of the play that Mary likes?
(a) Oedipus in Pala
(b) King Lear in Pala
(c) Cats in Pala
(d) Romeo and Juliet
3. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
(a) Aunt Molly
(b) Tiger, a dog
(c) Tigger, a cat
(d) His best friend, Spencer
4. What did Will's teachers try to do about people's differences?
(a) Make them more than they were
(b) Blow them out of proportion
(c) Exploit them for their own gain
(d) Iron them out
5. What two physical traits does Shanta say her baby will possess?
(a) He will be tall and lean
(b) He will be intelligent and chubby
(c) He will be endomorphic and viscerotonic
(d) He will be athletic and toned
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Murugan is reading in Chapter 10?
2. What fruit does Susila compare Nirvana to?
3. What are the scarecrows?
4. What is capable in a very deep trance?
5. Why did Shanta send Tom to talk to Vijaya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Murugan believe that the people of Pala won't accept the lure of consumer goods?
2. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
3. What does the mountain climb ordeal teach the youth of Pala and what happens afterwards?
4. What is the idea behind repetition in a religious nature?
5. Explain why Mrs. Narayan is a justified optimist.
6. What are the differences between what Will remembers about the Oedipus play and what Mary recounts?
7. What is Leela Rao's position on the island? What makes her important?
8. What does Will say about what Colonel Dipa will bring to the island?
9. How does the Rani perceive Palanese education?
10. Why does Mrs. Rao believe that Pala is the place for stupid people?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)