|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
(b) Indifferent to her suffering and death
(c) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
(d) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
2. What poet is mentioned?
3. What is a Rakshasi?
(a) A warcry
(b) A culinary dish
(c) A meditation
(d) A demon
4. What does Vijaya predict the average IQ will be on Pala in a century?
(a) One hundred fifteen
(b) One hundred twenty
(c) Ninety eight
(d) Two hundred
5. What is the last word the Mynahs spoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the dog that greeted Will at Vijaya's bungalow?
2. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
3. What things are responsible for the mirage of happiness?
4. Who is Muchalinda?
5. What does Will say about the light?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Stalin and Hitler reduced in Chapter 9?
2. What is the symbolism of the Scarecrows? Quote from the book and then simplify.
3. What does the mountain climb ordeal teach the youth of Pala and what happens afterwards?
4. What does Will notice about the differences between Lakshmi and Aunt Mary?
5. What, in Shanta's words, makes Pala a nice place? Repeat in your own words.
6. Why does Murugan believe that the people of Pala won't accept the lure of consumer goods?
7. What does Will tell Susila on impulse and how does he expect her to react?
8. What is the advice to every pair of lovers?
9. What horrible things befell Aunt Mary?
10. Describe how Dr. Robert deals with Lakshmi's death.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)