|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vijaya compares himself to what animal?
(a) A gorilla
(b) A bear
(c) A kitten
(d) A tiger
2. What poet is mentioned?
3. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Indifferent to her suffering and death
(b) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
(c) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
(d) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
4. What is the name of the parrot at Vijaya's?
5. What does Shiva-Nataraja do?
(a) Rules completely
(b) Plays a drum
(c) Demands obedience
(d) Dances through planes of existence
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the play that Mary likes?
2. How many key figures in the administration are people working on?
3. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
4. What is a Rakshasi?
5. What language is the Service given in?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
2. What is the idea behind repetition in a religious nature?
3. What are the differences between what Will remembers about the Oedipus play and what Mary recounts?
4. Describe how Dr. Robert deals with Lakshmi's death.
5. What does Will notice about the women on the island?
6. How does AI contribute to a better destiny for the people of Pala?
7. Why does Mrs. Rao believe that Pala is the place for stupid people?
8. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
9. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
10. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)