|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Rani address Will?
(a) Darling Will
(b) Dearest Will
(c) My dear Farnaby
(d) Mon cher Farnaby
2. What kind of marmalade does Will use?
3. What is the benefit of being able to enter deep trances?
(a) Advanced relaxation
(b) Ability to travel distances without moving
(c) Being able to see bad thing before they happen
(d) Short cuts to memorization
4. Vijaya compares himself to what animal?
(a) A bear
(b) A kitten
(c) A tiger
(d) A gorilla
5. Who comes to alert Susila about Lakshmi?
(b) Dr. Robert
Short Answer Questions
1. What does their mushroom medicine take the biggest toll on?
2. What could prevent the spread of Palanese knowledge of happiness to other countries?
3. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
4. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
5. What are the scarecrows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
2. What does Moksha-medicine do for the Palanese?
3. What is the difference between the Palanese use of Pavlovian conditioning versus the rest of the world?
4. Explain why Mrs. Narayan is a justified optimist.
5. What does Will say about what Colonel Dipa will bring to the island?
6. Why does Murugan believe that the people of Pala won't accept the lure of consumer goods?
7. How does the Rani perceive Palanese education?
8. How are Stalin and Hitler reduced in Chapter 9?
9. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
10. What does Will tell Susila on impulse and how does he expect her to react?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)