|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the seeds from?
2. Who shows up at Shanta and Vijaya's house?
(a) The Rani and Murugan
(b) Tom Krishna and Mary Sarojini
(c) Susila and Dugald
(d) Dr. Robert and Susila
3. How did Will feel before he had met Molly?
(a) Free and at peace
(b) Stifled by loneliness
(d) Happily oblivious
4. What does Will want to call out to the Rani?
(a) Quid Pro Quo!
(d) Prove it!
5. How did Will view Aunt Mary's love?
(a) Like a perpetually blooming flower
(b) Quiet and serene, like a slow moving river
(c) It was chokingly powerful
(d) As a kind of physical radiation
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
2. What is the benefit of being able to enter deep trances?
3. What does Vijaya predict the average IQ will be on Pala in a century?
4. What poet is mentioned?
5. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
2. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
3. Why does Mrs. Rao believe that Pala is the place for stupid people?
4. What is the difference between the Palanese use of Pavlovian conditioning versus the rest of the world?
5. What is the symbolism of the Scarecrows? Quote from the book and then simplify.
6. What is the advice to every pair of lovers?
7. What does Will notice about the differences between Lakshmi and Aunt Mary?
8. Explain why Mrs. Narayan is a justified optimist.
9. How does the Rani perceive Palanese education?
10. What horrible things befell Aunt Mary?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)