|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does WIll react to the Rani's letter?
(a) With inner violent anger
(b) With the calm air of servitude
(c) With joy
(d) With indifference
2. What are the scarecrows?
(a) Life sized marionettes
(b) Gigantic crows
(c) Clothes, stuffed with hay on poles
(d) Great big owls that flap their wings
3. What kind of staff does Will use?
4. How old is the baby Shanta is nursing?
(a) Six months
(b) Thirteen months
(c) Eighteen months
(d) Eight months
5. What does Shiva-Nataraja do?
(a) Dances through planes of existence
(b) Demands obedience
(c) Plays a drum
(d) Rules completely
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
2. Who explains 'grace' to Will?
3. What makes Murugan glow with enthusiasm?
4. What color is Leela Rao wearing?
5. What language is the Service given in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the idea behind repetition in a religious nature?
2. Explain why Mrs. Narayan is a justified optimist.
3. How are Stalin and Hitler reduced in Chapter 9?
4. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
5. What, in Shanta's words, makes Pala a nice place? Repeat in your own words.
6. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
7. What does Moksha-medicine do for the Palanese?
8. What does Will tell Susila on impulse and how does he expect her to react?
9. What is a Rakshasi, and what is the Rakshasi Hornpipe?
10. What does the mountain climb ordeal teach the youth of Pala and what happens afterwards?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)