|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
(a) Van Gogh
(b) Leonardo Da Vinci
2. Where are the seeds from?
3. How many key figures in the administration are people working on?
(a) Four or five
4. Who is Muchalinda?
(a) The King of Spiders
(b) The King of Sweden
(c) The King of Tigers
(d) The King of Snakes
5. What does Will want to call out to the Rani?
(b) Quid Pro Quo!
(c) Prove it!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will describe the Moksha-medicine experience as?
2. Why did Shanta send Tom to talk to Vijaya?
3. What urgent matter did the Rani call to discuss with Will?
4. How did Will feel before he had met Molly?
5. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
2. What does Will say about what Colonel Dipa will bring to the island?
3. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
4. Why does Murugan believe that the people of Pala won't accept the lure of consumer goods?
5. What is the symbolism of the Scarecrows? Quote from the book and then simplify.
6. Why do the Palanese accept the use of symbolism in religion, though don't encourage it?
7. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
8. What is a Rakshasi, and what is the Rakshasi Hornpipe?
9. Explain why Mrs. Narayan is a justified optimist.
10. Why does Mrs. Rao believe that Pala is the place for stupid people?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)