|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Susila compare Nirvana to?
(a) A supermango
(b) A banana
(c) A pear
(d) A supermandarine
2. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
(c) His Aunt Mary
3. Who is meeting Will and Vijaya upon their arrival at the school?
(a) Dr. Robert and Susila
(b) Mrs. Narayan and Mr. Menon
(c) The Rani and Lord Aldehyde
(d) Murugan and Susila
4. How many deep breaths are required for a child having a fit?
5. What was significant about Gobind's grandmother?
(a) She was an oracle
(b) She was extremely maternal and very healthy
(c) She was a gifted medium and lived until ninety-six
(d) She was incredibly intelligent
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
2. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
3. What does the Rani think about a MAC?
4. What is the title of the book Murugan is reading in Chapter 10?
5. What does Will describe the Moksha-medicine experience as?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
2. What does Will tell Susila on impulse and how does he expect her to react?
3. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
4. Why does Murugan view the ceremony at the temple with open contempt?
5. What does Will say about what Colonel Dipa will bring to the island?
6. How does AI contribute to a better destiny for the people of Pala?
7. Why does Murugan believe that the people of Pala won't accept the lure of consumer goods?
8. What is the symbolism of the Scarecrows? Quote from the book and then simplify.
9. What are the differences between what Will remembers about the Oedipus play and what Mary recounts?
10. What is Will's incarnation of evil?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)