|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Artificial Insemination justified religiously?
(a) Karma and reincarnation
(b) God wanted those sperm to be there
(c) Karma and Restitution
(d) Reincarnation and Piety
2. What two physical traits does Shanta say her baby will possess?
(a) He will be athletic and toned
(b) He will be tall and lean
(c) He will be endomorphic and viscerotonic
(d) He will be intelligent and chubby
3. Where was Dr. Robert serving as a naturalist?
(a) On the Nautilus
(b) In Turkey
(c) On the Olympus
(d) On the Melampus
4. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
(b) Van Gogh
(c) Leonardo Da Vinci
5. What do the Palanese do about individuality?
(a) They assess and classify them
(b) All of the below
(c) They integrate individuality into acceptance
(d) They teach others to respect each other's differences
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
2. What religious word is mentioned throughout Chapter 10?
3. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
4. What is the title of the book Murugan is reading in Chapter 10?
5. What kind of staff does Will use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Murugan view the ceremony at the temple with open contempt?
2. What is Leela Rao's position on the island? What makes her important?
3. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
4. What is the idea behind repetition in a religious nature?
5. What does Will say about what Colonel Dipa will bring to the island?
6. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
7. What horrible things befell Aunt Mary?
8. Why does Murugan believe that the people of Pala won't accept the lure of consumer goods?
9. What does Moksha-medicine do for the Palanese?
10. How are Stalin and Hitler reduced in Chapter 9?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)