|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
(a) She went from being loving, giving and charitable to hating everyone who wasn't sick
(b) She went from being totally beautiful and appealing to being haggard and ugly
(c) She went from being an escape from his parents to being a regretted trip
(d) She went from being someone he loved to someone he hated
2. Who is meeting Will and Vijaya upon their arrival at the school?
(a) The Rani and Lord Aldehyde
(b) Murugan and Susila
(c) Dr. Robert and Susila
(d) Mrs. Narayan and Mr. Menon
3. What should Murugan have been studying?
(a) Elementary Physics
(b) Andvanced History
(c) Elementary Ecology
(d) Advanced Mathematics
4. Who comes to alert Susila about Lakshmi?
(c) Dr. Robert
5. How many years before the rest of the world did Palanese figure out AI?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Robert believe will be a major political issue when Murugan comes of age?
2. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
3. How does Will attempt to describe his experience with the Moksha-medicine?
4. Who explains 'grace' to Will?
5. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, in Shanta's words, makes Pala a nice place? Repeat in your own words.
2. How does Murugan's interest in consumer goods benefit Colonel Dipa?
3. Why do the Palanese accept the use of symbolism in religion, though don't encourage it?
4. Describe how Dr. Robert deals with Lakshmi's death.
5. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
6. What is the idea behind repetition in a religious nature?
7. What does Moksha-medicine do for the Palanese?
8. What does Will notice about the differences between Lakshmi and Aunt Mary?
9. What horrible things befell Aunt Mary?
10. How does AI contribute to a better destiny for the people of Pala?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)