|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crime of the Palanese?
(a) They are too self involved
(b) They are too educated
(c) They are too full of themselves
(d) They are too good
2. What is Leela's vocation?
(a) She is a scientist
(b) She is a nurse in training
(c) She is a teacher of the yoga of love
(d) She is a social worker
3. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
(b) Leonardo Da Vinci
(d) Van Gogh
4. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
(a) Punched Will in the ribs
(c) The Hornpipe
(d) Hit the dashboard
5. What is the last word the Mynahs spoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say about the light?
2. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
3. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
4. How is Artificial Insemination justified religiously?
5. Who picks Will up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Will's incarnation of evil?
2. Explain why Mrs. Narayan is a justified optimist.
3. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
4. What does Will notice about the differences between Lakshmi and Aunt Mary?
5. What is the difference between the Palanese use of Pavlovian conditioning versus the rest of the world?
6. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
7. What does Will say about what Colonel Dipa will bring to the island?
8. What does Will notice about the women on the island?
9. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
10. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)