|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Palanese criterion of a good school?
(a) Winning scholarships
(b) Creating puppets out of children
(d) Creating strength for the state
2. Who comes to alert Susila about Lakshmi?
(a) Dr. Robert
3. What things are responsible for the mirage of happiness?
(a) Food, drugs, and television
(b) Toys, pills and non-stop distractions
(c) Technology and gadgetry
(d) Self delusion, denial and self depreciation
4. Where does Will want to go in the morning?
(a) To Britain
(b) The Experimental Station
(c) Home to America
(d) The High Altitude Station
5. Vijaya compares himself to what animal?
(a) A kitten
(b) A tiger
(c) A gorilla
(d) A bear
Short Answer Questions
1. What could prevent the spread of Palanese knowledge of happiness to other countries?
2. Why did Shanta send Tom to talk to Vijaya?
3. How do the Palanese teach in comparison to us?
4. What did Will's teachers try to do about people's differences?
5. What scientist does Will make an allusion to?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)