|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else of royal descent pays Will Farnaby a visit?
(a) Prince William
(b) The Resi of Pala, and Murugan's mother
(c) The Rani of Pala, and Murugan's mother
(d) Queen Elizabeth
2. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
(a) Painless surgery
(b) Medicine to increase lifespan
(c) Painless childbirth
(d) The knowledge they would be healthier as a result
3. How does Will view his sexual relationship to Babs?
(a) As a cure-all
(b) As the reason for living
(c) As a much hated chore
(d) As an addiction
4. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(b) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(c) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
(d) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
5. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
(a) They will give all the money to charity
(b) They are offering the best price
(c) They have offered to industrialize Pala free of charge
(d) She knows the owner, Joe Aldehyde
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maithuna?
2. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
3. Does Murugan follow these practices?
4. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
5. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
Short Essay Questions
1. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
2. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
3. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
4. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
5. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
6. Before Andrew went to Pala, what were his ambitions?
7. What does Will believe was the result of the Rani's teachings to Murugan?
8. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
9. What do you notice about Radha and Ranga?
10. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)