|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
(a) Their kitten chasing yarn
(b) A bear on a unicycle
(c) The pyramids in white cloth
(d) A pedantic teacher on too much caffeine
2. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
(a) She loved him still, despite everything
(b) She hit him and screamed at him
(c) She told him that she hated him and never wanted to see him again
(d) She filed for divorce and sued him
3. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
(a) Susila still talks to her spouse, Will has come to terms with her death
(b) Will wallows in denial, Susila does not
(c) Susila is healing, Will is wallowing in grief
(d) Will has accepted Molly's death, but Susila hasn't accepted her husbands' death
4. Who is Will's boss?
(a) Joe Aldehyde
(b) John Aldehyde
(c) John Alderhoff
(d) Jaxson Anderson
5. What does Karuna mean to the Palanese?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Appu's lover think of her mental state?
2. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
3. How does the Rani view women?
4. Who does Will have an affair with?
5. Who was the Rani's master?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
2. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
3. What do you notice about Radha and Ranga?
4. Why does Ambassador Bahu believe that Pala needs to change?
5. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
6. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
7. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
8. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
9. What is a MAC?
10. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)