|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
2. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Brings him tea and scones
(b) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
(c) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
(d) Talks about her trip to France
3. What languages does the answer to #26 speak?
(a) Spanish, English and Palanese
(b) Chinese, English and Palanese
(c) French, English, and Palanese
(d) Russian, English and Palanese
4. How does the Rani view women?
(a) All women are to be servants of the men
(b) All women are deceitful temptresses
(c) Beings to be used for pleasure
(d) Essentially holy
5. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
2. What does Part 2 state about people?
3. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
4. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
5. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
2. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
3. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
4. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
5. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
6. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
7. How do the Palanese keep from feeling despair when reading about history?
8. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
9. Why was Will never interested in power? Quote from the text.
10. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)