|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Molly do as a hobby?
(a) She baked
(b) She knitted
(c) She sewed
(d) She painted
2. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
(a) Call for the nurse to empty his catheter
(b) Pack his bags and prepare to leave
(c) Eat some fruit
(d) Drink his fruit juice
3. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
(b) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(c) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
(d) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
4. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) An older woman
(b) A young boy
(c) A councillor
(d) A middle aged goat
5. How many children were in James and Janet's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What folly were the Raja and Andrew contemplating for the people of Pala?
2. What does the little book state about faith?
3. What is Maithuna?
4. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
5. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
2. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
3. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
4. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
5. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
6. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
7. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
8. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
9. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
10. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)