|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
(a) To establish a dictatorship and become rich
(b) Militarization and industrialization
(c) To find a way to persuade people to his will
(d) To turn Pala into a tourist trap
2. Why does Radha dislike the Ambassador?
(a) He told her she was horrible at her job
(b) He told her she was insane for believing in the teachings of Palanese people
(c) He touched her when she did not want to be touched
(d) He offered her money to sleep with him, she declined, he offered more money
3. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Murugan is selling out his people
(b) That they are lovers
(c) That Dipa associates with children
(d) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
4. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
(a) By pushing it to the back of his mind and not thinking about it
(b) By recounting his story until he no longer fears it
(c) By acting it out for a tribe of people
(d) By facing his fear and repeating the action that made him feel it
5. Why is Pala unpopular?
(a) It is neither communist or capitalist
(b) It practices freedom of self
(c) Its perceived to be promiscuous
(d) It has no military
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
2. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
3. What is Dhyana?
4. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
5. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
2. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
3. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
4. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
5. What is a MAC?
6. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
7. What does Will believe was the result of the Rani's teachings to Murugan?
8. Why was Will never interested in power? Quote from the text.
9. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
10. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)