|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Will?
(a) Marcie and Theodore
(b) Mary and Tom
(c) Mary and Terrance
(d) Maurice and Theresa
2. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(b) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(c) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
(d) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
3. What is the major trouble for Pala?
(a) The rising tides
(b) The Rani's spirituality
(c) Murugans' inauguration
(d) Colonel Dipa
4. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
5. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no trade
(b) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
(c) Pala has no military
(d) Pala has no harbor
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
2. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
3. How many children were in James and Janet's family?
4. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
5. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are practices of James and Janet MacPhail on their children that would be outlawed today?
2. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
3. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
4. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
5. Define the term "mother" in Palanese terms.
6. Murugan appears at Will's bed and engages in a dialogue. What does this dialogue portray Murugan to be?
7. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
8. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
9. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
10. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)