|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
(a) "Brave New World"
(b) "Notes on What's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do About What's What"
(c) "King Lear"
(d) Notes on Who's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do to Them"
2. How many passes did it take Andrew MacPhail to put the Raja to sleep?
(a) One hundred, thirty seven
(b) Two hundred and eight
(c) Two hundred, fifteen
(d) Two hundred and eleven
3. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
(a) She knows the owner, Joe Aldehyde
(b) They are offering the best price
(c) They have offered to industrialize Pala free of charge
(d) They will give all the money to charity
4. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
(a) To turn Pala into a tourist trap
(b) To find a way to persuade people to his will
(c) To establish a dictatorship and become rich
(d) Militarization and industrialization
5. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
(a) That he hates her but wants to ride on her coattails for the money
(b) That she is a pompous prude
(c) That she makes a monumental impression
(d) That the nurse should pay better attention to her patient than his visitors
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
2. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
3. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
4. How many waves of invasion passed Pala by?
5. What does Part 2 state about people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
2. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
3. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
4. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
5. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
6. What is a MAC?
7. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
8. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
9. Before Andrew went to Pala, what were his ambitions?
10. Murugan appears at Will's bed and engages in a dialogue. What does this dialogue portray Murugan to be?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)