|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) An older woman
(b) A councillor
(c) A young boy
(d) A middle aged goat
2. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
(a) A subservient nation
(c) A military power
(d) A sub continent
3. What is Maithuna?
(a) A marriage rite
(b) Their seat of government
(c) The yoga of love
(d) A rite of passage into adulthood
4. What does the Rani believe about herself?
(a) She believes the voices in her head are Gods words
(b) She believes she is a natural psychic and can hear God
(c) She believes that Murugan is an ill tempered little boy
(d) She believes she is destined to rule the world
5. Who was Andrew MacPhail's second patient after the Raja?
(a) An advisory council member
(b) The Rani
(c) Their son
(d) Their daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
2. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
3. What does Susila do for Will?
4. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
5. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a MAC?
2. What does Will notice about Bahu's compliment to Nurse Radha?
3. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
4. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
5. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
6. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
7. Before Andrew went to Pala, what were his ambitions?
8. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
9. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
10. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)