|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karuna mean to the Palanese?
2. Who is Will's boss?
(a) Jaxson Anderson
(b) John Alderhoff
(c) Joe Aldehyde
(d) John Aldehyde
3. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
(a) Called for Molly
(b) Resumed reading
(c) Went to the bathroom
(d) Started up a conversation with the people who were there
4. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
(b) A coconut
(c) A banana
(d) A pineapple
5. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
(a) Hey you! Wake up!
(d) Good Morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
2. What did Molly do as a hobby?
3. What does the Rani believe about herself?
4. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
5. How often does mail leave the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
2. What is the symbolism of the Scarecrows? Quote from the book and then simplify.
3. How do the Palanese keep from feeling despair when reading about history?
4. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
5. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
6. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
7. What is Shanta's opinion in regards to snakes and snakebites?
8. Explain why Mrs. Narayan is a justified optimist.
9. Describe how Dr. Robert deals with Lakshmi's death.
10. What is a MAC?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)