|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) He immediately begins work on a spear
(b) Recounts his late wife's death
(c) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
(d) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
2. What was the first thing the poem reminded him of?
(a) His dead wife
(b) His mismanaged life
(c) A summer holiday in Switzerland
(d) A winter holiday in Thailand
3. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
(a) Her pseudo religion "Crusade of the Spirit"
(b) Homosexual tendencies
(c) Her pseudo religion "Cult of the Soul"
(d) A filleting of those who affront the will of God
4. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
(a) She would have been 'unhappily ever after'
(b) She would have had different parents
(c) She would have been a problem child
(d) She would have done better
5. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
(b) Hey you! Wake up!
(d) Good Morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Part 2 state about people?
2. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
3. How did Will see Molly?
4. What does Mr. Bahu keep trying to convince Will about?
5. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
2. What is a MAC?
3. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
4. What does Will believe was the result of the Rani's teachings to Murugan?
5. What does Will notice about Bahu's compliment to Nurse Radha?
6. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
7. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
8. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
9. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
10. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)