|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He wants to be Susila's husband
(b) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
(c) He likes the tropical environment
(d) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
2. How did Will view people suddenly?
(a) As apes
(b) As phantom maggots
(c) As flies
(d) As ants
3. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(b) As sources of early retirement
(c) As walking money bags
(d) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
4. Where did Will meet Babs?
(a) At a strip club when he was there with Rachel
(b) On another island getaway he took from his wife
(c) On a plane while he was on his way to Africa
(d) At a bar when he was alone and drowning his sorrows
5. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
2. What was the first thing the poem reminded him of?
3. What does Susila do for Will?
4. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
5. What is SD?
Short Essay Questions
1. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
2. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
3. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
4. What does Will notice about Bahu's compliment to Nurse Radha?
5. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
6. What does Will believe was the result of the Rani's teachings to Murugan?
7. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
8. Murugan appears at Will's bed and engages in a dialogue. What does this dialogue portray Murugan to be?
9. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
10. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)