|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Will meet Babs?
(a) At a bar when he was alone and drowning his sorrows
(b) At a strip club when he was there with Rachel
(c) On another island getaway he took from his wife
(d) On a plane while he was on his way to Africa
2. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
(a) A military power
(c) A subservient nation
(d) A sub continent
3. Who finds Will?
(a) Mary and Tom
(b) Maurice and Theresa
(c) Marcie and Theodore
(d) Mary and Terrance
4. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Dipa associates with children
(b) That Murugan is selling out his people
(c) That they are lovers
(d) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
5. What did Molly do as a hobby?
(a) She knitted
(b) She baked
(c) She sewed
(d) She painted
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
2. How does the Rani view women?
3. What does the boy gesture to Will?
4. Who is Will's boss?
5. Does Murugan follow these practices?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
2. What does Will notice about Bahu's compliment to Nurse Radha?
3. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
4. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
5. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
6. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
7. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
8. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
9. What do you notice about Radha and Ranga?
10. How do the Palanese keep from feeling despair when reading about history?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)