|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
(a) Healthcare and education
(b) Sanitation and Healthcare
(c) Healthcare and contraceptives
(d) Education and contraceptives
2. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
3. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
(a) His boyish charm
(b) His white satin pajamas
(c) His political position
(d) His suave demeanor
4. Why is Pala unpopular?
(a) It is neither communist or capitalist
(b) It practices freedom of self
(c) Its perceived to be promiscuous
(d) It has no military
5. Who was the Rani's master?
(a) Koot Hoomi
(b) Koor Huumi
(c) Koos Hutti
(d) Koot Hoomit
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Radha dislike the Ambassador?
2. What was the first thing the poem reminded him of?
3. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
4. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
5. Where had Dr. Robert gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
2. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
3. Why was Will never interested in power? Quote from the text.
4. Murugan appears at Will's bed and engages in a dialogue. What does this dialogue portray Murugan to be?
5. What is a MAC?
6. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
7. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
8. Why does Ambassador Bahu believe that Pala needs to change?
9. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
10. What were three things that were reformed, and why were they so widely accepted?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)