|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
(a) Blow it up
(b) Get to know the culture
(c) Exploit its people
(d) Absorb it into his Greater Rendang
2. What does Karuna mean to the Palanese?
3. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
(a) She would have been 'unhappily ever after'
(b) She would have been a problem child
(c) She would have had different parents
(d) She would have done better
4. How long does Dr. Robert say that Will can stay on Pala?
(a) One month
(b) Two weeks
(c) Six months
(d) Four months
5. What does she compare her mother to?
(a) A permanent invasion to one's privacy
(b) An over exuberant two year old
(c) An underpaid care giver
(d) An overpaid model
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the habit the old Raja couldn't break?
2. Who was Andrew MacPhail's second patient after the Raja?
3. Why was Will headed to Pala?
4. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
5. How many passes did it take Andrew MacPhail to put the Raja to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
2. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
3. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
4. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
5. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
6. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
7. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
8. What were three things that were reformed, and why were they so widely accepted?
9. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
10. What does Will believe was the result of the Rani's teachings to Murugan?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)