|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susila compare children to?
(a) Young squirrels
(b) Mynah birds
(c) Manichean dualists
2. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
(a) Notes on Who's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do to Them"
(b) "Brave New World"
(c) "King Lear"
(d) "Notes on What's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do About What's What"
3. Who was the Rani's master?
(a) Koot Hoomit
(b) Koos Hutti
(c) Koor Huumi
(d) Koot Hoomi
4. Where had Dr. Robert gone?
5. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(b) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
(c) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
(d) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
2. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
3. How many reasons does Ranga have to dislike Mr. Badu?
4. Who else of royal descent pays Will Farnaby a visit?
5. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
2. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
3. Why was Will never interested in power? Quote from the text.
4. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
5. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
6. Murugan appears at Will's bed and engages in a dialogue. What does this dialogue portray Murugan to be?
7. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
8. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
9. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
10. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)