|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no harbor
(b) Pala has no military
(c) Pala has no trade
(d) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
2. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
(a) A Crane
(d) A Frog
3. What does the tea Will is fed do, according to the nurse?
(a) It is a flavorful beverage to delight his palate
(b) It is a sleeping draught
(c) It is a pain killer
(d) Helps people to stop worrying
4. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
(b) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
(c) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
(d) To find himself
5. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) As sources of early retirement
(b) As walking money bags
(c) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(d) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
2. What does the boy gesture to Will?
3. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
4. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
5. What brought this view of humanity on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
2. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
3. What are practices of James and Janet MacPhail on their children that would be outlawed today?
4. What is a MAC?
5. What seems so foreign about the way the people of Pala deal with fear?
6. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
7. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
8. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
9. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
10. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)