|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does mail leave the island?
(a) Once a week
(b) Twice a week
(c) Once every two weeks
(d) Every second day
2. What does Will compare his late father to?
(a) A water buffalo
(b) A gentian
(c) A spring sunrise
(d) An enormous turd
3. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
(b) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(c) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
(d) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
4. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
(b) That Dipa associates with children
(c) That Murugan is selling out his people
(d) That they are lovers
5. Does Murugan follow these practices?
(a) I don't know
(c) Only in appearances
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
2. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
3. Who does Will have an affair with?
4. What is Dhyana?
5. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you notice about Radha and Ranga?
2. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
3. What does Moksha-medicine do for the Palanese?
4. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
5. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
6. What does Will notice about the differences between Lakshmi and Aunt Mary?
7. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
8. What is the advice to every pair of lovers?
9. Why was Will never interested in power? Quote from the text.
10. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)