|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
(b) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(c) As sources of early retirement
(d) As walking money bags
2. What does the boy gesture to Will?
(a) To get up and get out
(b) To fornicate himself
(c) To come with him
(d) To act as though they've never met
3. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
(a) She told him that she hated him and never wanted to see him again
(b) She hit him and screamed at him
(c) She loved him still, despite everything
(d) She filed for divorce and sued him
4. How often does mail leave the island?
(a) Every second day
(b) Once a week
(c) Once every two weeks
(d) Twice a week
5. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
(a) Good Morning
(b) Hey you! Wake up!
Short Answer Questions
1. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
2. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
3. What brought this view of humanity on?
4. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
5. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
2. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
3. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
4. Murugan appears at Will's bed and engages in a dialogue. What does this dialogue portray Murugan to be?
5. What are practices of James and Janet MacPhail on their children that would be outlawed today?
6. What was Andrew's first genuinely religious experience?
7. Define the term "mother" in Palanese terms.
8. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
9. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
10. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)