|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Murugan is selling out his people
(b) That they are lovers
(c) That Dipa associates with children
(d) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
2. What is Maithuna?
(a) Their seat of government
(b) A marriage rite
(c) The yoga of love
(d) A rite of passage into adulthood
3. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He wants to be Susila's husband
(b) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
(c) He likes the tropical environment
(d) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
4. What does the little book state about faith?
(a) It states that Faith is the oppression of the masses, and that faith in oneself is the key to salvation
(b) Faith is only to be understood by the servants of God
(c) Faith is to be interpreted and wholeheartedly followed by the Rani
(d) It states that faith resides in the justified capacity to know who exactly we are
5. What does Susila compare children to?
(a) Mynah birds
(b) Manichean dualists
(d) Young squirrels
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Dr. Robert gone?
2. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
3. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
4. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
5. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
2. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
3. What is the advice to every pair of lovers?
4. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
5. How are animals treated on Pala versus the rest of the world?
6. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
7. What does Will notice about the differences between Lakshmi and Aunt Mary?
8. What does nurse Radha say the correct way of going about treating someone is?
9. What are Murugan's plans for Pala?
10. What is the most dangerous element to recognize in children and why is it the most dangerous?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)