|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He wants to be Susila's husband
(b) He likes the tropical environment
(c) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
(d) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
2. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
(a) Healthcare and education
(b) Sanitation and Healthcare
(c) Education and contraceptives
(d) Healthcare and contraceptives
3. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
(a) Hey you! Wake up!
(c) Good Morning
4. What brought this view of humanity on?
(a) His nightmares
(b) A Discovery channel show
(c) Himself as the product of his parents
(d) He witnessed a murder
5. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
(b) A banana
(c) A coconut
(d) A pineapple
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Rani's master?
2. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
3. How did Will see Molly?
4. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
5. How does the Rani view women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Murugan appears at Will's bed and engages in a dialogue. What does this dialogue portray Murugan to be?
2. What did Will find humiliating about working as a journalist?
3. What were three things that were reformed, and why were they so widely accepted?
4. What are some reasons Pala was unpopular?
5. What does Will notice about Bahu's compliment to Nurse Radha?
6. What intrigues Will about Murugan?
7. Before Andrew went to Pala, what were his ambitions?
8. What do you notice about Radha and Ranga?
9. Define the term "mother" in Palanese terms.
10. A tender picture of the doctor's relationship with his wife emerges. What does he feel she brings to the relationship?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)