|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
(b) A Crane
(d) A Frog
2. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
3. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
(a) That she makes a monumental impression
(b) That the nurse should pay better attention to her patient than his visitors
(c) That she is a pompous prude
(d) That he hates her but wants to ride on her coattails for the money
4. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
(a) Called for Molly
(b) Resumed reading
(c) Went to the bathroom
(d) Started up a conversation with the people who were there
5. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Talks about her trip to France
(b) Brings him tea and scones
(c) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
(d) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will arrive on the island?
2. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
3. Who was the Rani's master?
4. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
5. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will view sex addicts and how is it viewed on Pala?
2. Why was Will never interested in power? Quote from the text.
3. Define self determination also known as destiny control in Palanese terms.
4. What strikes fear into Will's heart?
5. How does Will initially react to the death of his wife?
6. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
7. What is the difference between a Wife of Love and a Sister of Mercy?
8. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
9. In what major way do the doctors of Pala and the doctors of the rest of the world differ?
10. Nurse Radha was offended by Ambassador Bahu before. How?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)