|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
(a) That he hates her but wants to ride on her coattails for the money
(b) That the nurse should pay better attention to her patient than his visitors
(c) That she makes a monumental impression
(d) That she is a pompous prude
2. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
(a) She would have had different parents
(b) She would have been a problem child
(c) She would have been 'unhappily ever after'
(d) She would have done better
3. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
(b) He wants to be Susila's husband
(c) He likes the tropical environment
(d) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
4. Who was Andrew MacPhail's second patient after the Raja?
(a) An advisory council member
(b) Their son
(c) Their daughter
(d) The Rani
5. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Dipa associates with children
(b) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
(c) That they are lovers
(d) That Murugan is selling out his people
Short Answer Questions
1. What languages does the answer to #26 speak?
2. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
3. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
4. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
5. Does Murugan follow these practices?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will say to Mary about his mother and how does she react?
2. Define the term "mother" in Palanese terms.
3. Describe how Dr. Robert deals with Lakshmi's death.
4. What is the advice to every pair of lovers?
5. In Pala, what is "grace" and how does this version of "grace" differ from ours?
6. What is the primary difference between the pain of Susila and Will?
7. Why does Murugan believe that the people of Pala won't accept the lure of consumer goods?
8. What does Will believe was the result of the Rani's teachings to Murugan?
9. How does the Rani perceive Palanese education?
10. Why is it seem to be impure to sleep with a woman to the Rani?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)