|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the play that Mary likes?
(a) Oedipus in Pala
(b) King Lear in Pala
(c) Cats in Pala
(d) Romeo and Juliet
2. What does their mushroom medicine take the biggest toll on?
(a) The kidneys
(b) The heart
(c) The liver
(d) The stomach
3. What does Will want to call out to the Rani?
(b) Quid Pro Quo!
(d) Prove it!
4. What was the name of the painter Will took an interest in?
(a) Gorvind Frasner
(b) Gobind Singh
(c) Vincinte Sorral
(d) Govind Singh
5. What religious word is mentioned throughout Chapter 10?
6. What does Dr. Robert believe will be a major political issue when Murugan comes of age?
(c) Oil refinement
7. How does the Rani address Will?
(a) Mon cher Farnaby
(b) Darling Will
(c) Dearest Will
(d) My dear Farnaby
8. Where does Will want to go in the morning?
(a) Home to America
(b) The High Altitude Station
(c) The Experimental Station
(d) To Britain
9. What is the last word the Mynahs spoke?
10. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
(a) Clean the kitchen
(b) Harvest duty
(c) Clean their rooms
(d) Scarecrow duty
11. Who picks Will up?
(a) The Rani and Murugan
(b) Joe Aldehyde and Mary Farnaby
(c) Dr. Robert and Susila
(d) Vijaya and Leela Rao
12. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
(b) Indifferent to her suffering and death
(c) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
(d) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
13. How many key figures in the administration are people working on?
(b) Four or five
14. What system is affected by the ololiuqui seeds?
(a) The reproductive system
(b) The somatic system
(c) The sensory system
(d) The reticular system
15. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crime of the Palanese?
2. What makes Leela happy?
3. What is Murugan looking at that he shouldn't have been?
4. What do the Palanese do about individuality?
5. What is Buddha sitting on?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)