|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shiva-Nataraja do?
(a) Plays a drum
(b) Demands obedience
(c) Rules completely
(d) Dances through planes of existence
2. What is the crime of the Palanese?
(a) They are too good
(b) They are too full of themselves
(c) They are too self involved
(d) They are too educated
3. What kind of marmalade does Will use?
4. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
(a) Van Gogh
(b) Leonardo Da Vinci
5. Who explains 'grace' to Will?
6. How does WIll react to the Rani's letter?
(a) With the calm air of servitude
(b) With indifference
(c) With inner violent anger
(d) With joy
7. What does Will say about the light?
(a) It is far off in the distance
(b) He is being it
(c) It surrounds him
(d) He is approaching it
8. God ____ ______ ______?
(a) glows and flames
(b) has merciful wonder
(c) is punishing me
(d) has forgiven me
9. What lands on the altar in the service?
(a) A feather
(b) A brightly colored beetle
(c) A grey bird with a crimson head
(d) A Mynah bird
10. Why didn't the Palanese ever export his work?
(a) They like his work too much to export it
(b) His work was never copywritten
(c) They bought it all
(d) They are ashamed of his work, so never let the public see it
11. What kind of staff does Will use?
12. What is the title of the book Murugan is reading in Chapter 10?
(a) Winning People's Hearts and Minds: One at a Time
(b) Home and Garden
(c) Geology Now
(d) Science Fiction
13. Where are the seeds from?
14. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
15. What is the benefit of being able to enter deep trances?
(a) Advanced relaxation
(b) Short cuts to memorization
(c) Being able to see bad thing before they happen
(d) Ability to travel distances without moving
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Leela Rao wearing?
2. How does Murugan view the ceremony?
3. What is a Rakshasi?
4. What did Will's teachers try to do about people's differences?
5. How did Will view Aunt Mary's love?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)