|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
(b) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
(c) Indifferent to her suffering and death
(d) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
2. How did Will feel before he had met Molly?
(a) Happily oblivious
(b) Free and at peace
(c) Stifled by loneliness
3. What is the name of the parrot at Vijaya's?
4. What do the Palanese do about individuality?
(a) All of the below
(b) They teach others to respect each other's differences
(c) They integrate individuality into acceptance
(d) They assess and classify them
5. What is the name of the play that Mary likes?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) Cats in Pala
(c) Oedipus in Pala
(d) King Lear in Pala
6. Why did Shanta send Tom to talk to Vijaya?
(a) To take consolation from the big man
(b) To speak with him about his mother
(c) Vijaya is everything Tom likes to imagine he is
(d) To lend Vijaya a hand
7. Who calls Will while he is reading?
(c) Dr. Robert
(d) The Rani
8. How do the Palanese teach in comparison to us?
(a) They focus on the here and now versus the then and later
(b) They don't teach propaganda, whereas we do
(c) They teach physics and math as opposed to us teaching humanities and art
(d) They teach as we would teach in fifteen years
9. What are the three pillars of Western prosperity?
(a) Armaments, universal healthcare and forced obedience
(b) Agriculture, universal debt and planned parenthood
(c) Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence
(d) Anger, universal acceptance, and consumerism
10. What is Buddha sitting on?
(a) A cylindrical pedestal
(b) A stone stage with flowers
(c) His behind in Lotus position
(d) A coiled cobra
11. What musician does Susila put on?
12. What kind of staff does Will use?
13. What lands on the altar in the service?
(a) A grey bird with a crimson head
(b) A Mynah bird
(c) A feather
(d) A brightly colored beetle
14. Who does Will leave with?
(a) The Rani
15. What is the last word the Mynahs spoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
2. How did Will view Aunt Mary's love?
3. What does Dr. Robert believe will be a major political issue when Murugan comes of age?
4. What is the primary focus of Palanese education?
5. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)