|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say about the light?
(a) It is far off in the distance
(b) It surrounds him
(c) He is being it
(d) He is approaching it
2. What is the title of the book Murugan is reading in Chapter 10?
(a) Geology Now
(b) Winning People's Hearts and Minds: One at a Time
(c) Science Fiction
(d) Home and Garden
3. What do the Palanese do about individuality?
(a) They integrate individuality into acceptance
(b) They teach others to respect each other's differences
(c) They assess and classify them
(d) All of the below
4. How many key figures in the administration are people working on?
(a) Four or five
5. What does Dr. Robert believe will be a major political issue when Murugan comes of age?
(a) Oil refinement
6. What is Murugan looking at that he shouldn't have been?
(a) A Sears, Roebuck and Co. catalogue
(c) A book entitled "Taking over the world, in three easy steps!"
(d) A book on "Waging War in a Modern World"
7. What should Murugan have been studying?
(a) Elementary Ecology
(b) Advanced Mathematics
(c) Andvanced History
(d) Elementary Physics
8. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
(a) Harvest duty
(b) Clean the kitchen
(c) Clean their rooms
(d) Scarecrow duty
9. What is a Rakshasi?
(a) A demon
(b) A culinary dish
(c) A warcry
(d) A meditation
10. What is the primary focus of Palanese education?
(b) The sciences of life
(c) Family studies
11. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
(d) His Aunt Mary
12. What does their mushroom medicine take the biggest toll on?
(a) The stomach
(b) The liver
(c) The heart
(d) The kidneys
13. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
(a) She went from being an escape from his parents to being a regretted trip
(b) She went from being loving, giving and charitable to hating everyone who wasn't sick
(c) She went from being someone he loved to someone he hated
(d) She went from being totally beautiful and appealing to being haggard and ugly
14. How does WIll react to the Rani's letter?
(a) With inner violent anger
(b) With indifference
(c) With joy
(d) With the calm air of servitude
15. What poet is mentioned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
2. What is the crime of the Palanese?
3. What do the two people request of Shanta?
4. How does the Rani address Will?
5. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)