|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shiva-Nataraja do?
(a) Dances through planes of existence
(b) Rules completely
(c) Demands obedience
(d) Plays a drum
2. How does the Rani address Will?
(a) Dearest Will
(b) Mon cher Farnaby
(c) Darling Will
(d) My dear Farnaby
3. What does their mushroom medicine take the biggest toll on?
(a) The kidneys
(b) The liver
(c) The stomach
(d) The heart
4. What religious word is mentioned throughout Chapter 10?
5. How is Artificial Insemination justified religiously?
(a) Reincarnation and Piety
(b) Karma and reincarnation
(c) God wanted those sperm to be there
(d) Karma and Restitution
6. Who picks Will up?
(a) Vijaya and Leela Rao
(b) Dr. Robert and Susila
(c) The Rani and Murugan
(d) Joe Aldehyde and Mary Farnaby
7. What kind of staff does Will use?
8. What does Will describe the Moksha-medicine experience as?
(a) Encroaching darkness
(b) Maddening anger
(c) Deepening sorrow
(d) Luminous bliss
9. What is the primary focus of Palanese education?
(b) Family studies
(d) The sciences of life
10. What are the scarecrows?
(a) Gigantic crows
(b) Clothes, stuffed with hay on poles
(c) Great big owls that flap their wings
(d) Life sized marionettes
11. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
(a) Van Gogh
(b) Leonardo Da Vinci
12. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
(a) They are all jaded to their own upbringings
(b) They are all sitting addicts
(c) They are too self absorbed to make any real progress
(d) They are all blind to true beauty
13. Vijaya compares himself to what animal?
(a) A kitten
(b) A tiger
(c) A gorilla
(d) A bear
14. Where are the seeds from?
15. How did Will feel before he had met Molly?
(a) Free and at peace
(b) Happily oblivious
(c) Stifled by loneliness
Short Answer Questions
1. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
2. Where was Dr. Robert serving as a naturalist?
3. How many key figures in the administration are people working on?
4. What system is affected by the ololiuqui seeds?
5. What is a Rakshasi?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)