|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scientist does Will make an allusion to?
(c) Sir Isaac Newton
(d) Nikola Tesla
2. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
(a) Clean their rooms
(b) Clean the kitchen
(c) Scarecrow duty
(d) Harvest duty
3. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
4. Who is Muchalinda?
(a) The King of Snakes
(b) The King of Tigers
(c) The King of Sweden
(d) The King of Spiders
5. What are the three pillars of Western prosperity?
(a) Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence
(b) Armaments, universal healthcare and forced obedience
(c) Agriculture, universal debt and planned parenthood
(d) Anger, universal acceptance, and consumerism
6. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
(b) King George
(c) King Henry
7. How many deep breaths are required for a child having a fit?
8. What musician does Susila put on?
9. Who is meeting Will and Vijaya upon their arrival at the school?
(a) Murugan and Susila
(b) Mrs. Narayan and Mr. Menon
(c) Dr. Robert and Susila
(d) The Rani and Lord Aldehyde
10. How old is the baby Shanta is nursing?
(a) Six months
(b) Eight months
(c) Thirteen months
(d) Eighteen months
11. What do the two people request of Shanta?
(a) To come and have dinner with them
(b) To talk to their mother
(c) To go immediately to see Dr. Robert
(d) To walk with them to Susila's
12. Who turns out to be the father of the baby Shanta is nursing?
(a) Gobind Singh
(b) Dr. Robert
13. How do the Palanese teach in comparison to us?
(a) They focus on the here and now versus the then and later
(b) They teach as we would teach in fifteen years
(c) They teach physics and math as opposed to us teaching humanities and art
(d) They don't teach propaganda, whereas we do
14. What kind of marmalade does Will use?
15. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
(a) They are all blind to true beauty
(b) They are too self absorbed to make any real progress
(c) They are all sitting addicts
(d) They are all jaded to their own upbringings
Short Answer Questions
1. What language is the Service given in?
2. What was the name of the painter Will took an interest in?
3. Who explains 'grace' to Will?
4. What is Leela's vocation?
5. What is the name of the parrot at Vijaya's?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)