|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two people request of Shanta?
(a) To talk to their mother
(b) To go immediately to see Dr. Robert
(c) To walk with them to Susila's
(d) To come and have dinner with them
2. What is the primary focus of Palanese education?
(c) Family studies
(d) The sciences of life
3. Why didn't the Palanese ever export his work?
(a) They bought it all
(b) His work was never copywritten
(c) They are ashamed of his work, so never let the public see it
(d) They like his work too much to export it
4. What language is the Service given in?
5. What is a Palanese criterion of a good school?
(a) Winning scholarships
(b) Creating strength for the state
(c) Creating puppets out of children
6. What color is Leela Rao wearing?
7. What does Will say about the light?
(a) It surrounds him
(b) It is far off in the distance
(c) He is being it
(d) He is approaching it
8. How is Artificial Insemination justified religiously?
(a) God wanted those sperm to be there
(b) Reincarnation and Piety
(c) Karma and reincarnation
(d) Karma and Restitution
9. Vijaya compares himself to what animal?
(a) A tiger
(b) A bear
(c) A gorilla
(d) A kitten
10. How does Will attempt to describe his experience with the Moksha-medicine?
(a) Enveloping love
(b) Terrifying darkness
(c) Luminous bliss
(d) Radiating comfort
11. How is it that he fathered their child?
(a) Vijaya is Gobind's son
(b) He preformed the Yoga of Love with Shanta
(c) Deep Freeze and Artificial Insemination
(d) Virgin Birth and Speculation
12. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
13. What was significant about Gobind's grandmother?
(a) She was extremely maternal and very healthy
(b) She was incredibly intelligent
(c) She was an oracle
(d) She was a gifted medium and lived until ninety-six
14. What does Will describe the Moksha-medicine experience as?
(a) Luminous bliss
(b) Encroaching darkness
(c) Deepening sorrow
(d) Maddening anger
15. What does Shiva-Nataraja do?
(a) Plays a drum
(b) Rules completely
(c) Dances through planes of existence
(d) Demands obedience
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will want to call out to the Rani?
2. What is capable in a very deep trance?
3. Who calls Will while he is reading?
4. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
5. What are the three pillars of Western prosperity?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)