|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the three pillars of Western prosperity?
(a) Armaments, universal healthcare and forced obedience
(b) Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence
(c) Anger, universal acceptance, and consumerism
(d) Agriculture, universal debt and planned parenthood
2. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
(b) His Aunt Mary
3. What are the scarecrows?
(a) Life sized marionettes
(b) Gigantic crows
(c) Great big owls that flap their wings
(d) Clothes, stuffed with hay on poles
4. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
(a) She went from being someone he loved to someone he hated
(b) She went from being totally beautiful and appealing to being haggard and ugly
(c) She went from being an escape from his parents to being a regretted trip
(d) She went from being loving, giving and charitable to hating everyone who wasn't sick
5. Where was Dr. Robert serving as a naturalist?
(a) On the Olympus
(b) On the Nautilus
(c) On the Melampus
(d) In Turkey
6. What is the name of the play that Mary likes?
(a) Oedipus in Pala
(b) Romeo and Juliet
(c) King Lear in Pala
(d) Cats in Pala
7. What is Buddha sitting on?
(a) A stone stage with flowers
(b) A cylindrical pedestal
(c) His behind in Lotus position
(d) A coiled cobra
8. What do the Palanese do about individuality?
(a) They assess and classify them
(b) All of the below
(c) They integrate individuality into acceptance
(d) They teach others to respect each other's differences
9. What color is Leela Rao wearing?
10. Who is Muchalinda?
(a) The King of Tigers
(b) The King of Snakes
(c) The King of Spiders
(d) The King of Sweden
11. Who explains 'grace' to Will?
12. Who comes to alert Susila about Lakshmi?
(b) Dr. Robert
13. Who is meeting Will and Vijaya upon their arrival at the school?
(a) The Rani and Lord Aldehyde
(b) Dr. Robert and Susila
(c) Murugan and Susila
(d) Mrs. Narayan and Mr. Menon
14. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
(a) His best friend, Spencer
(b) Aunt Molly
(c) Tiger, a dog
(d) Tigger, a cat
15. What is the benefit of being able to enter deep trances?
(a) Short cuts to memorization
(b) Ability to travel distances without moving
(c) Being able to see bad thing before they happen
(d) Advanced relaxation
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the baby Shanta is nursing?
2. Vijaya compares himself to what animal?
3. What does Shiva-Nataraja do?
4. What did Will's teachers try to do about people's differences?
5. What does their mushroom medicine take the biggest toll on?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)