|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Rani address Will?
(a) Darling Will
(b) My dear Farnaby
(c) Dearest Will
(d) Mon cher Farnaby
2. What is the word they whisper in a prayer for peace?
3. What should Murugan have been studying?
(a) Andvanced History
(b) Elementary Ecology
(c) Elementary Physics
(d) Advanced Mathematics
4. What poet is mentioned?
5. Who explains 'grace' to Will?
6. What was Murugan doing while everyone else was having a vision?
(a) Screaming like a banshee
(b) Reading his book
(c) Picking his nose
(d) Muttering "this is all so false"
7. What religious word is mentioned throughout Chapter 10?
8. Who is Muchalinda?
(a) The King of Sweden
(b) The King of Snakes
(c) The King of Tigers
(d) The King of Spiders
9. What lands on the altar in the service?
(a) A grey bird with a crimson head
(b) A Mynah bird
(c) A feather
(d) A brightly colored beetle
10. Where are the seeds from?
11. What is capable in a very deep trance?
(a) Time distortion
(b) Clear meditation
(d) Accurate Clairvoyance
12. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
(a) They are all jaded to their own upbringings
(b) They are too self absorbed to make any real progress
(c) They are all sitting addicts
(d) They are all blind to true beauty
13. What did Will's teachers try to do about people's differences?
(a) Iron them out
(b) Blow them out of proportion
(c) Exploit them for their own gain
(d) Make them more than they were
14. What are the scarecrows?
(a) Clothes, stuffed with hay on poles
(b) Gigantic crows
(c) Life sized marionettes
(d) Great big owls that flap their wings
15. What is the crime of the Palanese?
(a) They are too full of themselves
(b) They are too good
(c) They are too educated
(d) They are too self involved
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Palanese criterion of a good school?
2. What makes Leela happy?
3. What do the Palanese do about individuality?
4. What is the last word the Mynahs spoke?
5. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)