|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
(a) They are too self absorbed to make any real progress
(b) They are all jaded to their own upbringings
(c) They are all sitting addicts
(d) They are all blind to true beauty
2. What are the three pillars of Western prosperity?
(a) Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence
(b) Agriculture, universal debt and planned parenthood
(c) Anger, universal acceptance, and consumerism
(d) Armaments, universal healthcare and forced obedience
3. What is the name of the play that Mary likes?
(a) Oedipus in Pala
(b) King Lear in Pala
(c) Cats in Pala
(d) Romeo and Juliet
4. What is the crime of the Palanese?
(a) They are too full of themselves
(b) They are too self involved
(c) They are too good
(d) They are too educated
5. Who does Will ask about when he sees Dr. Robert in the morning?
(c) Nurse Radha
6. What does Will say about the light?
(a) He is approaching it
(b) It surrounds him
(c) It is far off in the distance
(d) He is being it
7. Where are the seeds from?
8. How does Will attempt to describe his experience with the Moksha-medicine?
(a) Luminous bliss
(b) Radiating comfort
(c) Terrifying darkness
(d) Enveloping love
9. What makes Leela happy?
(a) Will Farnaby's manners
(b) That Will likes Ranga and Radha
(c) That they are going to the High Altitude Station
(d) Will Farnaby's charm and good looks
10. Who shows up at Shanta and Vijaya's house?
(a) Susila and Dugald
(b) Dr. Robert and Susila
(c) The Rani and Murugan
(d) Tom Krishna and Mary Sarojini
11. How do the Palanese teach in comparison to us?
(a) They focus on the here and now versus the then and later
(b) They don't teach propaganda, whereas we do
(c) They teach physics and math as opposed to us teaching humanities and art
(d) They teach as we would teach in fifteen years
12. How many deep breaths are required for a child having a fit?
13. What are the scarecrows?
(a) Gigantic crows
(b) Great big owls that flap their wings
(c) Clothes, stuffed with hay on poles
(d) Life sized marionettes
14. What urgent matter did the Rani call to discuss with Will?
(a) Will's spiritual compass
(b) Aldehyde's marriage proposal to her
(c) Murugan's appearance at the initiation
15. How did Will feel before he had met Molly?
(b) Stifled by loneliness
(c) Free and at peace
(d) Happily oblivious
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit of being able to enter deep trances?
2. What poet is mentioned?
3. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
4. How old is the baby Shanta is nursing?
5. What do the two people request of Shanta?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)