|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the seeds from?
2. What does Will want to call out to the Rani?
(a) Prove it!
(b) Quid Pro Quo!
3. What does Vijaya predict the average IQ will be on Pala in a century?
(a) One hundred fifteen
(b) One hundred twenty
(c) Two hundred
(d) Ninety eight
4. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
(a) Leonardo Da Vinci
(c) Van Gogh
5. Who explains 'grace' to Will?
6. How did Will's Aunt Mary change?
(a) She went from being an escape from his parents to being a regretted trip
(b) She went from being loving, giving and charitable to hating everyone who wasn't sick
(c) She went from being someone he loved to someone he hated
(d) She went from being totally beautiful and appealing to being haggard and ugly
7. How does Murugan view the ceremony?
(a) With contempt
(b) With respect
(c) With rebelliousness
(d) With wonder
8. Who turns out to be the father of the baby Shanta is nursing?
(b) Dr. Robert
(c) Gobind Singh
9. How does Will attempt to describe his experience with the Moksha-medicine?
(a) Terrifying darkness
(b) Enveloping love
(c) Radiating comfort
(d) Luminous bliss
10. What religious word is mentioned throughout Chapter 10?
11. What urgent matter did the Rani call to discuss with Will?
(a) Will's spiritual compass
(b) Aldehyde's marriage proposal to her
(d) Murugan's appearance at the initiation
12. What is a Palanese criterion of a good school?
(b) Creating puppets out of children
(c) Creating strength for the state
(d) Winning scholarships
13. What are the scarecrows?
(a) Gigantic crows
(b) Life sized marionettes
(c) Clothes, stuffed with hay on poles
(d) Great big owls that flap their wings
14. What was Murugan doing while everyone else was having a vision?
(a) Screaming like a banshee
(b) Picking his nose
(c) Reading his book
(d) Muttering "this is all so false"
15. What should Murugan have been studying?
(a) Elementary Physics
(b) Elementary Ecology
(c) Andvanced History
(d) Advanced Mathematics
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't the Palanese ever export his work?
2. How does WIll react to the Rani's letter?
3. What is a Rakshasi?
4. How many key figures in the administration are people working on?
5. What language is the Service given in?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)