|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it that he fathered their child?
(a) He preformed the Yoga of Love with Shanta
(b) Vijaya is Gobind's son
(c) Virgin Birth and Speculation
(d) Deep Freeze and Artificial Insemination
2. Vijaya compares himself to what animal?
(a) A tiger
(b) A kitten
(c) A gorilla
(d) A bear
3. What things are responsible for the mirage of happiness?
(a) Toys, pills and non-stop distractions
(b) Food, drugs, and television
(c) Technology and gadgetry
(d) Self delusion, denial and self depreciation
4. How many deep breaths are required for a child having a fit?
5. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
(a) Clean their rooms
(b) Clean the kitchen
(c) Harvest duty
(d) Scarecrow duty
6. Who picks Will up?
(a) Vijaya and Leela Rao
(b) The Rani and Murugan
(c) Joe Aldehyde and Mary Farnaby
(d) Dr. Robert and Susila
7. What are the scarecrows?
(a) Gigantic crows
(b) Life sized marionettes
(c) Clothes, stuffed with hay on poles
(d) Great big owls that flap their wings
8. What is Murugan looking at that he shouldn't have been?
(b) A book on "Waging War in a Modern World"
(c) A book entitled "Taking over the world, in three easy steps!"
(d) A Sears, Roebuck and Co. catalogue
9. What color is Leela Rao wearing?
10. What religious word is mentioned throughout Chapter 10?
11. Who is meeting Will and Vijaya upon their arrival at the school?
(a) Mrs. Narayan and Mr. Menon
(b) Dr. Robert and Susila
(c) The Rani and Lord Aldehyde
(d) Murugan and Susila
12. What is the benefit of being able to enter deep trances?
(a) Advanced relaxation
(b) Being able to see bad thing before they happen
(c) Short cuts to memorization
(d) Ability to travel distances without moving
13. How does the Rani address Will?
(a) Mon cher Farnaby
(b) My dear Farnaby
(c) Darling Will
(d) Dearest Will
14. Who shows up at Shanta and Vijaya's house?
(a) Tom Krishna and Mary Sarojini
(b) Susila and Dugald
(c) Dr. Robert and Susila
(d) The Rani and Murugan
15. What does Dr. Robert believe will be a major political issue when Murugan comes of age?
(a) Oil refinement
Short Answer Questions
1. What could prevent the spread of Palanese knowledge of happiness to other countries?
2. Who does Will leave with?
3. What was significant about Gobind's grandmother?
4. What is capable in a very deep trance?
5. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)