|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Murugan doing while everyone else was having a vision?
(a) Reading his book
(b) Muttering "this is all so false"
(c) Picking his nose
(d) Screaming like a banshee
2. How does Murugan view the ceremony?
(a) With respect
(b) With rebelliousness
(c) With contempt
(d) With wonder
3. What fruit does Susila compare Nirvana to?
(a) A pear
(b) A supermandarine
(c) A banana
(d) A supermango
4. What was significant about Gobind's grandmother?
(a) She was incredibly intelligent
(b) She was a gifted medium and lived until ninety-six
(c) She was extremely maternal and very healthy
(d) She was an oracle
5. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
6. Where are the seeds from?
7. What is the primary focus of Palanese education?
(a) The sciences of life
(c) Family studies
8. What does Will describe the Moksha-medicine experience as?
(a) Encroaching darkness
(b) Deepening sorrow
(c) Maddening anger
(d) Luminous bliss
9. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
(a) Aunt Molly
(b) Tigger, a cat
(c) His best friend, Spencer
(d) Tiger, a dog
10. How is Artificial Insemination justified religiously?
(a) God wanted those sperm to be there
(b) Karma and Restitution
(c) Reincarnation and Piety
(d) Karma and reincarnation
11. How many key figures in the administration are people working on?
(a) Four or five
12. What musician does Susila put on?
13. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
(a) They are all blind to true beauty
(b) They are too self absorbed to make any real progress
(c) They are all sitting addicts
(d) They are all jaded to their own upbringings
14. What is the last word the Mynahs spoke?
15. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
(a) Clean their rooms
(b) Harvest duty
(c) Clean the kitchen
(d) Scarecrow duty
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of marmalade does Will use?
2. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
3. What things are responsible for the mirage of happiness?
4. How did Will view Aunt Mary's love?
5. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)