|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Will while he is reading?
(a) Dr. Robert
(b) The Rani
2. What is the name of the parrot at Vijaya's?
3. What is the primary focus of Palanese education?
(b) The sciences of life
(d) Family studies
4. How does Murugan view the ceremony?
(a) With contempt
(b) With rebelliousness
(c) With wonder
(d) With respect
5. What makes Leela happy?
(a) That Will likes Ranga and Radha
(b) Will Farnaby's charm and good looks
(c) That they are going to the High Altitude Station
(d) Will Farnaby's manners
6. Who picks Will up?
(a) Vijaya and Leela Rao
(b) The Rani and Murugan
(c) Dr. Robert and Susila
(d) Joe Aldehyde and Mary Farnaby
7. How is Artificial Insemination justified religiously?
(a) Karma and reincarnation
(b) Karma and Restitution
(c) Reincarnation and Piety
(d) God wanted those sperm to be there
8. What was significant about Gobind's grandmother?
(a) She was incredibly intelligent
(b) She was extremely maternal and very healthy
(c) She was a gifted medium and lived until ninety-six
(d) She was an oracle
9. What does Shiva-Nataraja do?
(a) Plays a drum
(b) Demands obedience
(c) Rules completely
(d) Dances through planes of existence
10. What do the Palanese do about individuality?
(a) They integrate individuality into acceptance
(b) They assess and classify them
(c) They teach others to respect each other's differences
(d) All of the below
11. Who does Will remember that hurts him so much from his childhood?
(a) Tigger, a cat
(b) Aunt Molly
(c) His best friend, Spencer
(d) Tiger, a dog
12. Where was Dr. Robert serving as a naturalist?
(a) On the Nautilus
(b) On the Olympus
(c) On the Melampus
(d) In Turkey
13. What kind of staff does Will use?
14. What religious word is mentioned throughout Chapter 10?
15. Who was the only person Will had ever loved?
(d) His Aunt Mary
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will leave with?
2. What are the children's chores for the afternoon?
3. Who is one of Murugan's heroes?
4. How is it that he fathered their child?
5. How does Will attempt to describe his experience with the Moksha-medicine?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)