|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Palanese teach in comparison to us?
(a) They focus on the here and now versus the then and later
(b) They don't teach propaganda, whereas we do
(c) They teach physics and math as opposed to us teaching humanities and art
(d) They teach as we would teach in fifteen years
2. What language is the Service given in?
3. What makes Leela happy?
(a) Will Farnaby's charm and good looks
(b) Will Farnaby's manners
(c) That Will likes Ranga and Radha
(d) That they are going to the High Altitude Station
4. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
(b) The Hornpipe
(c) Punched Will in the ribs
(d) Hit the dashboard
5. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
(b) King George
(d) King Henry
6. How did Will view Aunt Mary's love?
(a) As a kind of physical radiation
(b) Like a perpetually blooming flower
(c) It was chokingly powerful
(d) Quiet and serene, like a slow moving river
7. What do the two people request of Shanta?
(a) To come and have dinner with them
(b) To go immediately to see Dr. Robert
(c) To walk with them to Susila's
(d) To talk to their mother
8. Where are the seeds from?
9. What does Will describe the Moksha-medicine experience as?
(a) Deepening sorrow
(b) Encroaching darkness
(c) Maddening anger
(d) Luminous bliss
10. What is the crime of the Palanese?
(a) They are too full of themselves
(b) They are too educated
(c) They are too good
(d) They are too self involved
11. What kind of staff does Will use?
12. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
13. What lands on the altar in the service?
(a) A brightly colored beetle
(b) A grey bird with a crimson head
(c) A Mynah bird
(d) A feather
14. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
(b) Indifferent to her suffering and death
(c) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
(d) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
15. Who comes to alert Susila about Lakshmi?
(c) Dr. Robert
Short Answer Questions
1. What two physical traits does Shanta say her baby will possess?
2. What system is affected by the ololiuqui seeds?
3. What is the last word the Mynahs spoke?
4. Who does Will leave with?
5. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)