|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scientist does Will make an allusion to?
(a) Nikola Tesla
(b) Sir Isaac Newton
2. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Indifferent to her suffering and death
(b) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
(c) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
(d) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
3. How is it that he fathered their child?
(a) He preformed the Yoga of Love with Shanta
(b) Deep Freeze and Artificial Insemination
(c) Virgin Birth and Speculation
(d) Vijaya is Gobind's son
4. What is a Palanese criterion of a good school?
(a) Winning scholarships
(b) Creating strength for the state
(d) Creating puppets out of children
5. What does Shiva-Nataraja do?
(a) Rules completely
(b) Demands obedience
(c) Dances through planes of existence
(d) Plays a drum
6. What color was the dog that greeted Will at Vijaya's bungalow?
7. What was the name of the painter Will took an interest in?
(a) Gobind Singh
(b) Gorvind Frasner
(c) Govind Singh
(d) Vincinte Sorral
8. What things are responsible for the mirage of happiness?
(a) Food, drugs, and television
(b) Self delusion, denial and self depreciation
(c) Toys, pills and non-stop distractions
(d) Technology and gadgetry
9. What does the Rani think about a MAC?
(a) Its a good idea and she likes it
(b) Its a good idea for everyone else, but not good enough for her son
(c) She doesn't care one way or the other about it
(d) The idea even is blasphemy, only God can create mothers
10. What is the word they whisper in a prayer for peace?
11. What is Leela's vocation?
(a) She is a scientist
(b) She is a social worker
(c) She is a nurse in training
(d) She is a teacher of the yoga of love
12. What religious word is mentioned throughout Chapter 10?
13. What did Will's teachers try to do about people's differences?
(a) Blow them out of proportion
(b) Exploit them for their own gain
(c) Make them more than they were
(d) Iron them out
14. Which ruler does Will imagine when looking at the scarecrows?
(a) King George
(b) King Henry
15. What kind of staff does Will use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is meeting Will and Vijaya upon their arrival at the school?
2. What makes Leela happy?
3. What do the locals call the mushrooms they consume?
4. What language is the Service given in?
5. Who shows up at Shanta and Vijaya's house?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)