|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
(a) She would have been a problem child
(b) She would have been 'unhappily ever after'
(c) She would have had different parents
(d) She would have done better
2. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
(a) Sanitation and Healthcare
(b) Healthcare and education
(c) Education and contraceptives
(d) Healthcare and contraceptives
3. How many children were in James and Janet's family?
4. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
(a) By recounting his story until he no longer fears it
(b) By acting it out for a tribe of people
(c) By pushing it to the back of his mind and not thinking about it
(d) By facing his fear and repeating the action that made him feel it
5. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
(a) He was fond of Will
(b) He befriended Will
(c) He was pleased with his work
(d) He was fond of Molly
6. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
(b) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(c) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
(d) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
7. Who wrote the poem that Will found in the book?
(a) Susila MacPhail
(b) Radha Appu
(c) Dugald MacPhail
(d) Dr. MacPhail
8. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Murugan is selling out his people
(b) That they are lovers
(c) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
(d) That Dipa associates with children
9. Who else of royal descent pays Will Farnaby a visit?
(a) The Rani of Pala, and Murugan's mother
(b) The Resi of Pala, and Murugan's mother
(c) Queen Elizabeth
(d) Prince William
10. How many reasons does Ranga have to dislike Mr. Badu?
11. What does the tea Will is fed do, according to the nurse?
(a) It is a pain killer
(b) Helps people to stop worrying
(c) It is a flavorful beverage to delight his palate
(d) It is a sleeping draught
12. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
(a) That to be eloquent about religion is to sully it
(b) All religions are equal and the same
(c) That all people are inherently evil and must be watched over by a tyrant god
(d) That the principals of every religion ought to be followed
13. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
(a) She knows the owner, Joe Aldehyde
(b) They will give all the money to charity
(c) They have offered to industrialize Pala free of charge
(d) They are offering the best price
14. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
15. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
(a) A banana
(b) A coconut
(c) A pineapple
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passes did it take Andrew MacPhail to put the Raja to sleep?
2. What does Susila do for Will?
3. What does Susila compare children to?
4. How does Will arrive on the island?
5. What is the major trouble for Pala?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)