|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
(a) The knowledge they would be healthier as a result
(b) Painless childbirth
(c) Painless surgery
(d) Medicine to increase lifespan
2. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(b) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
(c) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(d) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
3. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(b) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(c) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
(d) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
4. What did Molly do as a hobby?
(a) She baked
(b) She sewed
(c) She painted
(d) She knitted
5. How many waves of invasion passed Pala by?
6. Who was the Rani's master?
(a) Koor Huumi
(b) Koot Hoomit
(c) Koot Hoomi
(d) Koos Hutti
7. Why is Pala unpopular?
(a) It is neither communist or capitalist
(b) It practices freedom of self
(c) It has no military
(d) Its perceived to be promiscuous
8. What does the tea Will is fed do, according to the nurse?
(a) It is a sleeping draught
(b) It is a flavorful beverage to delight his palate
(c) It is a pain killer
(d) Helps people to stop worrying
9. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
(a) Will wallows in denial, Susila does not
(b) Susila is healing, Will is wallowing in grief
(c) Will has accepted Molly's death, but Susila hasn't accepted her husbands' death
(d) Susila still talks to her spouse, Will has come to terms with her death
10. What does Susila compare children to?
(a) Mynah birds
(b) Young squirrels
(c) Manichean dualists
11. What does Appu's lover think of her mental state?
(a) She is abnormally sane
(b) She is slightly crazy
(c) She is completely neurotic
(d) She's a closet psychotic
12. What is the major trouble for Pala?
(a) The Rani's spirituality
(b) The rising tides
(c) Murugans' inauguration
(d) Colonel Dipa
13. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
(a) She would have had different parents
(b) She would have done better
(c) She would have been a problem child
(d) She would have been 'unhappily ever after'
14. Who was Andrew MacPhail's second patient after the Raja?
(a) Their son
(b) An advisory council member
(c) Their daughter
(d) The Rani
15. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
(a) A subservient nation
(b) A military power
(c) A sub continent
Short Answer Questions
1. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
2. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
3. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
4. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
5. What does Karuna mean to the Palanese?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)