|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What folly were the Raja and Andrew contemplating for the people of Pala?
(a) The folly of Kant
(b) The folly of Blake
(c) The folly of Demosthenes
(d) The folly of Nietsche
2. What does Will compare his late father to?
(a) An enormous turd
(b) A spring sunrise
(c) A water buffalo
(d) A gentian
3. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no military
(b) Pala has no trade
(c) Pala has no harbor
(d) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
4. What does the tea Will is fed do, according to the nurse?
(a) It is a flavorful beverage to delight his palate
(b) It is a pain killer
(c) Helps people to stop worrying
(d) It is a sleeping draught
5. Why is Pala unpopular?
(a) It is neither communist or capitalist
(b) It has no military
(c) Its perceived to be promiscuous
(d) It practices freedom of self
6. What does the boy gesture to Will?
(a) To fornicate himself
(b) To get up and get out
(c) To come with him
(d) To act as though they've never met
7. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
(a) Militarization and industrialization
(b) To turn Pala into a tourist trap
(c) To find a way to persuade people to his will
(d) To establish a dictatorship and become rich
8. What does Mr. Bahu say the plague of the twentieth century is?
(b) The Gray Life
9. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
(a) That she is a pompous prude
(b) That he hates her but wants to ride on her coattails for the money
(c) That the nurse should pay better attention to her patient than his visitors
(d) That she makes a monumental impression
10. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Dr. Robert
(c) The Rani
(d) Nurse Radha
11. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
(b) A sub continent
(c) A subservient nation
(d) A military power
12. What is SD?
(a) Sensual Dance
(c) Soothing Dialogue
(d) Sexual Discrimination
13. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
(a) "Notes on What's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do About What's What"
(b) "Brave New World"
(c) Notes on Who's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do to Them"
(d) "King Lear"
14. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
(a) Her pseudo religion "Crusade of the Spirit"
(b) A filleting of those who affront the will of God
(c) Her pseudo religion "Cult of the Soul"
(d) Homosexual tendencies
15. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(b) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(c) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(d) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
2. Who was the Rani's master?
3. What languages does the answer to #26 speak?
4. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
5. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)