|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bahu keep trying to convince Will about?
(a) The importance of investing young
(b) The legitimacy of his heritage
(c) The futility of Pala's continued way of life
(d) How evil the island truly is
2. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(b) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
(c) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
(d) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
3. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
4. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
5. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
(a) Pack his bags and prepare to leave
(b) Call for the nurse to empty his catheter
(c) Drink his fruit juice
(d) Eat some fruit
6. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Mr. Wellington
(b) Mr. Stoffers
(c) Colonel Dirksa
(d) Colonel Dipa
7. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(b) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
(c) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(d) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
8. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
(a) That she makes a monumental impression
(b) That the nurse should pay better attention to her patient than his visitors
(c) That she is a pompous prude
(d) That he hates her but wants to ride on her coattails for the money
9. Why didn't Rachel satisfy Will?
(a) She was too openly loving to will in the presence of Molly
(b) She was always consumed with her artistry
(c) She insisted he divorce Molly
(d) She would refuse him sexually
10. What does Appu's lover think of her mental state?
(a) She's a closet psychotic
(b) She is abnormally sane
(c) She is completely neurotic
(d) She is slightly crazy
11. How often does mail leave the island?
(a) Twice a week
(b) Once a week
(c) Once every two weeks
(d) Every second day
12. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He likes the tropical environment
(b) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
(c) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
(d) He wants to be Susila's husband
13. What does the boy gesture to Will?
(a) To act as though they've never met
(b) To fornicate himself
(c) To get up and get out
(d) To come with him
14. Who was the Rani's master?
(a) Koor Huumi
(b) Koot Hoomi
(c) Koot Hoomit
(d) Koos Hutti
15. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
(a) Started up a conversation with the people who were there
(b) Resumed reading
(c) Called for Molly
(d) Went to the bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
2. What was the first thing the poem reminded him of?
3. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
4. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
5. What does Susila do for Will?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)