|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little book state about faith?
(a) It states that faith resides in the justified capacity to know who exactly we are
(b) It states that Faith is the oppression of the masses, and that faith in oneself is the key to salvation
(c) Faith is only to be understood by the servants of God
(d) Faith is to be interpreted and wholeheartedly followed by the Rani
2. How many passes did it take Andrew MacPhail to put the Raja to sleep?
(a) One hundred, thirty seven
(b) Two hundred and eleven
(c) Two hundred and eight
(d) Two hundred, fifteen
3. What does Mr. Bahu say the plague of the twentieth century is?
(d) The Gray Life
4. Who was the Rani's master?
(a) Koor Huumi
(b) Koos Hutti
(c) Koot Hoomi
(d) Koot Hoomit
5. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) As sources of early retirement
(b) As walking money bags
(c) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(d) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
6. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
7. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
(a) Susila still talks to her spouse, Will has come to terms with her death
(b) Will wallows in denial, Susila does not
(c) Will has accepted Molly's death, but Susila hasn't accepted her husbands' death
(d) Susila is healing, Will is wallowing in grief
8. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) He immediately begins work on a spear
(b) Recounts his late wife's death
(c) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
(d) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
9. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He likes the tropical environment
(b) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
(c) He wants to be Susila's husband
(d) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
10. What is the major trouble for Pala?
(a) Murugans' inauguration
(b) Colonel Dipa
(c) The rising tides
(d) The Rani's spirituality
11. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
(a) She hit him and screamed at him
(b) She filed for divorce and sued him
(c) She told him that she hated him and never wanted to see him again
(d) She loved him still, despite everything
12. What did Molly do as a hobby?
(a) She baked
(b) She painted
(c) She knitted
(d) She sewed
13. What does the tea Will is fed do, according to the nurse?
(a) It is a sleeping draught
(b) It is a flavorful beverage to delight his palate
(c) It is a pain killer
(d) Helps people to stop worrying
14. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
(b) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
(c) Brings him tea and scones
(d) Talks about her trip to France
15. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
(a) She knows the owner, Joe Aldehyde
(b) They are offering the best price
(c) They have offered to industrialize Pala free of charge
(d) They will give all the money to charity
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bahu want to be paid to set up the deal for Lord Aldehyde?
2. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
3. What brought this view of humanity on?
4. How does Will arrive on the island?
5. What is Dhyana?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)