|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
(a) Militarization and industrialization
(b) To find a way to persuade people to his will
(c) To turn Pala into a tourist trap
(d) To establish a dictatorship and become rich
2. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
(a) "The Lancet"
(b) "The Speculum"
(c) "The Scalpel"
(d) "The Stethoscope"
3. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
(a) His political position
(b) His suave demeanor
(c) His white satin pajamas
(d) His boyish charm
4. What is Maithuna?
(a) Their seat of government
(b) The yoga of love
(c) A marriage rite
(d) A rite of passage into adulthood
5. What does Mr. Bahu want to be paid to set up the deal for Lord Aldehyde?
(a) Five times what Aldehyde is paying Will
(b) Half of what Aldehyde is paying Will
(c) Half of what Aldehyde will be paying the Raja
(d) Ten times what Aldehyde is paying Will
6. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
(a) She would have been 'unhappily ever after'
(b) She would have had different parents
(c) She would have done better
(d) She would have been a problem child
7. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Talks about her trip to France
(b) Brings him tea and scones
(c) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
(d) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
8. How many waves of invasion passed Pala by?
9. How does Will arrive on the island?
(a) He was marooned by shipwreck
(b) He went there for a vacation
(c) He is there studying the fauna
(d) He crash landed there and was pulled from the plane wreckage
10. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
(a) He befriended Will
(b) He was fond of Will
(c) He was fond of Molly
(d) He was pleased with his work
11. Who is Will's boss?
(a) John Aldehyde
(b) Jaxson Anderson
(c) Joe Aldehyde
(d) John Alderhoff
12. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no trade
(b) Pala has no military
(c) Pala has no harbor
(d) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
13. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Mr. Stoffers
(b) Colonel Dirksa
(c) Mr. Wellington
(d) Colonel Dipa
14. Who was the person Appu had always loved and who loved her?
(b) Dr. MacPhail
15. What is Dhyana?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susila compare children to?
2. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
3. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
4. How many reasons does Ranga have to dislike Mr. Badu?
5. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)