|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
(a) A Crane
(d) A Frog
2. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
(a) "Notes on What's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do About What's What"
(b) "King Lear"
(c) Notes on Who's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do to Them"
(d) "Brave New World"
3. Where had Dr. Robert gone?
4. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
(a) "The Lancet"
(b) "The Stethoscope"
(c) "The Speculum"
(d) "The Scalpel"
5. Who was the person Appu had always loved and who loved her?
(d) Dr. MacPhail
6. What was the habit the old Raja couldn't break?
(b) Anointing a phallic symbol with melted butter
(c) Picking his nose
(d) Praying to Krishna
7. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
8. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
(b) Dr. Robert
(c) The Rani
(d) Nurse Radha
9. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
(a) Blow it up
(b) Exploit its people
(c) Get to know the culture
(d) Absorb it into his Greater Rendang
10. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
(b) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(c) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
(d) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
11. How long does Dr. Robert say that Will can stay on Pala?
(a) One month
(b) Two weeks
(c) Four months
(d) Six months
12. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
(b) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
(c) He wants to be Susila's husband
(d) He likes the tropical environment
13. Who is Will's boss?
(a) Jaxson Anderson
(b) Joe Aldehyde
(c) John Alderhoff
(d) John Aldehyde
14. What does Mr. Bahu keep trying to convince Will about?
(a) The importance of investing young
(b) How evil the island truly is
(c) The legitimacy of his heritage
(d) The futility of Pala's continued way of life
15. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) A young boy
(b) A middle aged goat
(c) A councillor
(d) An older woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
2. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
3. Who was the Rani's master?
4. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
5. What is SD?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)