|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
(a) Will has accepted Molly's death, but Susila hasn't accepted her husbands' death
(b) Susila still talks to her spouse, Will has come to terms with her death
(c) Susila is healing, Will is wallowing in grief
(d) Will wallows in denial, Susila does not
2. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
(a) Drink his fruit juice
(b) Pack his bags and prepare to leave
(c) Call for the nurse to empty his catheter
(d) Eat some fruit
3. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(b) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(c) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(d) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
4. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
(a) The knowledge they would be healthier as a result
(b) Painless surgery
(c) Medicine to increase lifespan
(d) Painless childbirth
5. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
(a) Her pseudo religion "Cult of the Soul"
(b) A filleting of those who affront the will of God
(c) Her pseudo religion "Crusade of the Spirit"
(d) Homosexual tendencies
6. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
7. What did Molly do as a hobby?
(a) She sewed
(b) She baked
(c) She painted
(d) She knitted
8. How often does mail leave the island?
(a) Every second day
(b) Twice a week
(c) Once every two weeks
(d) Once a week
9. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
(a) By facing his fear and repeating the action that made him feel it
(b) By recounting his story until he no longer fears it
(c) By acting it out for a tribe of people
(d) By pushing it to the back of his mind and not thinking about it
10. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
(b) He likes the tropical environment
(c) He wants to be Susila's husband
(d) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
11. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
(a) She hit him and screamed at him
(b) She filed for divorce and sued him
(c) She told him that she hated him and never wanted to see him again
(d) She loved him still, despite everything
12. What folly were the Raja and Andrew contemplating for the people of Pala?
(a) The folly of Nietsche
(b) The folly of Kant
(c) The folly of Demosthenes
(d) The folly of Blake
13. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
(b) Nurse Radha
(c) The Rani
(d) Dr. Robert
14. What is the major trouble for Pala?
(a) Murugans' inauguration
(b) The rising tides
(c) The Rani's spirituality
(d) Colonel Dipa
15. How many reasons does Ranga have to dislike Mr. Badu?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
2. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
3. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
4. What does the Rani believe about herself?
5. What does the boy gesture to Will?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)