|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karuna mean to the Palanese?
2. Who is Will's boss?
(a) Jaxson Anderson
(b) John Alderhoff
(c) Joe Aldehyde
(d) John Aldehyde
3. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
(a) Called for Molly
(b) Resumed reading
(c) Went to the bathroom
(d) Started up a conversation with the people who were there
4. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
(b) A coconut
(c) A banana
(d) A pineapple
5. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
(a) Hey you! Wake up!
(d) Good Morning
6. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) He immediately begins work on a spear
(b) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
(c) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
(d) Recounts his late wife's death
7. What did Molly do as a hobby?
(a) She sewed
(b) She baked
(c) She painted
(d) She knitted
8. What does the Rani believe about herself?
(a) She believes she is a natural psychic and can hear God
(b) She believes the voices in her head are Gods words
(c) She believes that Murugan is an ill tempered little boy
(d) She believes she is destined to rule the world
9. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
(a) Blow it up
(b) Get to know the culture
(c) Exploit its people
(d) Absorb it into his Greater Rendang
10. How often does mail leave the island?
(a) Every second day
(b) Twice a week
(c) Once a week
(d) Once every two weeks
11. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
(a) By pushing it to the back of his mind and not thinking about it
(b) By facing his fear and repeating the action that made him feel it
(c) By recounting his story until he no longer fears it
(d) By acting it out for a tribe of people
12. What folly were the Raja and Andrew contemplating for the people of Pala?
(a) The folly of Kant
(b) The folly of Nietsche
(c) The folly of Blake
(d) The folly of Demosthenes
13. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
(a) "King Lear"
(b) "Brave New World"
(c) "Notes on What's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do About What's What"
(d) Notes on Who's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do to Them"
14. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) As walking money bags
(b) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(c) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
(d) As sources of early retirement
15. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The Rani
(b) Nurse Radha
(d) Dr. Robert
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passes did it take Andrew MacPhail to put the Raja to sleep?
2. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
3. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
4. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
5. Where did Will meet Babs?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)