|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
(a) All religions are equal and the same
(b) That to be eloquent about religion is to sully it
(c) That all people are inherently evil and must be watched over by a tyrant god
(d) That the principals of every religion ought to be followed
2. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
(a) The civilization is tribal in nature
(b) Children are not coddled for their injuries
(c) Children are treated as adults
(d) Children are given strict penalties for stepping out of line
3. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
(a) Medicine to increase lifespan
(b) Painless childbirth
(c) Painless surgery
(d) The knowledge they would be healthier as a result
4. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Mr. Stoffers
(b) Colonel Dirksa
(c) Mr. Wellington
(d) Colonel Dipa
5. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
6. How many reasons does Ranga have to dislike Mr. Badu?
7. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Dipa associates with children
(b) That they are lovers
(c) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
(d) That Murugan is selling out his people
8. Does Murugan follow these practices?
(c) I don't know
(d) Only in appearances
9. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
(a) A normal human being
(b) A criminal
(c) A person addict, or lovers
(d) A person of fair psychosis
10. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
(a) A pineapple
(b) A banana
(c) A coconut
11. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Talks about her trip to France
(b) Brings him tea and scones
(c) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
(d) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
12. What does the little book state about faith?
(a) Faith is only to be understood by the servants of God
(b) It states that Faith is the oppression of the masses, and that faith in oneself is the key to salvation
(c) It states that faith resides in the justified capacity to know who exactly we are
(d) Faith is to be interpreted and wholeheartedly followed by the Rani
13. What is the major trouble for Pala?
(a) The rising tides
(b) Murugans' inauguration
(c) The Rani's spirituality
(d) Colonel Dipa
14. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no military
(b) Pala has no trade
(c) Pala has no harbor
(d) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
15. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) A young boy
(b) An older woman
(c) A middle aged goat
(d) A councillor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dhyana?
2. What does she compare her mother to?
3. How many waves of invasion passed Pala by?
4. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
5. Who is Will's boss?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)