|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(b) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
(c) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(d) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
2. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
(a) Susila is healing, Will is wallowing in grief
(b) Will wallows in denial, Susila does not
(c) Will has accepted Molly's death, but Susila hasn't accepted her husbands' death
(d) Susila still talks to her spouse, Will has come to terms with her death
3. What brought this view of humanity on?
(a) Himself as the product of his parents
(b) He witnessed a murder
(c) His nightmares
(d) A Discovery channel show
4. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
(a) Sanitation and Healthcare
(b) Healthcare and education
(c) Education and contraceptives
(d) Healthcare and contraceptives
5. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
(a) They have offered to industrialize Pala free of charge
(b) They are offering the best price
(c) They will give all the money to charity
(d) She knows the owner, Joe Aldehyde
6. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
(a) His political position
(b) His suave demeanor
(c) His boyish charm
(d) His white satin pajamas
7. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
(a) He was pleased with his work
(b) He was fond of Molly
(c) He befriended Will
(d) He was fond of Will
8. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) A councillor
(b) A young boy
(c) An older woman
(d) A middle aged goat
9. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
(a) Blow it up
(b) Exploit its people
(c) Get to know the culture
(d) Absorb it into his Greater Rendang
10. What was the first thing the poem reminded him of?
(a) His dead wife
(b) A winter holiday in Thailand
(c) A summer holiday in Switzerland
(d) His mismanaged life
11. What is Maithuna?
(a) A marriage rite
(b) A rite of passage into adulthood
(c) The yoga of love
(d) Their seat of government
12. Who was the Rani's master?
(a) Koor Huumi
(b) Koot Hoomit
(c) Koot Hoomi
(d) Koos Hutti
13. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
(a) Went to the bathroom
(b) Called for Molly
(c) Resumed reading
(d) Started up a conversation with the people who were there
14. How often does mail leave the island?
(a) Every second day
(b) Once every two weeks
(c) Once a week
(d) Twice a week
15. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Nurse Radha
(c) The Rani
(d) Dr. Robert
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Will see Molly?
2. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
3. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
4. What did Molly do as a hobby?
5. Who finds Will?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)