|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
(a) "The Stethoscope"
(b) "The Scalpel"
(c) "The Speculum"
(d) "The Lancet"
2. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
3. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) An older woman
(b) A young boy
(c) A councillor
(d) A middle aged goat
4. Who wrote the poem that Will found in the book?
(a) Radha Appu
(b) Dr. MacPhail
(c) Susila MacPhail
(d) Dugald MacPhail
5. Who finds Will?
(a) Mary and Terrance
(b) Marcie and Theodore
(c) Maurice and Theresa
(d) Mary and Tom
6. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
(a) By recounting his story until he no longer fears it
(b) By pushing it to the back of his mind and not thinking about it
(c) By facing his fear and repeating the action that made him feel it
(d) By acting it out for a tribe of people
7. Who was the Rani's master?
(a) Koot Hoomi
(b) Koor Huumi
(c) Koos Hutti
(d) Koot Hoomit
8. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
(a) A subservient nation
(b) A sub continent
(d) A military power
9. What brought this view of humanity on?
(a) Himself as the product of his parents
(b) His nightmares
(c) A Discovery channel show
(d) He witnessed a murder
10. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) As sources of early retirement
(b) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(c) As walking money bags
(d) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
11. Does Murugan follow these practices?
(a) I don't know
(c) Only in appearances
12. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
(a) A person of fair psychosis
(b) A criminal
(c) A person addict, or lovers
(d) A normal human being
13. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
(a) Call for the nurse to empty his catheter
(b) Pack his bags and prepare to leave
(c) Eat some fruit
(d) Drink his fruit juice
14. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
15. Who is Will's boss?
(a) Joe Aldehyde
(b) John Alderhoff
(c) John Aldehyde
(d) Jaxson Anderson
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
2. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
3. What folly were the Raja and Andrew contemplating for the people of Pala?
4. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
5. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)