|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brought this view of humanity on?
(a) He witnessed a murder
(b) Himself as the product of his parents
(c) His nightmares
(d) A Discovery channel show
2. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
(a) Painless childbirth
(b) The knowledge they would be healthier as a result
(c) Medicine to increase lifespan
(d) Painless surgery
3. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
4. How does Will arrive on the island?
(a) He went there for a vacation
(b) He was marooned by shipwreck
(c) He crash landed there and was pulled from the plane wreckage
(d) He is there studying the fauna
5. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) As sources of early retirement
(b) As walking money bags
(c) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(d) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
6. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
(c) War games
7. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
(a) He befriended Will
(b) He was fond of Will
(c) He was pleased with his work
(d) He was fond of Molly
8. What did Molly do as a hobby?
(a) She sewed
(b) She painted
(c) She knitted
(d) She baked
9. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
(a) His suave demeanor
(b) His boyish charm
(c) His white satin pajamas
(d) His political position
10. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
(b) He immediately begins work on a spear
(c) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
(d) Recounts his late wife's death
11. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
(a) That she is a pompous prude
(b) That he hates her but wants to ride on her coattails for the money
(c) That the nurse should pay better attention to her patient than his visitors
(d) That she makes a monumental impression
12. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
(a) She would have done better
(b) She would have been a problem child
(c) She would have had different parents
(d) She would have been 'unhappily ever after'
13. Where had Dr. Robert gone?
14. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
(a) A person of fair psychosis
(b) A person addict, or lovers
(c) A normal human being
(d) A criminal
15. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
(a) Susila is healing, Will is wallowing in grief
(b) Susila still talks to her spouse, Will has come to terms with her death
(c) Will has accepted Molly's death, but Susila hasn't accepted her husbands' death
(d) Will wallows in denial, Susila does not
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Will view people suddenly?
2. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
3. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
4. What does Part 2 state about people?
5. Why is Pala unpopular?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)