|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
(a) Healthcare and contraceptives
(b) Education and contraceptives
(c) Sanitation and Healthcare
(d) Healthcare and education
2. What does she compare her mother to?
(a) An underpaid care giver
(b) A permanent invasion to one's privacy
(c) An over exuberant two year old
(d) An overpaid model
3. What brought this view of humanity on?
(a) His nightmares
(b) Himself as the product of his parents
(c) A Discovery channel show
(d) He witnessed a murder
4. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
(a) "King Lear"
(b) Notes on Who's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do to Them"
(c) "Notes on What's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do About What's What"
(d) "Brave New World"
5. What does Susila compare children to?
(a) Manichean dualists
(c) Mynah birds
(d) Young squirrels
6. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(b) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
(c) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(d) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
7. How often does mail leave the island?
(a) Twice a week
(b) Once a week
(c) Every second day
(d) Once every two weeks
8. Why does Radha dislike the Ambassador?
(a) He told her she was insane for believing in the teachings of Palanese people
(b) He told her she was horrible at her job
(c) He offered her money to sleep with him, she declined, he offered more money
(d) He touched her when she did not want to be touched
9. What does Will compare his late father to?
(a) A water buffalo
(b) A gentian
(c) A spring sunrise
(d) An enormous turd
10. What is SD?
(a) Soothing Dialogue
(c) Sexual Discrimination
(d) Sensual Dance
11. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
(a) A criminal
(b) A normal human being
(c) A person of fair psychosis
(d) A person addict, or lovers
12. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
(a) He was pleased with his work
(b) He befriended Will
(c) He was fond of Molly
(d) He was fond of Will
13. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
(a) A sub continent
(c) A military power
(d) A subservient nation
14. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) A councillor
(b) A middle aged goat
(c) An older woman
(d) A young boy
15. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The Rani
(b) Dr. Robert
(d) Nurse Radha
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Rani's master?
2. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
3. Who was Andrew MacPhail's second patient after the Raja?
4. How does Will arrive on the island?
5. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)