|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) Recounts his late wife's death
(b) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
(c) He immediately begins work on a spear
(d) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
2. Who was Andrew MacPhail's second patient after the Raja?
(a) An advisory council member
(b) Their son
(c) The Rani
(d) Their daughter
3. How does Will view his sexual relationship to Babs?
(a) As an addiction
(b) As a much hated chore
(c) As a cure-all
(d) As the reason for living
4. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
(a) By recounting his story until he no longer fears it
(b) By facing his fear and repeating the action that made him feel it
(c) By pushing it to the back of his mind and not thinking about it
(d) By acting it out for a tribe of people
5. What does the boy gesture to Will?
(a) To act as though they've never met
(b) To get up and get out
(c) To fornicate himself
(d) To come with him
6. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
(b) War games
7. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no military
(b) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
(c) Pala has no harbor
(d) Pala has no trade
8. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Talks about her trip to France
(b) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
(c) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
(d) Brings him tea and scones
9. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
(a) Her pseudo religion "Cult of the Soul"
(b) Her pseudo religion "Crusade of the Spirit"
(c) A filleting of those who affront the will of God
(d) Homosexual tendencies
10. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
(a) They will give all the money to charity
(b) They are offering the best price
(c) They have offered to industrialize Pala free of charge
(d) She knows the owner, Joe Aldehyde
11. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
(b) Good Morning
(d) Hey you! Wake up!
12. Who is Will's boss?
(a) John Alderhoff
(b) John Aldehyde
(c) Joe Aldehyde
(d) Jaxson Anderson
13. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(b) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
(c) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(d) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
14. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
(a) Medicine to increase lifespan
(b) Painless childbirth
(c) Painless surgery
(d) The knowledge they would be healthier as a result
15. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
(a) The pyramids in white cloth
(b) Their kitten chasing yarn
(c) A pedantic teacher on too much caffeine
(d) A bear on a unicycle
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Will view people suddenly?
2. Who does Will have an affair with?
3. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
4. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
5. Does Murugan follow these practices?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)