|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
(a) Militarization and industrialization
(b) To turn Pala into a tourist trap
(c) To find a way to persuade people to his will
(d) To establish a dictatorship and become rich
2. How many waves of invasion passed Pala by?
3. What does Mr. Bahu want to be paid to set up the deal for Lord Aldehyde?
(a) Five times what Aldehyde is paying Will
(b) Half of what Aldehyde is paying Will
(c) Half of what Aldehyde will be paying the Raja
(d) Ten times what Aldehyde is paying Will
4. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
5. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Colonel Dipa
(b) Mr. Wellington
(c) Colonel Dirksa
(d) Mr. Stoffers
6. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) A councillor
(b) An older woman
(c) A middle aged goat
(d) A young boy
7. What does Appu's lover think of her mental state?
(a) She is abnormally sane
(b) She's a closet psychotic
(c) She is slightly crazy
(d) She is completely neurotic
8. Who is Will's boss?
(a) Joe Aldehyde
(b) John Alderhoff
(c) Jaxson Anderson
(d) John Aldehyde
9. How many children were in James and Janet's family?
10. What brought this view of humanity on?
(a) A Discovery channel show
(b) Himself as the product of his parents
(c) His nightmares
(d) He witnessed a murder
11. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
(a) Get to know the culture
(b) Absorb it into his Greater Rendang
(c) Blow it up
(d) Exploit its people
12. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
(a) War games
13. What does the tea Will is fed do, according to the nurse?
(a) It is a flavorful beverage to delight his palate
(b) It is a pain killer
(c) It is a sleeping draught
(d) Helps people to stop worrying
14. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
(a) Started up a conversation with the people who were there
(b) Went to the bathroom
(c) Resumed reading
(d) Called for Molly
15. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
(b) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
(c) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
(d) To find himself
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Rani's master?
2. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
3. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
4. How does the Rani view women?
5. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)