|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What languages does the answer to #26 speak?
(a) French, English, and Palanese
(b) Chinese, English and Palanese
(c) Russian, English and Palanese
(d) Spanish, English and Palanese
2. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
(a) She would have been 'unhappily ever after'
(b) She would have been a problem child
(c) She would have done better
(d) She would have had different parents
3. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) A young boy
(b) A councillor
(c) A middle aged goat
(d) An older woman
4. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
(a) They left to better Murugan's health
(b) So she could keep tight control over him
(c) So she could indoctrinate him better
(d) So she could remove the negative influences around him
5. Why does Radha dislike the Ambassador?
(a) He offered her money to sleep with him, she declined, he offered more money
(b) He told her she was insane for believing in the teachings of Palanese people
(c) He told her she was horrible at her job
(d) He touched her when she did not want to be touched
6. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
(a) She loved him still, despite everything
(b) She filed for divorce and sued him
(c) She hit him and screamed at him
(d) She told him that she hated him and never wanted to see him again
7. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
(b) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(c) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(d) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
8. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
(a) Homosexual tendencies
(b) Her pseudo religion "Cult of the Soul"
(c) Her pseudo religion "Crusade of the Spirit"
(d) A filleting of those who affront the will of God
9. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
(a) Exploit its people
(b) Absorb it into his Greater Rendang
(c) Get to know the culture
(d) Blow it up
10. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
11. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
(b) That they are lovers
(c) That Murugan is selling out his people
(d) That Dipa associates with children
12. How many reasons does Ranga have to dislike Mr. Badu?
13. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Mr. Stoffers
(b) Mr. Wellington
(c) Colonel Dipa
(d) Colonel Dirksa
14. What was the habit the old Raja couldn't break?
(a) Anointing a phallic symbol with melted butter
(b) Picking his nose
(d) Praying to Krishna
15. What does Susila compare children to?
(a) Young squirrels
(b) Mynah birds
(c) Manichean dualists
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bahu say the plague of the twentieth century is?
2. How many months did it take Babs to tire of Will?
3. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
4. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
5. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)