|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bahu keep trying to convince Will about?
(a) The legitimacy of his heritage
(b) The futility of Pala's continued way of life
(c) The importance of investing young
(d) How evil the island truly is
2. What does the little book state about faith?
(a) It states that Faith is the oppression of the masses, and that faith in oneself is the key to salvation
(b) Faith is to be interpreted and wholeheartedly followed by the Rani
(c) It states that faith resides in the justified capacity to know who exactly we are
(d) Faith is only to be understood by the servants of God
3. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
(a) He likes the people and is interested in self exploration
(b) He is still interested in completing his job for Aldehyde
(c) He likes the tropical environment
(d) He wants to be Susila's husband
4. Why does Radha dislike the Ambassador?
(a) He touched her when she did not want to be touched
(b) He offered her money to sleep with him, she declined, he offered more money
(c) He told her she was insane for believing in the teachings of Palanese people
(d) He told her she was horrible at her job
5. What is SD?
(b) Soothing Dialogue
(c) Sensual Dance
(d) Sexual Discrimination
6. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
(b) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(c) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
(d) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
7. What was the habit the old Raja couldn't break?
(b) Anointing a phallic symbol with melted butter
(c) Praying to Krishna
(d) Picking his nose
8. Who else of royal descent pays Will Farnaby a visit?
(a) The Rani of Pala, and Murugan's mother
(b) Prince William
(c) Queen Elizabeth
(d) The Resi of Pala, and Murugan's mother
9. What was the first thing Will did when he awoke from his nap?
(a) Resumed reading
(b) Started up a conversation with the people who were there
(c) Went to the bathroom
(d) Called for Molly
10. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
(a) So she could indoctrinate him better
(b) So she could keep tight control over him
(c) So she could remove the negative influences around him
(d) They left to better Murugan's health
11. What was the first thing the poem reminded him of?
(a) His dead wife
(b) A winter holiday in Thailand
(c) A summer holiday in Switzerland
(d) His mismanaged life
12. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
(a) "The Stethoscope"
(b) "The Scalpel"
(c) "The Speculum"
(d) "The Lancet"
13. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
(a) Susila still talks to her spouse, Will has come to terms with her death
(b) Will wallows in denial, Susila does not
(c) Will has accepted Molly's death, but Susila hasn't accepted her husbands' death
(d) Susila is healing, Will is wallowing in grief
14. Why is Pala unpopular?
(a) It practices freedom of self
(b) It has no military
(c) It is neither communist or capitalist
(d) Its perceived to be promiscuous
15. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Colonel Dipa
(b) Colonel Dirksa
(c) Mr. Wellington
(d) Mr. Stoffers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susila do for Will?
2. Why was Will headed to Pala?
3. How does Will arrive on the island?
4. How does Susila believe she would have fared had she not been Palanese?
5. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)