|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
(a) To establish a dictatorship and become rich
(b) Militarization and industrialization
(c) To find a way to persuade people to his will
(d) To turn Pala into a tourist trap
2. What does Mr. Bahu keep trying to convince Will about?
(a) How evil the island truly is
(b) The legitimacy of his heritage
(c) The futility of Pala's continued way of life
(d) The importance of investing young
3. How often does mail leave the island?
(a) Every second day
(b) Twice a week
(c) Once a week
(d) Once every two weeks
4. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
(a) That she is a pompous prude
(b) That the nurse should pay better attention to her patient than his visitors
(c) That he hates her but wants to ride on her coattails for the money
(d) That she makes a monumental impression
5. What is Maithuna?
(a) The yoga of love
(b) A rite of passage into adulthood
(c) Their seat of government
(d) A marriage rite
6. Who is Will's boss?
(a) John Aldehyde
(b) Jaxson Anderson
(c) Joe Aldehyde
(d) John Alderhoff
7. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
(a) A normal human being
(b) A person addict, or lovers
(c) A person of fair psychosis
(d) A criminal
8. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Murugan is selling out his people
(b) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
(c) That Dipa associates with children
(d) That they are lovers
9. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
10. What is the major trouble for Pala?
(a) Colonel Dipa
(b) The rising tides
(c) The Rani's spirituality
(d) Murugans' inauguration
11. Who finds Will?
(a) Mary and Tom
(b) Mary and Terrance
(c) Maurice and Theresa
(d) Marcie and Theodore
12. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Nurse Radha
(b) Dr. Robert
(c) The Rani
13. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
(c) Hey you! Wake up!
(d) Good Morning
14. Does Murugan follow these practices?
(a) Only in appearances
(c) I don't know
15. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
2. Who does Will have an affair with?
3. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
4. What does she compare her mother to?
5. Why does Will want to stay on Pala?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)