|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) As sources of early retirement
(b) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(c) As walking money bags
(d) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
2. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
(a) A Frog
(d) A Crane
3. What main idea shifted the population into accepting the second reform?
(a) Medicine to increase lifespan
(b) Painless childbirth
(c) The knowledge they would be healthier as a result
(d) Painless surgery
4. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) Recounts his late wife's death
(b) He immediately begins work on a spear
(c) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
(d) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
5. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
(a) Drink his fruit juice
(b) Call for the nurse to empty his catheter
(c) Pack his bags and prepare to leave
(d) Eat some fruit
6. What does the little book state about faith?
(a) It states that Faith is the oppression of the masses, and that faith in oneself is the key to salvation
(b) It states that faith resides in the justified capacity to know who exactly we are
(c) Faith is only to be understood by the servants of God
(d) Faith is to be interpreted and wholeheartedly followed by the Rani
7. What folly were the Raja and Andrew contemplating for the people of Pala?
(a) The folly of Kant
(b) The folly of Blake
(c) The folly of Demosthenes
(d) The folly of Nietsche
8. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) A councillor
(b) An older woman
(c) A young boy
(d) A middle aged goat
9. How does Will arrive on the island?
(a) He was marooned by shipwreck
(b) He crash landed there and was pulled from the plane wreckage
(c) He went there for a vacation
(d) He is there studying the fauna
10. Who else of royal descent pays Will Farnaby a visit?
(a) Queen Elizabeth
(b) The Rani of Pala, and Murugan's mother
(c) Prince William
(d) The Resi of Pala, and Murugan's mother
11. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Colonel Dipa
(b) Mr. Stoffers
(c) Mr. Wellington
(d) Colonel Dirksa
12. Who stops in on Will in the beginning of the chapter?
(b) Nurse Radha
(c) Dr. Robert
(d) The Rani
13. Why didn't Rachel satisfy Will?
(a) She would refuse him sexually
(b) She insisted he divorce Molly
(c) She was always consumed with her artistry
(d) She was too openly loving to will in the presence of Molly
14. What was it that made Appu fall head over heels for Murugan?
(a) His political position
(b) His white satin pajamas
(c) His boyish charm
(d) His suave demeanor
15. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
2. What does Part 2 state about people?
3. What does she compare her mother to?
4. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
5. Who wrote the poem that Will found in the book?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)