|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
(b) As sources of early retirement
(c) As walking money bags
(d) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
2. What does Mr. Bahu say the plague of the twentieth century is?
(b) The Gray Life
3. Where does Will want to go in the morning?
(a) The Experimental Station
(b) Home to America
(c) To Britain
(d) The High Altitude Station
4. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
(a) By pushing it to the back of his mind and not thinking about it
(b) By facing his fear and repeating the action that made him feel it
(c) By acting it out for a tribe of people
(d) By recounting his story until he no longer fears it
5. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
(b) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
(c) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
(d) To find himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the habit the old Raja couldn't break?
2. What does their mushroom medicine take the biggest toll on?
3. Why didn't the Palanese ever export his work?
4. What was the name of the painter Will took an interest in?
5. What does Susila compare children to?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)