|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book Murugan is reading in Chapter 10?
(a) Science Fiction
(b) Geology Now
(c) Home and Garden
(d) Winning People's Hearts and Minds: One at a Time
2. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
(a) To find a way to persuade people to his will
(b) To turn Pala into a tourist trap
(c) To establish a dictatorship and become rich
(d) Militarization and industrialization
3. What stone figure is sitting by the lotus pool?
(a) A Crane
(c) A Frog
4. What does the Rani believe about herself?
(a) She believes that Murugan is an ill tempered little boy
(b) She believes the voices in her head are Gods words
(c) She believes she is destined to rule the world
(d) She believes she is a natural psychic and can hear God
5. Why didn't Rachel satisfy Will?
(a) She insisted he divorce Molly
(b) She was always consumed with her artistry
(c) She was too openly loving to will in the presence of Molly
(d) She would refuse him sexually
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will arrive on the island?
2. What was the paper in which Andrew MacPhail read about animal magnetism?
3. Pala was what when Andrew and the Raja were reinventing it?
4. Who does Will ask about when he sees Dr. Robert in the morning?
5. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)