|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
(a) They left to better Murugan's health
(b) So she could keep tight control over him
(c) So she could indoctrinate him better
(d) So she could remove the negative influences around him
2. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Colonel Dipa
(b) Colonel Dirksa
(c) Mr. Wellington
(d) Mr. Stoffers
3. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
(a) He was fond of Will
(b) He was pleased with his work
(c) He befriended Will
(d) He was fond of Molly
4. Why didn't Rachel satisfy Will?
(a) She was always consumed with her artistry
(b) She would refuse him sexually
(c) She was too openly loving to will in the presence of Molly
(d) She insisted he divorce Molly
5. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
(a) That to be eloquent about religion is to sully it
(b) That all people are inherently evil and must be watched over by a tyrant god
(c) All religions are equal and the same
(d) That the principals of every religion ought to be followed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Appu's lover think of her mental state?
2. What does she compare her mother to?
3. What does the Rani believe about herself?
4. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
5. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)