|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
(a) Pack his bags and prepare to leave
(b) Drink his fruit juice
(c) Eat some fruit
(d) Call for the nurse to empty his catheter
2. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(b) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(c) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(d) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
3. Who was the Rani's master?
(a) Koor Huumi
(b) Koot Hoomit
(c) Koos Hutti
(d) Koot Hoomi
4. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
(a) Children are given strict penalties for stepping out of line
(b) Children are not coddled for their injuries
(c) Children are treated as adults
(d) The civilization is tribal in nature
5. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
(a) That all people are inherently evil and must be watched over by a tyrant god
(b) That the principals of every religion ought to be followed
(c) That to be eloquent about religion is to sully it
(d) All religions are equal and the same
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Murugan follow these practices?
2. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
3. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
4. What does Susila do for Will?
5. What is Maithuna?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)