|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little book state about faith?
(a) Faith is to be interpreted and wholeheartedly followed by the Rani
(b) Faith is only to be understood by the servants of God
(c) It states that Faith is the oppression of the masses, and that faith in oneself is the key to salvation
(d) It states that faith resides in the justified capacity to know who exactly we are
2. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
(b) War games
3. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
(a) They will give all the money to charity
(b) They have offered to industrialize Pala free of charge
(c) She knows the owner, Joe Aldehyde
(d) They are offering the best price
4. How does Will arrive on the island?
(a) He is there studying the fauna
(b) He crash landed there and was pulled from the plane wreckage
(c) He went there for a vacation
(d) He was marooned by shipwreck
5. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
(b) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(c) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(d) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
2. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
3. What does the boy gesture to Will?
4. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
5. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)