|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Murugan follow these practices?
(a) Only in appearances
(c) I don't know
2. What is the first food Will eats on Pala?
(b) A coconut
(c) A pineapple
(d) A banana
3. How does Will arrive on the island?
(a) He is there studying the fauna
(b) He crash landed there and was pulled from the plane wreckage
(c) He went there for a vacation
(d) He was marooned by shipwreck
4. Who does Will have an affair with?
5. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(b) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
(c) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(d) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
2. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
3. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
4. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
5. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)