|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To find himself
(b) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
(c) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
(d) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
2. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
(b) Hey you! Wake up!
(d) Good Morning
3. How does the Rani view women?
(a) All women are to be servants of the men
(b) Beings to be used for pleasure
(c) All women are deceitful temptresses
(d) Essentially holy
4. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
(a) Will has accepted Molly's death, but Susila hasn't accepted her husbands' death
(b) Susila is healing, Will is wallowing in grief
(c) Susila still talks to her spouse, Will has come to terms with her death
(d) Will wallows in denial, Susila does not
5. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) An older woman
(b) A councillor
(c) A middle aged goat
(d) A young boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karuna mean to the Palanese?
2. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
3. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
4. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
5. What does the boy gesture to Will?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)