|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
(a) That all people are inherently evil and must be watched over by a tyrant god
(b) All religions are equal and the same
(c) That the principals of every religion ought to be followed
(d) That to be eloquent about religion is to sully it
2. Does Murugan follow these practices?
(a) Only in appearances
(d) I don't know
3. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
(b) Talks about her trip to France
(c) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
(d) Brings him tea and scones
4. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
(b) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(c) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
(d) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
5. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
(a) That Dipa associates with children
(b) That Dipa and Murugan are planning an assault on a neighboring island
(c) That Murugan is selling out his people
(d) That they are lovers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Will's boss?
2. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
3. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
4. What does the little book state about faith?
5. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)