|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
(b) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
(c) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
(d) To find himself
2. Does Murugan follow these practices?
(b) I don't know
(d) Only in appearances
3. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(b) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
(c) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
(d) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
4. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
(a) She told him that she hated him and never wanted to see him again
(b) She loved him still, despite everything
(c) She filed for divorce and sued him
(d) She hit him and screamed at him
5. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
(b) Brings him tea and scones
(c) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
(d) Talks about her trip to France
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
2. What do the Palanese teach the young ones to engage in that Murugan resisted?
3. Who was the Rani's master?
4. How does the Rani view women?
5. Who does Will have an affair with?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)