|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Will?
(a) Maurice and Theresa
(b) Mary and Terrance
(c) Mary and Tom
(d) Marcie and Theodore
2. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To find himself
(b) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
(c) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
(d) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
3. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
(a) Mr. Wellington
(b) Colonel Dipa
(c) Mr. Stoffers
(d) Colonel Dirksa
4. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(b) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
(c) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
(d) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
5. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) Recounts his late wife's death
(b) He immediately begins work on a spear
(c) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
(d) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
2. How does the Rani view women?
3. What does the boy gesture to Will?
4. How does Will arrive on the island?
5. Who does Will have an affair with?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)