|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(b) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
(c) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(d) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
2. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
(a) She hit him and screamed at him
(b) She filed for divorce and sued him
(c) She loved him still, despite everything
(d) She told him that she hated him and never wanted to see him again
3. Who finds Will?
(a) Marcie and Theodore
(b) Mary and Terrance
(c) Mary and Tom
(d) Maurice and Theresa
4. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To find himself
(b) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
(c) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
(d) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
5. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(b) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(c) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
(d) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will arrive on the island?
2. Does Murugan follow these practices?
3. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
4. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
5. What does the little book state about faith?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)