|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(b) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(c) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(d) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
2. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
(b) Recounts his late wife's death
(c) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
(d) He immediately begins work on a spear
3. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
(b) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
(c) To find himself
(d) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
4. How does the Rani view women?
(a) Beings to be used for pleasure
(b) All women are deceitful temptresses
(c) All women are to be servants of the men
(d) Essentially holy
5. What does Mr. Bahu say about the Rani?
(a) That she makes a monumental impression
(b) That she is a pompous prude
(c) That he hates her but wants to ride on her coattails for the money
(d) That the nurse should pay better attention to her patient than his visitors
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
2. What is Dhyana?
3. What is the first word(s) Will hears when he wakes up?
4. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
5. What does she compare her mother to?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)