|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will want to go in the morning?
(a) The High Altitude Station
(b) The Experimental Station
(c) Home to America
(d) To Britain
2. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
(a) Children are given strict penalties for stepping out of line
(b) The civilization is tribal in nature
(c) Children are not coddled for their injuries
(d) Children are treated as adults
3. Who is one of Murugan's heroes?
(a) Fidel Castro
(b) Adolph Hitler
(c) George Bush
(d) Saddam Hussein
4. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(b) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(c) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(d) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
5. How does the Rani view women?
(a) Essentially holy
(b) All women are deceitful temptresses
(c) Beings to be used for pleasure
(d) All women are to be servants of the men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rani believe about herself?
2. How does the Rani address Will?
3. Who turns out to be the father of the baby Shanta is nursing?
4. What should Murugan have been studying?
5. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)