|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
(a) So she could indoctrinate him better
(b) So she could keep tight control over him
(c) So she could remove the negative influences around him
(d) They left to better Murugan's health
2. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(b) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(c) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
(d) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
3. What kind of staff does Will use?
4. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
(a) As though they have only a mouth and an anus
(b) As sources of early retirement
(c) As walking money bags
(d) People are either patients or potential patients, there are no healthy people
5. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no trade
(b) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
(c) Pala has no harbor
(d) Pala has no military
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she compare her mother to?
2. What is capable in a very deep trance?
3. Why didn't Rachel satisfy Will?
4. What did Susila do that helped her feel better?
5. Gobind Singh struck up a friendship with who Paris that influenced his work?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)