|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the former name of the establishment in #73?
2. Joe tells Frank that he doesn't know the difference between a good decision and __________________ anymore.
3. Who does Joe admit to Frank that he has called recently?
4. How many messages does Frank have when he stops to check?
5. What does Phyllis tell Frank that she has not yet told Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frank help Karl out of his problem at the restaurant?
2. Explain how Frank first meets Karl Bemish?
3. What impact does Frank think falling property values have on a town?
4. What does Frank do immediately after Ann remarries?
5. What is Frank's philosophy for buying rental properties?
6. How does Ann inadvertently reveal her remaining feelings for Frank?
7. What physical problems has Paul been experiencing during this troubled time?
8. Describe the setting for the book.
9. Why did the Markhams choose to relocate to Haddam?
10. Who are the Markhams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Frank's relationship with Sally at the beginning of the book? What is the state of their relationship at the end of the book? Do you think Sally really loves Frank? Do you think Frank loves Sally? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the main character, Frank Bascombe. What are his physical characteristics? What are his behavioral traits? What is revealed about his emotions?
Essay Topic 3
Frank seems like a really likable guy. Why do you think his relationships with women do not last? What do you think Frank really wants from relationships? From his life?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)