|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ann tells Frank that Paul flipped out and hit Charley with ____________________.
2. What lies adjacent to the house that the Markhams are viewing?
3. Who are the twins that work part time for the real estate company?
4. What job did Frank quit two years after his divorce?
5. What is the one thing Frank worked on consistently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of landlord does Frank try to be?
2. What is Frank's philosophy for buying rental properties?
3. How did Frank help Karl out of his problem at the restaurant?
4. Why are Joe and Phyllis conflicted on the Houlihan house?
5. Who are the Markhams?
6. What efforts have been made on Paul's behalf to help him get through this difficult period?
7. What is Frank's "Existence Period?"
8. Describe the setting for the book.
9. How does Frank's indecisiveness affect any reconciliation with his ex-wife?
10. What does Frank believe is the only way Joe and Phyllis will now be happy with their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting for the book. Why do you think the author used this setting? Could the story have taken place in any other location or time period? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Frank relate to Joe Markham? Do they share many of the problems and angst of most men their age? Or are they different in what they are going through? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Frank really knows what love is? Why would he ask the waitress out to dinner just minutes after telling Sally he loved her? What does love mean for Frank? Explain.
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)