|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank plan to take Paul?
2. Who is Clair Devane?
3. What news does Frank get that stuns him?
4. What topic does Frank intend to talk to Paul about?
5. What does the old woman ask Frank as he is leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What efforts have been made on Paul's behalf to help him get through this difficult period?
2. What physical problems has Paul been experiencing during this troubled time?
3. Why are Joe and Phyllis conflicted on the Houlihan house?
4. What is Frank's "Existence Period?"
5. Who is Sally Caldwell and how did Frank meet her?
6. What are the circumstances of Karl's ownership of the roadside restaurant?
7. What impact does Frank think falling property values have on a town?
8. What are Frank's thoughts about Sally as he drives toward Connecticut?
9. Explain the beginning of Frank's Existence Period.
10. How did Frank fill his time during his Existence Period?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frank realizes that he made big mistakes by letting his marriage dissolve and he now tries to do good in his life to make up for it. What good does Frank do for his family now? What good does he do for other people? Cite some examples.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Frank with Charley O'Dell. What good characteristics does each man have? What are their negative qualities? What does Ann love about each of them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Frank's Existence Period. What does he mean by this term? What does he do during this period? How long has it lasted? Is he comfortable with it?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)