|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car had Paul crashed the night before?
2. What does Irv pull from his wallet to show Frank?
(a) A photo
(b) An American Express Gold Card
(c) A pressed flower
(d) An autograph
3. What do Frank and Paul find when they take a walk?
(a) Pete Rose Field
(b) Hank Aaron Field
(c) Cal Ripken Field
(d) Doubleday Field
4. What disappoints Paul about the weekend?
(a) It is almost over
(b) He misses his girlfriend
(c) He lost his iPod
(d) There is no time to go fishing
5. What does Frank tell Sally when he calls her from the Basketball Hall of Fame?
(a) He wants to marry her
(b) He is crazy about her
(c) He doesn't want to see her anymore
(d) He is coming over tonight
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank find in the hotel library?
2. What transportation arrangements have Ann made to transport Paul?
3. Who is Irv Ornstein?
4. Who does Frank encounter on the drive leading to the O'Dells' home?
5. What does Frank tell Ann that displeases her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ann's intentions for Paul's care?
2. What is the scenario between Frank and Paul as Paul is being wheeled out to the helicopter?
3. Why does seeing a copy of his novel at the hotel make Frank feel sad?
4. What does Frank learn is the outcome of the possibility of the Markhams buying the Houlihan house?
5. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
6. What do Frank and Paul do after they reach their hotel for the night?
7. Describe the stilted conversation between Frank and Paul in the car.
8. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
9. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
10. How does Frank respond when Charley makes an attempt to be friends?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)