|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frank call in lieu of making business phone calls?
2. What are Frank's plans for the evening?
(a) Catch a local ballgame
(b) Read the newspaper
(c) Watch some TV
(d) Find Paul and find a restaurant
3. What does Irv pull from his wallet to show Frank?
(a) An autograph
(b) A pressed flower
(c) An American Express Gold Card
(d) A photo
4. What does Clarissa give Paul before he leaves with Frank?
(a) An iPod
(b) A yellow ribbon
(c) A flash drive
(d) A book
5. What does Frank think of Dr. Burris momentarily?
(a) He is out of place
(b) He is not capable
(c) He is too young
(d) He is Ann's boyfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank try to explain to Ann?
2. What does Paul suggest is the source of some of his problems?
3. What does a phone message from Phyllis Markham say?
4. What exhibit do Frank and Paul enjoy at the Basketball Hall of Fame?
5. Frank muses about ____________ and wonders if it would have given Ann and him a different path.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Char?
2. How does Frank escape the pain of Paul's accident--at least in his head?
3. Describe the stilted conversation between Frank and Paul in the car.
4. How does Ann respond when Frank tells her Paul wants to come live with him?
5. What are Ann's intentions for Paul's care?
6. How does Ann respond when Frank calls to tell her about Paul's accident?
7. How does Frank respond when Charley makes an attempt to be friends?
8. Why does seeing a copy of his novel at the hotel make Frank feel sad?
9. Explain Frank's frustrations with the Markhams.
10. What inappropriate phone call does Frank make from the hotel?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)