|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Frank's daughter?
2. What does Ann reply when Frank calls to tell her about Paul?
(a) She tells Frank to use his best judgment
(b) She tells Frank to move Paul to a bigger hospital
(c) She tells Frank he is an idiot for letting Paul get hurt
(d) She tells Frank not to approve surgery until she gets there
3. What kind of car had Paul crashed the night before?
4. What does a phone message from Phyllis Markham say?
(a) They have found a house
(b) They are going back to Vermont
(c) They have moved to the Ramada and asks him to call anytime
(d) They are moving to Florida
5. What does Paul suggest is the source of some of his problems?
(a) He has ADHD
(b) He may be dyslexic
(c) He is depressed
(d) He needs glasses
Short Answer Questions
1. What lies under the Bird Sanctuary sign at the O'Dells' property?
2. What do Frank and Paul find when they take a walk?
3. What does Frank find in the hotel library?
4. Who is Mr. Toby?
5. What does Frank tell Ann that displeases her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do Frank and Paul finally begin to connect at the hotel?
2. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
3. What does Frank learn is the outcome of the possibility of the Markhams buying the Houlihan house?
4. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
5. Explain Frank's frustrations with the Markhams.
6. What inappropriate phone call does Frank make from the hotel?
7. How is Paul injured at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
8. Why does seeing a copy of his novel at the hotel make Frank feel sad?
9. Who is Char?
10. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)