|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank try to explain to Ann?
(a) That Paul is just faking
(b) That Paul may have tried to injure himself
(c) That he still loves her
(d) That Dr. Burris is not the man for her
2. What are Frank's plans for the evening?
(a) Watch some TV
(b) Read the newspaper
(c) Catch a local ballgame
(d) Find Paul and find a restaurant
3. What does Paul ask Frank if he remembers from Paul's childhood?
(a) His teddy bear
(b) His goofy haircut
(c) His stuttering
(d) His invisible friends
4. Who is the surgeon standing by to do Paul's surgery?
(a) Dr. David
(b) Dr. Daly
(c) Dr. Densmore
(d) Dr. Rotollo
5. What does Frank leave with Mr. Tanks' moving van the next morning?
(a) A motel brochure
(b) A McDonald's coupon
(c) A business card
(d) A note with directions to Haddam
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Frank try to interest Paul in as they drive?
2. Why does Ann kiss Frank?
3. Who has Ann brought with her to the hospital?
4. Who is the young woman that Frank meets at the answer to #126?
5. What is the only thing that Frank and Charley have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ann's intentions for Paul's care?
2. Who is Char?
3. What does Frank learn is the outcome of the possibility of the Markhams buying the Houlihan house?
4. How does Frank escape the pain of Paul's accident--at least in his head?
5. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
6. How does Ann respond when Frank tells her Paul wants to come live with him?
7. What does Frank learn about Paul's condition at the hospital?
8. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
9. How does Frank respond when Charley makes an attempt to be friends?
10. What is the scenario between Frank and Paul as Paul is being wheeled out to the helicopter?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)