|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Frank try to interest Paul in as they drive?
2. What is Frank's chief goal upon arriving in Deep River?
(a) Get the car tuned up
(b) Avoid a fight with Ann
(c) Buy some new clothes
(d) Avoid seeing Charley O'Dell
3. What is the name of Frank and Ann's dead son?
4. What does Frank tell Paul is in the car?
(a) A case of Coca-Cola
(b) Some fresh clothes
(c) Some sports magazines
(d) Bottle rockets and sparklers
5. What does Frank urge Paul to keep?
(a) A journal
(c) A good suit
(d) His books
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do after sending Paul down to breakfast?
2. What is the only thing that Frank and Charley have in common?
3. What lies under the Bird Sanctuary sign at the O'Dells' property?
4. What does Frank learn when he calls Ted Houlihan?
5. What does Ann think of the idea of Paul's moving back to Frank's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank escape the pain of Paul's accident--at least in his head?
2. How is Paul injured at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
3. What is the scenario between Frank and Paul as Paul is being wheeled out to the helicopter?
4. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
5. What do Frank and Paul do after they reach their hotel for the night?
6. What inappropriate phone call does Frank make from the hotel?
7. Explain Frank's frustrations with the Markhams.
8. What is Frank's conflicted position regarding getting back together with Ann?
9. What are Ann's intentions for Paul's care?
10. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)