|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Frank's plans for the evening?
(a) Catch a local ballgame
(b) Watch some TV
(c) Find Paul and find a restaurant
(d) Read the newspaper
2. How does Frank characterize Irv and himself?
(a) The best of buddies
(b) Bitter enemies
(c) Ships passing in the night
(d) Long lost friends
3. What does Paul do to a passing parade of Shriners?
4. What does Frank urge Paul to keep?
(a) A journal
(b) His books
(d) A good suit
5. What does Ann think of the idea of Paul's moving back to Frank's house?
(a) Paul will get into trouble
(b) Frank doesn't know what Paul likes to eat
(c) Paul will cramp Frank's style
(d) Frank is not strict enough with homework rules
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Irv considering taking as his third wife?
2. What does Frank tell Sally when he calls her?
3. What does Frank do after sending Paul down to breakfast?
4. What does Paul do when Frank gets out of the car at a scenic spot?
5. What is Frank's chief goal upon arriving in Deep River?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
2. How is Paul injured at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
3. Why does seeing a copy of his novel at the hotel make Frank feel sad?
4. Explain Frank's frustrations with the Markhams.
5. Who is Char?
6. In what way do Frank and Paul finally begin to connect at the hotel?
7. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
8. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
9. How does Ann respond when Frank tells her Paul wants to come live with him?
10. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)