|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul ask Frank if he remembers from Paul's childhood?
(a) His invisible friends
(b) His teddy bear
(c) His stuttering
(d) His goofy haircut
2. What does Frank find in the hotel library?
(a) Fahrenheit 451
(b) His one published novel
(c) War and Peace
(d) Gone With the Wind
3. Where do Frank and Irv walk to kill some time?
(b) Dairy Queen
(c) Barnes & Noble
4. Why does Ann keep an eye on Frank?
(a) She thinks he may thwart Paul's getting on the helicopter
(b) She finds him marginally attractive
(c) She is furious with him
(d) She is still in love with him
5. When Paul goes out to explore, what does Frank do?
(a) Has a few drinks
(b) Orders dinner
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Calls Sally
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Frank calls Sally's phone number?
2. What does Irv pull from his wallet to show Frank?
3. Who does Frank call in lieu of making business phone calls?
4. What kind of car had Paul crashed the night before?
5. What does Paul ask Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann tell Frank about what Paul had done to Charley yesterday?
2. What does Frank learn about Paul's condition at the hospital?
3. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
4. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
5. Who is Char?
6. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
7. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
8. How does Ann respond when Frank calls to tell her about Paul's accident?
9. How does Frank escape the pain of Paul's accident--at least in his head?
10. In what way do Frank and Paul finally begin to connect at the hotel?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)