|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul goes out to explore, what does Frank do?
(a) Orders dinner
(b) Has a few drinks
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Calls Sally
2. Frank muses about ____________ and wonders if it would have given Ann and him a different path.
(a) A different career
(b) A Volvo
3. What kind of car had Paul crashed the night before?
4. Where do Frank and Paul get into a fight?
(a) The car
(b) The hotel
(c) The restaurant
(d) The batting cages
5. Who calls out Frank's name in the crowd gathering around Paul?
(a) Eric Mason
(b) Irv Ornstein
(c) Ira Owenston
(d) Eric Owens
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's chief goal upon arriving in Deep River?
2. What does Frank leave with Mr. Tanks' moving van the next morning?
3. What lies under the Bird Sanctuary sign at the O'Dells' property?
4. Where do Frank and Paul stay at the end of their first day of their trip?
5. What does Frank tell Sally when he calls her from the Basketball Hall of Fame?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Frank's frustrations with the Markhams.
2. Describe the stilted conversation between Frank and Paul in the car.
3. What do Frank and Paul do after they reach their hotel for the night?
4. What is Frank's conflicted position regarding getting back together with Ann?
5. What does Frank learn is the outcome of the possibility of the Markhams buying the Houlihan house?
6. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
7. How is Paul injured at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
8. In what way do Frank and Paul finally begin to connect at the hotel?
9. Who is Char?
10. Why does seeing a copy of his novel at the hotel make Frank feel sad?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)