|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a phone message from Phyllis Markham say?
(a) They are moving to Florida
(b) They are going back to Vermont
(c) They have found a house
(d) They have moved to the Ramada and asks him to call anytime
2. Where do Frank and Paul stay at the end of their first day of their trip?
(a) Hampton Inn
(b) The Deerslayer Inn
(c) The Mohican Inn
(d) The Holiday Inn
3. What does Frank do after sending Paul down to breakfast?
(a) Checks e-mail
(b) Makes phone calls
(c) Sleeps in
(d) Watches TV
4. What is the only thing that Frank and Charley have in common?
(b) Real estate
(d) Being divorced
5. What gift does Frank's daughter give him?
(a) A Frank Sinatra CD
(b) A tie
(c) A red ribbon
(d) Cuff links
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Frank and Paul get into a fight?
2. What does Ann reply when Frank calls to tell her about Paul?
3. Where does Ann want Paul to have surgery?
4. Who does Frank call in lieu of making business phone calls?
5. What subject does Frank try to interest Paul in as they drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
2. Why does seeing a copy of his novel at the hotel make Frank feel sad?
3. How does Ann respond when Frank tells her Paul wants to come live with him?
4. What is Frank's conflicted position regarding getting back together with Ann?
5. In what way do Frank and Paul finally begin to connect at the hotel?
6. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
7. Who is Char?
8. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
9. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
10. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)