|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul goes out to explore, what does Frank do?
(a) Calls Sally
(b) Has a few drinks
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Orders dinner
2. What does Paul ask Frank?
(a) If he can order a pizza
(b) If he can drive tomorrow
(c) If he can get an iPod
(d) If he is coming to his hearing
3. Where is Paul hit by a speeding ball?
(a) The forehead
(b) The eye
(c) The neck
(d) The shoulder
4. What lies under the Bird Sanctuary sign at the O'Dells' property?
(a) A flag
(b) A dead grackle
(c) A pile of rocks
(d) A skateboard
5. What are Frank's plans for the evening?
(a) Find Paul and find a restaurant
(b) Watch some TV
(c) Catch a local ballgame
(d) Read the newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paul, what is "the one thing you can do that's truly unique to you and that society can't affect in any way?"
2. What does Paul do to a passing parade of Shriners?
3. What does Irv tell Frank that Frank represents in his life?
4. Where does Ann want Paul to have surgery?
5. What does a phone message from Phyllis Markham say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
2. What is Frank's conflicted position regarding getting back together with Ann?
3. Who is Char?
4. In what way do Frank and Paul finally begin to connect at the hotel?
5. Describe the stilted conversation between Frank and Paul in the car.
6. What are Ann's intentions for Paul's care?
7. How does Ann respond when Frank tells her Paul wants to come live with him?
8. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
9. What does Frank learn about Paul's condition at the hospital?
10. How do Frank and Ann bond momentarily over Paul's injury?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)