|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul is taken to the hospital in what city?
2. Who is the ophthalmologist at the hospital?
(a) Dr. Densmore
(b) Dr. Tisaris
(c) Dr. Page
(d) Dr. Psoriasis
3. What does Paul do to a passing parade of Shriners?
4. What transportation arrangements have Ann made to transport Paul?
5. What do Ann and Irv talk about on the helicopter pad?
(a) The weather
(b) Paul's misfortune
(c) Mutual friends
(d) The holiday
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls out Frank's name in the crowd gathering around Paul?
2. What is the only thing that Frank and Charley have in common?
3. Why does Ann keep an eye on Frank?
4. What book of Frank's does Paul begin reading in the car?
5. Who does Frank call in lieu of making business phone calls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Frank and Paul do after they reach their hotel for the night?
2. What inappropriate phone call does Frank make from the hotel?
3. How is Paul injured at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
4. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
5. How does Frank escape the pain of Paul's accident--at least in his head?
6. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
7. Who is Char?
8. What does Frank learn about Paul's condition at the hospital?
9. How does Ann respond when Frank calls to tell her about Paul's accident?
10. What is Frank's conflicted position regarding getting back together with Ann?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)