|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Irv Ornstein?
(a) Frank's dentist
(b) Frank's broker
(c) Paul's orthopedic surgeon
(d) Frank's mother's second husband's son
2. What does Frank think of Dr. Burris momentarily?
(a) He is too young
(b) He is Ann's boyfriend
(c) He is out of place
(d) He is not capable
3. What gift does Frank's daughter give him?
(a) A red ribbon
(b) Cuff links
(c) A Frank Sinatra CD
(d) A tie
4. What lies under the Bird Sanctuary sign at the O'Dells' property?
(a) A pile of rocks
(b) A skateboard
(c) A dead grackle
(d) A flag
5. What does Frank tell Paul is in the car?
(a) Some fresh clothes
(b) A case of Coca-Cola
(c) Bottle rockets and sparklers
(d) Some sports magazines
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann keep an eye on Frank?
2. What does Frank think when his thoughts turn to the Markhams this morning?
3. What does Paul ask Frank if he remembers from Paul's childhood?
4. Since the hotel restaurant is closed, where does Frank go to find something to eat?
5. What does Paul indicate interest in to Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann tell Frank about what Paul had done to Charley yesterday?
2. What is the scenario between Frank and Paul as Paul is being wheeled out to the helicopter?
3. What does Frank learn about Paul's condition at the hospital?
4. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
5. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
6. Explain Frank's frustrations with the Markhams.
7. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
8. In what way do Frank and Paul finally begin to connect at the hotel?
9. Describe the stilted conversation between Frank and Paul in the car.
10. How does Frank respond when Charley makes an attempt to be friends?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)