|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank try to explain to Ann?
(a) That Paul is just faking
(b) That Dr. Burris is not the man for her
(c) That Paul may have tried to injure himself
(d) That he still loves her
2. What kind of car had Paul crashed the night before?
3. What does Frank tell Paul is in the car?
(a) A case of Coca-Cola
(b) Bottle rockets and sparklers
(c) Some sports magazines
(d) Some fresh clothes
4. What disappoints Frank about their inn?
(a) The shower is slow
(b) The beds are hard
(c) The towels are thin
(d) It has no bar
5. Why does Ann kiss Frank?
(a) To make him envious
(b) To excite him
(c) To entice him
(d) To silence him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank leave with Mr. Tanks' moving van the next morning?
2. What does Frank learn when he calls Ted Houlihan?
3. Who is the ophthalmologist at the hospital?
4. Where do Frank and Irv walk to kill some time?
5. What do Frank and Paul encounter at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank learn about Paul's condition at the hospital?
2. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
3. How is Paul injured at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
4. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
5. What does Frank learn is the outcome of the possibility of the Markhams buying the Houlihan house?
6. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
7. How does Ann respond when Frank calls to tell her about Paul's accident?
8. What inappropriate phone call does Frank make from the hotel?
9. How does Frank escape the pain of Paul's accident--at least in his head?
10. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)