|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Ann brought with her to the hospital?
(a) Her mother
(c) Dr. Burris
2. What do Frank and Paul find when they take a walk?
(a) Cal Ripken Field
(b) Hank Aaron Field
(c) Pete Rose Field
(d) Doubleday Field
3. What is Frank's chief goal upon arriving in Deep River?
(a) Get the car tuned up
(b) Avoid seeing Charley O'Dell
(c) Buy some new clothes
(d) Avoid a fight with Ann
4. What does Paul ask Frank?
(a) If he can drive tomorrow
(b) If he can order a pizza
(c) If he can get an iPod
(d) If he is coming to his hearing
5. What does Frank find in the hotel library?
(a) War and Peace
(b) Fahrenheit 451
(c) Gone With the Wind
(d) His one published novel
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank characterize Irv and himself?
2. What does Paul do to a passing parade of Shriners?
3. Who is Mr. Toby?
4. What does Frank tell Paul is in the car?
5. What does Clarissa give Paul before he leaves with Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
2. What does Frank learn is the outcome of the possibility of the Markhams buying the Houlihan house?
3. What does Ann tell Frank about what Paul had done to Charley yesterday?
4. How does Frank respond when Charley makes an attempt to be friends?
5. What is Frank's conflicted position regarding getting back together with Ann?
6. What are Ann's intentions for Paul's care?
7. How does Ann respond when Frank calls to tell her about Paul's accident?
8. Who is Char?
9. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
10. How is Paul injured at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)