|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann think of the idea of Paul's moving back to Frank's house?
(a) Frank is not strict enough with homework rules
(b) Paul will get into trouble
(c) Frank doesn't know what Paul likes to eat
(d) Paul will cramp Frank's style
2. What does Clarissa give Paul before he leaves with Frank?
(a) A book
(b) A yellow ribbon
(c) A flash drive
(d) An iPod
3. What is the name of Frank's daughter?
4. When Paul goes out to explore, what does Frank do?
(a) Calls Sally
(b) Has a few drinks
(c) Orders dinner
(d) Takes a nap
5. What subject does Frank try to interest Paul in as they drive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank tell Ann that displeases her?
2. Where is Paul hit by a speeding ball?
3. What disappoints Paul about the weekend?
4. What does Irv tell Frank that Frank represents in his life?
5. Who is Irv considering taking as his third wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ann respond when Frank tells her Paul wants to come live with him?
2. Why does seeing a copy of his novel at the hotel make Frank feel sad?
3. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
4. What is Frank's conflicted position regarding getting back together with Ann?
5. What does Frank learn is the outcome of the possibility of the Markhams buying the Houlihan house?
6. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
7. How does Ann respond when Frank calls to tell her about Paul's accident?
8. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
9. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
10. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)