|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank tell Ann that displeases her?
(a) Paul is gay
(b) Paul is interested in moving back to Haddam
(c) She does not look good in yellow
(d) He wants full custody of the kids
2. Who is the surgeon standing by to do Paul's surgery?
(a) Dr. Rotollo
(b) Dr. David
(c) Dr. Daly
(d) Dr. Densmore
3. What kind of car had Paul crashed the night before?
4. In what industry does Irv work?
(b) Tool and die
(c) Flight simulator
5. What frustrates Frank as he waits for Ann to arrive?
(a) He has forgotten his insurance card
(b) He is not allowed to visit Paul
(c) He knows she is always late
(d) He is out of change for the vending machine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank tell Paul is in the car?
2. What does Frank tell Sally when he calls her?
3. Where do Frank and Paul stay at the end of their first day of their trip?
4. What is the doctor's recommendation for Paul?
5. What does Paul do when Frank gets out of the car at a scenic spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank escape the pain of Paul's accident--at least in his head?
2. What does Frank learn is the outcome of the possibility of the Markhams buying the Houlihan house?
3. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
4. How does Frank use the metaphor of independence when he talks to Paul about his own life?
5. How does Ann respond when Frank calls to tell her about Paul's accident?
6. In what way do Frank and Paul finally begin to connect at the hotel?
7. How does the author indicate that Paul is disappointed often by Frank?
8. How does Frank respond when Charley makes an attempt to be friends?
9. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
10. What do Frank and Paul do after they reach their hotel for the night?
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)