|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul hit by a speeding ball?
(a) The shoulder
(b) The neck
(c) The forehead
(d) The eye
2. Who calls out Frank's name in the crowd gathering around Paul?
(a) Eric Owens
(b) Eric Mason
(c) Ira Owenston
(d) Irv Ornstein
3. Who is the ophthalmologist at the hospital?
(a) Dr. Page
(b) Dr. Tisaris
(c) Dr. Psoriasis
(d) Dr. Densmore
4. What does a phone message from Phyllis Markham say?
(a) They are going back to Vermont
(b) They have found a house
(c) They are moving to Florida
(d) They have moved to the Ramada and asks him to call anytime
5. What do Frank and Paul encounter at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
(a) Buses filled with tourists
(b) It is closed for the holiday
(c) Picketers carrying placards
(d) Little Leaguers looking for autographs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank try to explain to Ann?
2. Where do Frank and Paul go for breakfast?
3. What are Frank's plans for the evening?
4. What does Paul do to a passing parade of Shriners?
5. Who does Frank encounter on the drive leading to the O'Dells' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "The Shoot-Out."
2. How do Frank and Ann bond momentarily over Paul's injury?
3. Explain Frank's frustrations with the Markhams.
4. What does Ann tell Frank about what Paul had done to Charley yesterday?
5. Who is Char?
6. What do Frank and Paul do after they reach their hotel for the night?
7. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
8. How does Frank respond when Charley makes an attempt to be friends?
9. Describe the stilted conversation between Frank and Paul in the car.
10. How does Frank escape the pain of Paul's accident--at least in his head?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)