|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank view the Markhams at this point?
(a) He wishes they would call another realtor
(b) He is buoyed by their energy
(c) He is determined to help them
(d) He is weary of them
2. What is the name of Larry McLeod's wife?
(a) Ann Marie
3. Who are the twins that work part time for the real estate company?
4. Why does the old woman call the police?
(a) Her cat is in a tree
(b) She has fallen and can't get up
(c) She heard strange noises
(d) She thinks Frank is a burglar
5. What is Frank surprised to find that Karl has at the restaurant?
(a) A big screen TV
(b) A gun
(c) A stuffed animal
(d) A laptop
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank notice about the woman across the street?
2. Where did Frank go after his move to the location in #56?
3. What does the old woman ask Frank as he is leaving?
4. What topic does Frank intend to talk to Paul about?
5. In whose home does Frank live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ann inadvertently reveal her remaining feelings for Frank?
2. Explain how Frank first meets Karl Bemish?
3. Who is Sally Caldwell and how did Frank meet her?
4. What impact does Frank think falling property values have on a town?
5. What are Frank's thoughts about Sally as he drives toward Connecticut?
6. Explain what Frank means by the "realty dreads"?
7. How does Frank get into the real estate business?
8. Why does Frank resent the lower class tourists in the area?
9. What are the circumstances of Karl's ownership of the roadside restaurant?
10. What is Joe's state of mind regarding his ability to make decisions properly right now?
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)