|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the twins that work part time for the real estate company?
2. What news does Frank get that stuns him?
(a) His stocks crash
(b) His company is closing
(c) His brother has died
(d) Ann is going to marry another man
3. How does Frank know that Larry McLeod is at home?
(a) He hears a toilet flush
(b) His stereo is on
(c) His car is there
(d) He sees him in the backyard
4. What does Frank find on the bedside table in his room at Sally's beach house?
(a) A book and cuff links
(b) Reading glasses
(c) A new lamp
(d) A box of tissues
5. In what city does the story begin?
(a) Albany, Georgia
(b) Springboro, Ohio
(c) Rhinebeck, New York
(d) Haddam, New Jersey
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank surprised to find that Karl has at the restaurant?
2. What does Ann inadvertently call Frank before hanging up the phone?
3. What model car does Frank drive?
4. What does Frank have difficulty finding this night?
5. What does the old woman ask Frank as he is leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of landlord does Frank try to be?
2. What impact does Frank think falling property values have on a town?
3. What advice does Frank try to give Joe?
4. Explain how Frank first meets Karl Bemish?
5. Why does Frank resent the lower class tourists in the area?
6. What are Frank's thoughts about Sally as he drives toward Connecticut?
7. What does Ann tell Frank about Paul's latest infraction?
8. What did Frank do in the period after his divorce?
9. What efforts have been made on Paul's behalf to help him get through this difficult period?
10. What does Frank do immediately after Ann remarries?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)