|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young woman looking at when Frank sees her?
(a) Newsweek magazine
(b) The newspaper
(c) Cosmopolitan magazine
(d) Sexual pictures in a magazine
2. Why does Ann kiss Frank?
(a) To excite him
(b) To make him envious
(c) To silence him
(d) To entice him
3. What do Frank and Paul encounter at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
(a) Picketers carrying placards
(b) Buses filled with tourists
(c) It is closed for the holiday
(d) Little Leaguers looking for autographs
4. What is the name of Frank's daughter?
5. What lies under the Bird Sanctuary sign at the O'Dells' property?
(a) A dead grackle
(b) A pile of rocks
(c) A skateboard
(d) A flag
6. Who is the surgeon standing by to do Paul's surgery?
(a) Dr. David
(b) Dr. Densmore
(c) Dr. Rotollo
(d) Dr. Daly
7. What does Clarissa give Paul before he leaves with Frank?
(a) An iPod
(b) A book
(c) A flash drive
(d) A yellow ribbon
8. Where do Frank and Irv walk to kill some time?
(a) Barnes & Noble
(c) Dairy Queen
9. According to Paul, what is "the one thing you can do that's truly unique to you and that society can't affect in any way?"
10. What does Ann promise Frank as Paul is loaded onto the helicopter?
(a) She will raise the kids Catholic
(b) She will divorce Charley
(c) She wants to remarry him
(d) She will call him when he is out of surgery
11. How does Frank characterize Irv and himself?
(a) Ships passing in the night
(b) Long lost friends
(c) The best of buddies
(d) Bitter enemies
12. What disappoints Frank about their inn?
(a) The towels are thin
(b) The beds are hard
(c) The shower is slow
(d) It has no bar
13. What subject does Frank try to interest Paul in as they drive?
14. What does Frank do after sending Paul down to breakfast?
(a) Watches TV
(b) Sleeps in
(c) Makes phone calls
(d) Checks e-mail
15. What frustrates Frank as he waits for Ann to arrive?
(a) He knows she is always late
(b) He is out of change for the vending machine
(c) He has forgotten his insurance card
(d) He is not allowed to visit Paul
Short Answer Questions
1. What transportation arrangements have Ann made to transport Paul?
2. What do Frank and Paul find when they take a walk?
3. Where does Ann want Paul to have surgery?
4. Where is Paul hit by a speeding ball?
5. What does Paul indicate interest in to Frank?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)