|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why Everyone Is Worried, The Risk Factor, The War on Drugs, Dying Accents, Inefficiency Report, Why No One Walks, Wide-Open Spaces, Snoopers at Work, Lost at the Movies and Gardening with my Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill say about American sports teams that would never happen in Britain?
(a) The players are all polite.
(b) The players play for small salaries.
(c) A team can move its franchise to a new city.
(d) The teams have cheerleaders.
2. Why does Bryson have an issue with the Internet?
(a) People can glean personal information about others.
(b) It's unreliable.
(c) It's making people anti-social.
(d) It's expensive.
3. According to Bill, what product do Americans regard much differently than the British?
(a) Pet food.
(c) Over-the-counter drugs.
4. How does Bill explain the popularity of motel chains in America?
(a) People want the same thing wherever they go.
(b) Privately owned ones are expensive.
(c) Good marketing.
(d) The chains are clean and efficient.
5. What does Bill like about having a college as part of he town he lives in?
(a) His kids can go there for free.
(b) It has snob appeal.
(c) It keeps the taxes down.
(d) He and his family can use their facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Design Flaws," what does Bill complain about, in regards to his computer?
2. Bryson likes his privacy. Where does he especially find there is a lack of privacy in America?
3. In "Consuming Pleasures," what does Bill say about shopping in America?
4. What does Bill say about the way people of the world eat?
5. What particular product in American supermarkets fascinates Bill?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)