|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why Everyone Is Worried, The Risk Factor, The War on Drugs, Dying Accents, Inefficiency Report, Why No One Walks, Wide-Open Spaces, Snoopers at Work, Lost at the Movies and Gardening with my Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Risk Factor," what does Bryson say an American is twice as likely to do as a British person?
(a) Die accidentally.
(b) Die of cancer.
(c) Die is hospital.
(d) Die in childbirth.
2. After living in Britain for twenty years, what does Bill find refreshingly different about the United States?
(a) The government.
(b) The weather.
(c) The fashions.
(d) The informality.
3. Although the GDP is seen as a positive in economic terms, how does Bill say it can be negative?
(a) Production can cause pollution.
(b) It does not help the poor.
(c) It is just too confusing.
(d) Some of it has to go to other countries.
4. What does Bill discuss at the beginning of his essay on design flaws?
(a) His wife's clothing.
(b) His son's running shoes.
(c) His son's jeans.
(d) His daughter's jewelry.
5. How does Bryson begin "Tales of the North Woods?"
(a) He talks about the town that disappeared, and no one has found it.
(b) He talks about using a snowmobile.
(c) He talks about a college student who left a party and died in the woods.
(d) He talks about shoveling snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Bill admit that he has in regards to simple everyday activities?
2. What is one activity that Bill is happy to return to in America?
3. What do U.S. post offices do once a year that Bill likes a lot?
4. According to Bryson, what is lacking in his New Hampshire town?
5. When Bill phones the computer hotline to ask for help, what information do they ask him for first?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)