|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Great Indoors, Death Watch, In Praise of Diners, Shopping Madness, The Fat of the Land, Your New Computer, How to Rent a Car, The Wasteland, The Flying Nightmare and Enough Already.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wide-Open Spaces," according to Bryson, who was an idiot?
(a) Samuel de Champlain.
(b) Grover Cleveland.
(c) Daniel Boone.
(d) Monty Hall.
2. What is one activity that Bill is happy to return to in America?
(a) Paying taxes.
3. What does Bill say about his hair?
(a) He always covers it with a hat.
(b) He has "very happy" hair.
(c) He wants to color the gray.
(d) He is losing it quickly.
4. What is Bryson astonished to find on his plane on a flight from Boston to Denver?
(a) An inflated dinghy.
(b) A chimpanzee.
(c) An entire hockey team.
(d) Am armed guard.
5. What do U.S. post offices do once a year that Bill likes a lot?
(a) Have a charity softball game.
(b) Give customers free stamps.
(c) Give customers free donuts, pastries, and coffee.
(d) Give out door prizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main point Bryson is making in "Your Tax Form Explained"?
2. What does Bryson like to do when he picks up his mail on winter mornings?
3. What is one complaint Bryson has about the small towns around him?
4. According to Bryson, what is lacking in his New Hampshire town?
5. What did Bryson's parents give him for Christmas when he was eight?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)