|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ah, Summer!, A Day at the Seaside, On Losing a Son, Highway Diversions, Fall in New England, The Best American Holiday, Deck the Halls, Fun in the Snow, The Mysteries of Christmas, Life in a Cold Climate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bill's wife's reaction to his new American haircut?
(a) She says he must have said something to upset the barber.
(b) She says she wants to send their sons there, too.
(c) She bursts into tears.
(d) She loves it.
2. What event in America is starting up as Bill begins writing his columns for his British audience?
(a) The Stanley Cup Play-Offs.
(b) The Summer Olympics.
(c) The World Series.
(d) A Presidential Election Campaign.
3. What does Bill end up doing with all the food he buys at the supermarket?
(a) He makes his kids eat it all.
(b) He eats his way through it and hates it.
(c) He eats his way through it and buys more.
(d) He throws half of it out.
4. What trait does Bill admit that he has in regards to simple everyday activities?
(a) He is clumsy.
(b) He never forgets anything.
(c) He is perfect at everything he does.
(d) He is absentminded.
5. What does Bill tell the reader about crime in New Hampshire?
(a) There is no death penalty.
(b) There were only four murders in the last reporting year.
(c) Petty crime is a problem in the rural areas.
(d) Serious crime is on the increase.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bill, what is the outstanding quality of Americans?
2. What does Bill say is a strange feature of their car?
3. What animal got trapped in the Bryson house soon after the family moved in?
4. What does Bill say is ridiculous about a VCR?
5. Bryson says that 94% of Americans' trips from home involve the use of something in particular. What is that item?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)