|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ah, Summer!, A Day at the Seaside, On Losing a Son, Highway Diversions, Fall in New England, The Best American Holiday, Deck the Halls, Fun in the Snow, The Mysteries of Christmas, Life in a Cold Climate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do the Brysons have?
2. In the twenty years since Bryson left the United States, by how much have car numbers, roads, and mileage increased?
(a) By two times.
(b) By 10%.
(c) By half.
(d) By 100%.
3. According to Bryson, what is lacking in his New Hampshire town?
(a) Intelligent people.
(c) Good entertainment.
4. How much does Bryson say the government spends on fighting drugs?
(a) $10 billion a year.
(b) $500 million a year.
(c) $1 billion dollars a year.
(d) $50 billion a year.
5. What did the town of Laconia, New Hampshire, have to do about its new sidewalks and benches in its town center?
(a) Refit them for handicapped residents.
(b) Refit them for use in a movie.
(c) Remove them because no one was using them.
(d) Sanitize them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Highway Diversions," how does Bryson like to pass the time when he is driving on the highway?
2. According to Bryson, why did a store in Michigan win a case brought against them by a customer?
3. What does Bill end up doing with all the food he buys at the supermarket?
4. Bryson likes his privacy. Where does he especially find there is a lack of privacy in America?
5. Bill says the GDP is very hard to measure in modern times. What does GDP stand for?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)