|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ah, Summer!, A Day at the Seaside, On Losing a Son, Highway Diversions, Fall in New England, The Best American Holiday, Deck the Halls, Fun in the Snow, The Mysteries of Christmas, Life in a Cold Climate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bill prefer the post offices in the U.S. to the ones in Britain?
(a) Each town has one.
(b) The U.S. postal charges are very low.
(c) The U.S. post offices only deal with mail.
(d) The buildings are clean and new.
2. In "Junk-Food Heaven," according to Bill, what kind of food shopper is his wife?
(a) She buys a lot of junk food.
(b) She buys healthy and nutritious food.
(c) She loves to cut out and use coupons.
(d) She hates shopping; he does it all.
3. What is Bill's wife's reaction to his new American haircut?
(a) She says she wants to send their sons there, too.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She says he must have said something to upset the barber.
4. What is one activity that Bill is happy to return to in America?
(c) Paying taxes.
5. Why doesn't Bryson like gardening with his wife?
(a) She expects him to garden for hours at a time.
(b) He has to do all the work.
(c) She is English and thus an expert gardener.
(d) She screams if she sees any insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryson say about the long trip and back to take his son to college?
2. How do 40,000 Americans die a year, according to Bryson?
3. In "Consuming Pleasures," what does Bill say about shopping in America?
4. What mistake did Bill make that made him realize that he, along with many others, needs product guidance?
5. According to Bill, what product do Americans regard much differently than the British?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)