|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the bullies are ripping up a drawing of Noah and Jude in Chapter One?
(a) Zephyr keeps the picture of Jude.
(b) They come across Noah’s drawing of Fry as a pack of French fries.
(c) They come across Noah’s drawing of Zephyr and Fry.
(d) They tear a picture of Jude and Noah in half so Noah flies away on the wind.
2. What is Jude mother’s book on Frida Kahlo and Diego Riveria titled as said in Chapter Three?
(a) Count the Ways after an Elizabeth Barrett Browning poem.
(b) My Heart, My Heart.
(c) The Fated Embrace.
(d) True Love's Kiss.
3. What does Jude tell Guillermo to convince him to take her as a student in Chapter Three?
(a) That she has to do this to stop her mother from haunting her.
(b) That she is a twin.
(c) That she is clairvoyant.
(d) That she is her lost daughter.
4. Why is Jude surprised to hear about her sand sculptures from Sandy in Chapter Two?
(a) Because she did not make them.
(b) Because the only photos had been by Noah who had destroyed them in rage.
(c) Because she made sand sculptures of men, not women.
(d) Because she had forgotten about them.
5. What does Jude begin sculpting instead of her mother in Chapter Three?
(a) Noah and her mom.
(c) Jude and her mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students of CSA call Jude as said in Chapter Two?
2. What happens when Jude goes in Oscar’s room in Chapter Three?
3. What does Noah tell Brian after the first meet and walk through the woods in Chapter Three?
4. What does Jude do in the beginning of Chapter Two before her critique?
5. What do Noah and Jude traditionally do to comfort one another as said in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Grandma Sweetwine as described in Chapter One? What was her connection to the kids?
2. Why is Jude so adamant not to accept an orange from Oscar in Chapter Three? What does she do to return it?
3. How has Jude’s dad become after their mother’s death as said in Chapter Three?
4. What does Jude find in Oscar’s room in Chapter Three? What is the prophecy about her?
5. Who does Jude meet at the church on the way to Guillermo’s studio in Chapter Two? What happens?
6. What had happened between Jude and Zephyr as said in Chapter Two? Why does Jude think this has brought bad luck on her family?
7. Why is Jude on a boy fast as said in Chapter Two? What does she do to keep up the boy fast?
8. Why does Jude go to Devil’s Drop in Chapter Two? What does she think about seeing Noah jump off Devil’s Drop?
9. What did Grandmother Sweetwine tell Noah and Jude when she read their palms as said in Chapter One? How does Noah see what she reads in Jude?
10. What does Guillermo tell Jude about drawing in Chapter Three as she draws Oscar? What does he have her do while she is learning?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)