|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cammie do outside of Josh's house?
2. What is Dillion determined to do that night according to his email?
3. What does Josh note about Cammie?
4. What does Cammie learn the next day when she returns to her mother's office?
5. Who calls 911?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cammie decides she will never trust her friends again when they eagerly turn to Macey for fashion advice. Cammie thinks about Josh and how he made her feel like just another girl. Cammie does not tell her friends about Josh because it is nice to have something only she knows in a place where everyone knows her story.
1. Discuss the dynamics of a new teenager trying to break into an established clique of friends. How might the new person feel? How could the girls who know each other help the new girl? Why might Cammie feel a bit jealous of Macey? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
2. Discuss reasons why Cammie might enjoy feeling like a normal girl given her situation.
3. Discuss reasons why Cammie might want to keep the knowledge of Josh to herself.
Essay Topic 2
Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover. She also realizes that being a girl is trickier than being a spy. Cammie is fairly certain that she is not nobody when Josh asks for her number, but when she tells him she will be there again tomorrow, his indifferent claim that maybe he will see her around makes her self-conscious. When Cammie lies that Dad's job is not a family business, Josh tells her she is lucky to have free will as he shows her his family's pharmacy.
1. What do you think is meant by the statement: Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover. Do you think that could also be true for a boy on a date? Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover.
2. Discuss reasons Cammie might think being a normal girl is trickier than being a spy. Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover.
3. Discuss reasons Josh might have for feeling he has no free will about what he does with his life. Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover.
Essay Topic 3
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
This section contains 3,044 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)