Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Liz concerned about concerning Cammie and Josh?
2. What does Mr. Solomon do in covert ops class the day that Cammie met him in her mother's office?
3. Why does Josh give Cammie some earrings?
4. What does Josh give Cammie at the gazebo?
5. Why does Cammie panic when she sees Josh at the gazebo?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of fitting into a social crowd in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with fitting in? Why? What are some symbols of fitting in? Symbols of being an outsider? What characters seem to be outsiders to the group around them?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of secrets in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters have secrets? Why? How do secrets affect the characters?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of self-knowledge in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Consider Cammie's knowledge of herself from the first Chapter to what she knows by the end of the book. What about Macy? What other characters learn some deep truths about themselves? Is acquiring self-knowledge a part of being a teenager? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Josh does not sound proud when he admits he has lived here his whole life. Cammie is not proud of invading Josh's privacy, but she is not exactly ashamed either which is not surprising since her whole life has been that kind of contradiction.
1. Discuss reasons you think Josh might feel embarrassed by what he sees as the narrowness of his life. Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
2. Why do you think Cammie is feeling the way she does when she and her friends go into Josh's house? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
3. In what ways do you see Cammie's life as full of contradictions? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel or mystery?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)