|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Liz concerned about concerning Cammie and Josh?
2. What does Mr. Solomon do in covert ops class the day that Cammie met him in her mother's office?
3. Why does Josh give Cammie some earrings?
4. What does Josh give Cammie at the gazebo?
5. Why does Cammie panic when she sees Josh at the gazebo?
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You including why you believe it is foreshadowing.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of fitting into a social crowd in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with fitting in? Why? What are some symbols of fitting in? Symbols of being an outsider? What characters seem to be outsiders to the group around them?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of secrets in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters have secrets? Why? How do secrets affect the characters?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of self-knowledge in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Consider Cammie's knowledge of herself from the first Chapter to what she knows by the end of the book. What about Macy? What other characters learn some deep truths about themselves? Is acquiring self-knowledge a part of being a teenager? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Cammie decides she will never trust her friends again when they eagerly turn to Macey for fashion advice. Cammie thinks about Josh and how he made her feel like just another girl. Cammie does not tell her friends about Josh because it is nice to have something only she knows in a place where everyone knows her story.
1. Discuss the dynamics of a new teenager trying to break into an established clique of friends. How might the new person feel? How could the girls who know each other help the new girl? Why might Cammie feel a bit jealous of Macey? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
2. Discuss reasons why Cammie might enjoy feeling like a normal girl given her situation.
3. Discuss reasons why Cammie might want to keep the knowledge of Josh to herself.
This section contains 3,069 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)