|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cammie do before she escapes?
2. What happens when Josh goes to get her some punch?
3. What does Josh say about Dillon after Dillon's stupid idea?
4. What are the papers Mr. Solomon gives the students in class?
5. What might Cammie have noticed if she had looked back after walking away from Josh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction among Josh, Cammie, Dillon, and DeeDee at the hamburger joint.
2. What happens that makes Cammie realize how close she has become to Macey?
3. Why is Liz in a panic as she rushes up to talk to her suitemates?
4. Where does Josh take Cammie? Who is the first person they meet there?
5. Why does Cammie think it a bad idea to join her classmates to go to town?
6. How does Cammie suggest she and Josh communicate and why does she suggest that?
7. What does Josh give Cammie at the gazebo before she goes back to the school?
8. How does Cammie explain her lack of action in the pharmacy the night before?
9. What do Macey and Cammie discuss concerning Josh as Cammie is leaving again to meet him in the evening?
10. What happens to Anna Fetterman in the pharmacy and who comes to her rescue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 2
Macey says it sounds like Josh is playing it cool in case she does not like him, and though he told his friend that Cammie is nobody, Macey suggests he is marking his territory or ashamed at liking the weird new girl. Cammie tries to hide her hurt from her friends concerning the fact that Josh said she is nobody, but Liz and Bex exchange a look that indicates they do not believe her.
1. Why do you think a boy or a girl might play it "cool" with someone in whom they are interested?
2. Discuss why a teenager might feel slightly ashamed if she or he were interested in someone his/her friends might consider weird.
3. Discuss reasons Cammie might want to hide her feelings from her friends.
Essay Topic 3
Many novels, and perhaps a majority, of novels ends on a happy note. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think many (most?) people want what they perceive as a happy or good ending to a novel? Explain your opinion. Do you? Why or why not?
2. What are three reasons to read fiction? Discuss each one in light of I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You and whether or not it fulfills all three, two or one of the reasons you mention. Give examples as to why I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You is or is not successful in fulfilling the reasons you discuss.
3. Do you think reading solely for entertainment is as good a reason to read as any other? Why or why not? Can any work of fiction or non-fiction, no matter how poorly written, enlighten, teach, stimulate thought? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)