|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Cammie apologize to one of her captives?
2. What does Cammie tell DeeDee why Cammie is outside alone?
3. What does Cammie realize about DeeDee?
4. What is the first date Josh ask Cammie out on?
5. How does Cammie end up in the passage that leads to her mother's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cammie decide to do about telling Josh the truth about herself?
2. What happens when Cammie sees a strange look on Josh's face when she meets him for their movie date, and what does Cammie think to herself that she does not want to do?
3. What happens that makes Cammie realize how close she has become to Macey?
4. What suddenly happens as Cammie is walking away from Josh and why is she angry?
5. Describe the interaction among Josh, Cammie, Dillon, and DeeDee at the hamburger joint.
6. What does Mr. Solomon explain to Cammie?
7. What papers does Mr. Solomon hand out and how does Cammie feel about it initially?
8. What do Macey and Cammie discuss concerning Josh as Cammie is leaving again to meet him in the evening?
9. Why does Cammie suddenly leave the dance without telling Josh goodbye.
10. Where does Josh take Cammie? Who is the first person they meet there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Cammie and Liz. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Cammie and Josh. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)