|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joe Solomon take Macey?
2. Where is Josh's family going on a Saturday evening?
3. What has Mr. Solomon called the latest session of the Covert Ops class?
4. Who is Josh?
5. What makes the Senator's daughter feel outraged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cammie think about for the next two weeks and how does she get an opportunity to encounter Josh again?
2. Where does Cammie go to school and what type of school is it?
3. What does Cammie tell her mother about Mr. Solomon's knowledge about her dad and what does her mother say about it?
4. Describe Cammie's encounter with Josh.
5. What does Cammie find when she approaches the funnel cake stand?
6. What do Liz and Cammie learn from the Dr. Pepper bottle that Josh had handled and why do they decide to go to his house that nigh?
7. How does Mr. Solomon upset Cammie? Why does Cammie choose not to mention it to her mother?
8. What required class for this year has Anna Fetterman nervous and what change is there for the class this year?
9. What does Cammie reveal herself to Josh and what happens?
10. What does Cammie question as she is riding with her suite mates in driver's education class and how does she get her answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel or mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Cammie decides she will never trust her friends again when they eagerly turn to Macey for fashion advice. Cammie thinks about Josh and how he made her feel like just another girl. Cammie does not tell her friends about Josh because it is nice to have something only she knows in a place where everyone knows her story.
1. Discuss the dynamics of a new teenager trying to break into an established clique of friends. How might the new person feel? How could the girls who know each other help the new girl? Why might Cammie feel a bit jealous of Macey? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
2. Discuss reasons why Cammie might enjoy feeling like a normal girl given her situation.
3. Discuss reasons why Cammie might want to keep the knowledge of Josh to herself.
Essay Topic 3
Macey says it sounds like Josh is playing it cool in case she does not like him, and though he told his friend that Cammie is nobody, Macey suggests he is marking his territory or ashamed at liking the weird new girl. Cammie tries to hide her hurt from her friends concerning the fact that Josh said she is nobody, but Liz and Bex exchange a look that indicates they do not believe her.
1. Why do you think a boy or a girl might play it "cool" with someone in whom they are interested?
2. Discuss why a teenager might feel slightly ashamed if she or he were interested in someone his/her friends might consider weird.
3. Discuss reasons Cammie might want to hide her feelings from her friends.
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)