|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Solomon?
2. Where is the covert operations class supposed to meet?
3. What makes Bex think Josh might be trying to find Cammie?
4. How many languages does Cammie know?
5. What does Cammie say about Josh that demonstrates she has seen him before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe Solomon calm Mascey down as she is racing back to tell her parents she does not want to stay at Gallagher's?
2. What does Josh do that dampens Bex's interest in him and how does Cammie slip up to indicate she has met him before?
3. What do Cammie and Josh talk about while at the funnel cake stand?
4. How do Macey, Bex and Liz help Cammie prepare for her "mission Josh," and what does Cammie think about the process?
5. What does Cammie question as she is riding with her suite mates in driver's education class and how does she get her answer?
6. Why do the girls think Josh may be trying to find Cammie when the girls search through his trash?
7. What required class for this year has Anna Fetterman nervous and what change is there for the class this year?
8. What help does Cammie ask of Macey and what does Macey want in return?
9. What does Cammie's mother ask Bex and Cammie to do and what are they to ensure happens?
10. What does the boy do who Cammie notices looking at her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover. She also realizes that being a girl is trickier than being a spy. Cammie is fairly certain that she is not nobody when Josh asks for her number, but when she tells him she will be there again tomorrow, his indifferent claim that maybe he will see her around makes her self-conscious. When Cammie lies that Dad's job is not a family business, Josh tells her she is lucky to have free will as he shows her his family's pharmacy.
1. What do you think is meant by the statement: Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover. Do you think that could also be true for a boy on a date? Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover.
2. Discuss reasons Cammie might think being a normal girl is trickier than being a spy. Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover.
3. Discuss reasons Josh might have for feeling he has no free will about what he does with his life. Cammie begins to wonder if every girl on a date is in deep cover.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of fitting into a social crowd in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with fitting in? Why? What are some symbols of fitting in? Symbols of being an outsider? What characters seem to be outsiders to the group around them?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of secrets in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters have secrets? Why? How do secrets affect the characters?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of self-knowledge in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. Consider Cammie's knowledge of herself from the first Chapter to what she knows by the end of the book. What about Macy? What other characters learn some deep truths about themselves? Is acquiring self-knowledge a part of being a teenager? Why?
Essay Topic 3
I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You is one book in a series of novels involving Cammie. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)