|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Bex's skills as a lock picker needed at Josh's home?
2. Why does Cammie not notice Bex slipping into an empty seat at the table?
3. What makes Bex think Josh might be trying to find Cammie?
4. Who is Joe Solomon?
5. At lunch, Macey acts like _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first day of covert operations class.
2. Describe Cammie's encounter with Josh.
3. What required class for this year has Anna Fetterman nervous and what change is there for the class this year?
4. How do Macey, Bex and Liz help Cammie prepare for her "mission Josh," and what does Cammie think about the process?
5. What does Cammie question as she is riding with her suite mates in driver's education class and how does she get her answer?
6. What is the girls' mission that night for covert operations class?
7. What is Cammie's technique for tailing Mr. Smith?
8. What does Cammie find when she approaches the funnel cake stand?
9. How do the girls contrive to have car troubles by Josh's house and what do they do there?
10. What is the atmosphere like as Cammie arrives at the debriefing for the covert ops assignment and how does Mr. Solomon act when Cammie announces she has the soft drink bottle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Macey says it sounds like Josh is playing it cool in case she does not like him, and though he told his friend that Cammie is nobody, Macey suggests he is marking his territory or ashamed at liking the weird new girl. Cammie tries to hide her hurt from her friends concerning the fact that Josh said she is nobody, but Liz and Bex exchange a look that indicates they do not believe her.
1. Why do you think a boy or a girl might play it "cool" with someone in whom they are interested?
2. Discuss why a teenager might feel slightly ashamed if she or he were interested in someone his/her friends might consider weird.
3. Discuss reasons Cammie might want to hide her feelings from her friends.
Essay Topic 2
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You including why you believe it is foreshadowing.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel or mystery?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)