|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the students go to the Covert Ops classroom so late in the evening?
2. Why does Cammie slip behind a tapestry downstairs?
3. What does Cammie wonder about Josh as she is in the car?
4. What type of people are supposed to attend Gallagher Academy?
5. For how long does Cammie sit on a bench?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Liz in a panic as she rushes up to talk to her suitemates?
2. How do the girls contrive to have car troubles by Josh's house and what do they do there?
3. What does Cammie hear from Liz after she escape the room where she is being held:?
4. What happens when Josh sneaks up on Cammie and why does she overreact?
5. What happens to cause Bex and Macey to fight and who steps in to break it up and to mete out punishment?
6. What does Cammie question as she is riding with her suite mates in driver's education class and how does she get her answer?
7. Describe Cammie's encounter with Josh.
8. What does Josh do that dampens Bex's interest in him and how does Cammie slip up to indicate she has met him before?
9. What does Josh say to Cammie when she talks to him after leaving her mother's office?
10. What does Josh announce and why does Cammie have to protect him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You, identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements in I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. (The subplots may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not?you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Macey says it sounds like Josh is playing it cool in case she does not like him, and though he told his friend that Cammie is nobody, Macey suggests he is marking his territory or ashamed at liking the weird new girl. Cammie tries to hide her hurt from her friends concerning the fact that Josh said she is nobody, but Liz and Bex exchange a look that indicates they do not believe her.
1. Why do you think a boy or a girl might play it "cool" with someone in whom they are interested?
2. Discuss why a teenager might feel slightly ashamed if she or he were interested in someone his/her friends might consider weird.
3. Discuss reasons Cammie might want to hide her feelings from her friends.
Essay Topic 3
I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You is one book in a series of novels involving Cammie. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer
This section contains 3,722 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)