|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bex's driving like?
2. What does Headmistress Morgan tell Macey at Sunday night dinner?
3. What do Cammie, Bex, and Liz ask the Headmistress about their living suite?
4. How is the girl who gets out of the limo dressed?
5. Why is Anna Fetterman fearful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the girls' mission that night for covert operations class?
2. How does Mr. Solomon upset Cammie? Why does Cammie choose not to mention it to her mother?
3. What do Liz and Cammie learn from the Dr. Pepper bottle that Josh had handled and why do they decide to go to his house that nigh?
4. What is the atmosphere like as Cammie arrives at the debriefing for the covert ops assignment and how does Mr. Solomon act when Cammie announces she has the soft drink bottle?
5. Why do the girls think Josh may be trying to find Cammie when the girls search through his trash?
6. What does Cammie's mother ask Bex and Cammie to do and what are they to ensure happens?
7. How do Macey, Bex and Liz help Cammie prepare for her "mission Josh," and what does Cammie think about the process?
8. What happens to cause Bex and Macey to fight and who steps in to break it up and to mete out punishment?
9. What is Cammie's technique for tailing Mr. Smith?
10. How does Mr. Solomon demonstrate the dangers of covert operations to the class members?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel or mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)