|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macey ask for in exchange for her help to Cammie?
2. How is the girl who gets out of the limo dressed?
3. What does Bex do when Mr. Smith flips?
4. What does the boy deduce about Cammie?
5. What does Mr. Solomon discuss using pictures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe Solomon calm Mascey down as she is racing back to tell her parents she does not want to stay at Gallagher's?
2. What is the subject of covert operations class in their next meeting?
3. How does Mr. Solomon demonstrate the dangers of covert operations to the class members?
4. What is the girls' mission that night for covert operations class?
5. How do Macey, Bex and Liz help Cammie prepare for her "mission Josh," and what does Cammie think about the process?
6. What does Josh do that dampens Bex's interest in him and how does Cammie slip up to indicate she has met him before?
7. What required class for this year has Anna Fetterman nervous and what change is there for the class this year?
8. What is the atmosphere like as Cammie arrives at the debriefing for the covert ops assignment and how does Mr. Solomon act when Cammie announces she has the soft drink bottle?
9. What happens to cause Bex and Macey to fight and who steps in to break it up and to mete out punishment?
10. Why do the girls think Josh may be trying to find Cammie when the girls search through his trash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Macey says it sounds like Josh is playing it cool in case she does not like him, and though he told his friend that Cammie is nobody, Macey suggests he is marking his territory or ashamed at liking the weird new girl. Cammie tries to hide her hurt from her friends concerning the fact that Josh said she is nobody, but Liz and Bex exchange a look that indicates they do not believe her.
1. Why do you think a boy or a girl might play it "cool" with someone in whom they are interested?
2. Discuss why a teenager might feel slightly ashamed if she or he were interested in someone his/her friends might consider weird.
3. Discuss reasons Cammie might want to hide her feelings from her friends.
Essay Topic 2
Josh does not sound proud when he admits he has lived here his whole life. Cammie is not proud of invading Josh's privacy, but she is not exactly ashamed either which is not surprising since her whole life has been that kind of contradiction.
1. Discuss reasons you think Josh might feel embarrassed by what he sees as the narrowness of his life. Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
2. Why do you think Cammie is feeling the way she does when she and her friends go into Josh's house? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
3. In what ways do you see Cammie's life as full of contradictions? Use examples from your own life and I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel or mystery?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)