|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caligula marry Claudius to?
2. Why do the soldiers need a new emperor?
3. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
4. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
5. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
2. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
3. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
4. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
5. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
6. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
7. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
8. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
9. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
10. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Claudius survive, when all his other relatives perish? Write an essay that explains his longevity.
Essay Topic 2
Were the Romans more superstitious than modern people? Or did they simply have different superstitions? Write a paper contrasting the superstitions held by Ancient Romans with the superstitions we hold today.
Essay Topic 3
George Washington has often been compared to Augustus Caesar. Make a comparison of the two historical figures. How were they similar and how were they different?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)