|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
2. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
3. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
4. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
5. What was the biggest obstacle to the plot to assassinate Caligula?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 2
Of the three emperors shown in this novel, the progression goes from good to bad to horrible. Was this related to the power that grew from one emperor to another? Write an essay addressing the role that unchecked power plays in the corruption of a ruler.
Essay Topic 3
Historical fiction is a blend of fact and imagination. Write a paper pointing out when Robert Graves is basing his story on fact and when he is allowing himself to imagine what might have happened.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)