|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tiberius live once he left Rome?
2. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
3. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
4. What did Caligula promise Cassius Chærea?
5. Whom does Sejanus arrange for Claudius to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
2. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
3. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
4. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
5. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
6. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
7. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
8. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
9. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
10. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the role of prophecy in the Roman religion.
Essay Topic 2
Contrast the Roman path to power with the American path. What does it take to be a successful person in Rome compared to what it takes in our country? Are the definitions of success the same in both cultures? If not, how do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
George Washington has often been compared to Augustus Caesar. Make a comparison of the two historical figures. How were they similar and how were they different?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)