|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
2. Where do the looting soldiers find Claudius?
3. One of Caligula's first acts is to:
4. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
5. What book did Tiberius take with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
2. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
3. What does Messalina tell Claudius about becoming emperor?
4. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
5. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
6. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
7. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
8. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
9. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
10. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
Essay Topic 2
George Washington has often been compared to Augustus Caesar. Make a comparison of the two historical figures. How were they similar and how were they different?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)