Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
2. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
3. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
4. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
5. What was the biggest obstacle to the plot to assassinate Caligula?
Essay Topic 1
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that addresses the differences (or similarities) between marriage and divorce in Ancient Rome and in our modern world.
Essay Topic 3
Of the three emperors shown in this novel, the progression goes from good to bad to horrible. Was this related to the power that grew from one emperor to another? Write an essay addressing the role that unchecked power plays in the corruption of a ruler.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)