|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia do after speaking to Caligula about Gemellus's death?
2. Who persuades Claudius to accept the position?
3. What class of people did Augustus especially distrust?
4. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
5. Who is the first person that Caligula ordered killed after taking the throne?
Essay Topic 1
Write about the role of prophecy in the Roman religion.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that addresses the differences (or similarities) between marriage and divorce in Ancient Rome and in our modern world.
Essay Topic 3
Of the three emperors shown in this novel, the progression goes from good to bad to horrible. Was this related to the power that grew from one emperor to another? Write an essay addressing the role that unchecked power plays in the corruption of a ruler.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)