|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius advise the old Sergeant to do?
2. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
3. How does Tiberius die?
4. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
5. What condition does Claudius demand of Livia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
2. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
3. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
4. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
5. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
6. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
7. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
8. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
9. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
10. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the role of prophecy in the Roman religion.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)