|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the biggest obstacle to the plot to assassinate Caligula?
2. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
3. What, according to Sejanus, is the Leek Green Party?
4. Where was Caligula assassinated?
5. Why did Tiberius not visit his son, Castor, before Castor's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
2. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
3. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
4. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
5. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
6. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
7. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
8. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
9. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
10. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research a paper about the institution of slavery in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 2
What was military life like back in Ancient Rome. Research and write a paper about the typical life of a Roman soldier.
Essay Topic 3
George Washington has often been compared to Augustus Caesar. Make a comparison of the two historical figures. How were they similar and how were they different?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)