|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calpurnia ask Claudius for instead of presents?
2. What does Livia demand Claudius do to Urgulanilla's baby?
3. What disturbs Claudius about Caligula?
4. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
5. What thought does Claudius comfort himself with as he is made emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
2. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
3. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
4. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
5. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
6. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
7. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
8. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
9. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
10. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that addresses the differences (or similarities) between marriage and divorce in Ancient Rome and in our modern world.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)