Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
2. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
3. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
4. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
5. What was the biggest obstacle to the plot to assassinate Caligula?
Essay Topic 1
Claudius divides his family into "good" Claudians and "bad" Claudians. What drove the "bad" Claudians? Write a paper addressing the question: Did madness run in the Claudian family?
Essay Topic 2
Of the three emperors shown in this novel, the progression goes from good to bad to horrible. Was this related to the power that grew from one emperor to another? Write an essay addressing the role that unchecked power plays in the corruption of a ruler.
Essay Topic 3
Research a paper about the institution of slavery in Ancient Rome.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)