|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caligula made all the palace men shave their heads because:
2. How does Tiberius die?
3. What trick does Caligula use to cheer Tiberius up?
4. Which two people did Claudius advise Agrippina to cultivate as friends?
5. What does Livia do to embarrass Tiberius?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
2. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
3. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
4. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
5. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
6. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
7. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
8. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
9. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
10. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was military life like back in Ancient Rome. Research and write a paper about the typical life of a Roman soldier.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that addresses the differences (or similarities) between marriage and divorce in Ancient Rome and in our modern world.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)