|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Sejanus, is the Leek Green Party?
2. Why was Claudius summoned to the Hall of Justice late one night?
3. What does Livia call Caligula?
4. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
5. What did Caligula promise Cassius Chærea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
2. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
3. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
4. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
5. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
6. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
7. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
8. What does Messalina tell Claudius about becoming emperor?
9. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
10. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Claudius divides his family into "good" Claudians and "bad" Claudians. What drove the "bad" Claudians? Write a paper addressing the question: Did madness run in the Claudian family?
Essay Topic 2
How different was the Roman army to our military? Write an essay comparing the two.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)