|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two people did Claudius advise Agrippina to cultivate as friends?
2. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
3. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
4. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
5. What finally happens to Plancina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
2. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
3. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
4. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
5. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
6. What does Messalina tell Claudius about becoming emperor?
7. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
8. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
9. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
10. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research a paper about the institution of slavery in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the role of prophecy in the Roman religion.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write a paper about one aspect of Ancient Roman life. Possible subjects are: roman entertainment; romance in Ancient Rome; home life; medical standards and practices; the legal system.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)