|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number did Germanicus consider especially unlucky?
2. What, according to Sejanus, is the Leek Green Party?
3. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
4. What thought does Claudius comfort himself with as he is made emperor?
5. Where was Claudius when Caligula was assassinated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
Essay Topic 2
Research a paper about the institution of slavery in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)