|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Claudius when Caligula was assassinated?
2. What did Caligula promise Cassius Chærea?
3. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
4. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
5. Why do the soldiers need a new emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
2. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
3. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
4. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
5. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
6. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
7. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
8. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
9. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
10. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How different was the Roman army to our military? Write an essay comparing the two.
Essay Topic 2
Claudius divides his family into "good" Claudians and "bad" Claudians. What drove the "bad" Claudians? Write a paper addressing the question: Did madness run in the Claudian family?
Essay Topic 3
Contrast the Ancient Roman concept of life, death, and afterlife with our modern concepts.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)