|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome of Senator Gallus's trial?
2. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
3. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
4. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
5. Why was Claudius summoned to the Hall of Justice late one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
2. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
3. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
4. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
5. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
6. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
7. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
8. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
9. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
10. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following characters and contrast the character in the story with his or her historical character:
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)