|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
2. What does Calpurnia ask Claudius for instead of presents?
3. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
4. What finally happens to Plancina?
5. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
2. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
3. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
4. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
5. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
6. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
7. What does Messalina tell Claudius about becoming emperor?
8. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
9. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
10. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Were the Romans more superstitious than modern people? Or did they simply have different superstitions? Write a paper contrasting the superstitions held by Ancient Romans with the superstitions we hold today.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 3
Write about the role of prophecy in the Roman religion.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)