|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
(a) He is told to take command of the troops in Germany.
(b) He is banished to a very small, rocky island.
(c) He becomes one of Tiberius's trusted advisors.
(d) He is imprisoned in an attic in the Palace.
2. What book did Tiberius take with him?
(b) A history of Augustus's reign
(c) An encyclopedia of pornography
(d) Livia's book
3. Where was Caligula assassinated?
(a) In his rooms at the Palace
(b) Just outside the amphitheater
(c) Down by the river docks
(d) In a house belonging to Claudius
4. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
(a) A hired assassin
(b) His wife, Urgulanilla
(c) His brother's wife
(d) His nephew, Caligula
5. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
(a) An invitation to dine with her.
(b) An appointment to join the Senate.
(c) A copy of Augustus's letters.
(d) A warning about Sejanus's intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
2. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
3. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
4. The Senator Incitatus was:
5. What was the outcome of Senator Gallus's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
2. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
3. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
4. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
5. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
6. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
7. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
8. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
9. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
10. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)