|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Caligula start using in his divine form?
2. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
(a) That she wants him to plan her funeral
(b) That she is planning to commit suicide
(c) That she will be murdered by Tiberius
(d) That she knows the very day she will die
3. Cassius Chærea was disgusted when Caligula made him:
(a) Torture a young noble woman.
(b) Get married to a young boy.
(c) Play horsie for Drusilla.
(d) Kill a batch of puppies.
4. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
(a) Just outside the Senate building
(b) Returning to Rome from his villa
(c) Seeing Agrippina off at the harbor
(d) Eating dinner with Tiberius
5. What does Caligula begin to dread after he tortures Brassus?
(a) That Brassus's father would seek revenge
(b) That the people would begin to hate him
(c) That he would be assassinated by his guard
(d) That Jove would smite him for blasphemy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia do after speaking to Caligula about Gemellus's death?
2. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
3. What does Sejanus advise Claudius not to do?
4. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
5. What does Calpurnia ask Claudius for instead of presents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
2. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
3. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
4. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
5. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
6. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
7. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
8. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
9. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
10. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)