|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
(a) He begs her to stop persecuting him.
(b) He cultivates a friendship with Agrippina.
(c) He leaves Rome on the advice of Sejanus.
(d) He accuses her of murdering Postumus.
2. What condition does Claudius demand of Livia?
(a) That she promise to continue protecting Agrippina
(b) That she tell him the truth about her crimes
(c) That she help him to divorce his new wife
(d) That she keep Tiberius in check by opposing him
3. What finally happens to Plancina?
(a) She is invited to dinner by Livia and poisoned.
(b) She is acquitted of murdering Germanicus.
(c) She returns to Syria and marries the new governor.
(d) She kills herself by taking poison.
4. What finally happens to Tiberius's body?
(a) It is burned on the Mars Field with honors.
(b) It is half-burned in the town of Atilla.
(c) It is left to rot on the Island of Capri.
(d) It is thrown into the Tiber like a criminal.
5. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
(a) Committed incest
(b) Locked her in a room
(c) Tried to kill her
(d) Killed her pony
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tiberius die?
2. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
3. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
4. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
5. Who is the first person that Caligula ordered killed after taking the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
2. What does Messalina tell Claudius about becoming emperor?
3. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
4. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
5. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
6. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
7. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
8. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
9. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
10. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)