|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Claudius's nickname of "Teruncius" translates to:
(a) One Farthing
(c) Chipped Stone
(d) Naughty Goat
2. What, according to Sejanus, is the Leek Green Party?
(a) Livia's network of senator's wives
(b) A political faction led by Agrippina
(c) An event to which Tiberius was not invited
(d) A secret group of skilled assassins
3. Where is Germanicus sent after finishing his Consulship?
(a) Back to command the German frontier
(b) To oversee the eastern Roman Provinces
(c) To the western province of France
(d) North to the Isle of Britain
4. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
(a) Twenty years old
(b) Thirty-five years old
(c) Twenty-five years old
(d) Thirty years old
5. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
(a) A small, wrapped package about the size of a good-luck charm
(b) A bundle of letters that Tiberius wrote to him
(c) A book that he says was Germanicus's personal journal
(d) A gift that he claimed was from the people of Syria
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
2. What agreement do Ælia and Claudius come to regarding their marriage?
3. What book did Tiberius take with him?
4. What does Claudius suspect happened to Drusilla?
5. Caligula made all the palace men shave their heads because:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
2. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
3. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
4. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
5. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
6. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
7. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
8. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
9. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
10. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)