|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person that Caligula ordered killed after taking the throne?
2. In a speech about Tiberius to the Senate, Caligula:
(a) Pleads for forgiveness from Tiberius
(b) Executes a Senator for coughing
(c) Declares Tiberius to be a God
(d) Calls them cowards and traitors
3. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
(a) A warning about Sejanus's intentions.
(b) An appointment to join the Senate.
(c) A copy of Augustus's letters.
(d) An invitation to dine with her.
4. What condition does Claudius demand of Livia?
(a) That she help him to divorce his new wife
(b) That she tell him the truth about her crimes
(c) That she promise to continue protecting Agrippina
(d) That she keep Tiberius in check by opposing him
5. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
(a) Committed incest
(b) Locked her in a room
(c) Tried to kill her
(d) Killed her pony
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Caligula's first acts is to:
2. What were the spoils of Caligula's war on Neptune?
3. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
4. What did Caligula promise Cassius Chærea?
5. Why did Tiberius not visit his son, Castor, before Castor's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
2. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
3. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
4. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
5. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
6. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
7. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
8. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
9. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
10. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)