|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Germanicus fear Plancina is doing?
(a) Stealing money from the treasury
(b) Undermining Agrippina's authority
(c) Practicing witchcraft against him
(d) Corrupting his children's discipline
2. The Senator Incitatus was:
(a) Caligula's favorite race horse
(b) Senator Gallus's nephew
(c) The first non-Roman Senator
(d) An actor who made fun of Senators
3. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
(a) He begs her to stop persecuting him.
(b) He leaves Rome on the advice of Sejanus.
(c) He accuses her of murdering Postumus.
(d) He cultivates a friendship with Agrippina.
4. What trick does Caligula use to cheer Tiberius up?
(a) He tells Tiberius about some new sexual practice.
(b) He tells Tiberius bawdy stories from the solider camps.
(c) He suggests some new person Tiberius can execute.
(d) He presents Tiberius with another virgin to violate.
5. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
(a) The largest library in the world is there.
(b) It is a good source of marble.
(c) It supplies Rome with corn.
(d) Most of the troops come from Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Caligula raise funds in France?
2. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
3. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
4. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
5. What does Claudius miss most when he is staying in Carthage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
2. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
3. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
4. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
5. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
6. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
7. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
8. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
9. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
10. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)