|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tiberius live once he left Rome?
(a) On the island of Capri
(b) In the town of Lyons
(c) In a villa in Pompeii
(d) In the city of Capua
2. Who persuades Claudius to accept the position?
3. Which sister of Caligula did he claim as his favorite?
4. Who does Caligula marry Claudius to?
5. What did the oracle at the Temple of Fortune tell Caligula?
(a) Do not perform in public.
(b) You will be safe in Eqypt.
(c) Fear the Tiger!
(d) Beware of Cassius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally happens to Tiberius's body?
2. How did Antonia die?
3. What does Claudius miss most when he is staying in Carthage?
4. What thought does Claudius comfort himself with as he is made emperor?
5. Where was Claudius when Caligula was assassinated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
2. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
3. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
4. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
5. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
6. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
7. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
8. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
9. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
10. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)