|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
(a) Speak to Tiberius about the behavior of Piso
(b) Stand up to Livilla and get a divorce
(c) Investigate the haunting of the house in Antioch
(d) Defend Germanicus's children and avenge his death
2. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
(a) A hired assassin
(b) His wife, Urgulanilla
(c) His nephew, Caligula
(d) His brother's wife
3. With Tiberius gone, who was left in charge of the Roman Empire?
4. The Senator Incitatus was:
(a) Senator Gallus's nephew
(b) The first non-Roman Senator
(c) An actor who made fun of Senators
(d) Caligula's favorite race horse
5. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
(a) Persuade Piso to kill himself before the trial ends
(b) Get the incriminating letter that Livia wrote to Piso
(c) Use her witchcraft to kill Agrippina and her children
(d) To leave Rome and return to Syria after Piso's death
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calpurnia ask Claudius for instead of presents?
2. What finally happens to Tiberius's body?
3. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
4. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
5. Why do the soldiers need a new emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
2. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
3. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
4. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
5. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
6. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
7. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
8. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
9. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
10. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)