|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
(a) Seeing Agrippina off at the harbor
(b) Eating dinner with Tiberius
(c) Just outside the Senate building
(d) Returning to Rome from his villa
2. What does Claudius advise the old Sergeant to do?
(a) Never turn his back on any of the German guards
(b) Leave the regiment and never look back again
(c) Keep his sword with him during Caligula's assembly
(d) Compliment Caligula as much as he possibly can
3. What, according to Sejanus, is the Leek Green Party?
(a) A secret group of skilled assassins
(b) A political faction led by Agrippina
(c) Livia's network of senator's wives
(d) An event to which Tiberius was not invited
4. Where was Claudius when Caligula was assassinated?
(a) Sitting in the seats at the theater
(b) Walking about twenty paces behind him
(c) Waiting for him at the Palace
(d) With Calpurnia, at his small villa
5. What name did Caligula start using in his divine form?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the biggest obstacle to the plot to assassinate Caligula?
2. What, according to Claudius, was a great turning point in Tiberius's reign?
3. Which crime did Caligula reinstate as a capital crime?
4. What does Sejanus advise Claudius not to do?
5. What does Claudius miss most when he is staying in Carthage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
2. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
3. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
4. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
5. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
6. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
7. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
8. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
9. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
10. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)