|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
(a) Just outside the Senate building
(b) Eating dinner with Tiberius
(c) Seeing Agrippina off at the harbor
(d) Returning to Rome from his villa
2. Why did Tiberius not visit his son, Castor, before Castor's death?
(a) Livia told him that it would look bad if he favored his son.
(b) Thrasyllus warned him against making any trips that week.
(c) Sejanus warned him that it might be a trap to assassinate him.
(d) He thought Castor was making up the illness to get sympathy.
3. In a speech about Tiberius to the Senate, Caligula:
(a) Executes a Senator for coughing
(b) Calls them cowards and traitors
(c) Declares Tiberius to be a God
(d) Pleads for forgiveness from Tiberius
4. Why is Piso sent to Syria?
(a) To govern the province
(b) To build a new city
(c) To train the troops there
(d) To raise more taxes for Rome
5. Where was Caligula assassinated?
(a) Just outside the amphitheater
(b) In a house belonging to Claudius
(c) In his rooms at the Palace
(d) Down by the river docks
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Tiberius take with him?
2. What disturbs Claudius about Caligula?
3. One of Caligula's first acts is to:
4. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
5. What does Urgulania tell Claudius about her future?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
2. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
3. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
4. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
5. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
6. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
7. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
8. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
9. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
10. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)