|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
(a) Livia sent her away to an island.
(b) She killed herself in her cell.
(c) She was killed by agents of Sejanus.
(d) She was bribed to perjure herself.
2. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
3. Which two people did Claudius advise Agrippina to cultivate as friends?
(a) Sejanus and Livia
(b) Nerva and Vispania
(c) Sejanus and Thrasyllus
(d) Nerva and Thrasyllus
4. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
(a) Persuade Piso to kill himself before the trial ends
(b) Get the incriminating letter that Livia wrote to Piso
(c) Use her witchcraft to kill Agrippina and her children
(d) To leave Rome and return to Syria after Piso's death
5. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
(a) Make sure she is deified
(b) Protect her great-grandchildren
(c) Tell the true history of Rome
(d) Restore the Republic
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person that Caligula ordered killed after taking the throne?
2. Why was Claudius summoned to the Hall of Justice late one night?
3. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
4. One of Caligula's first acts is to:
5. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
2. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
3. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
4. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
5. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
6. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
7. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
8. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
9. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
10. What does Messalina tell Claudius about becoming emperor?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)