|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sister of Caligula did he claim as his favorite?
2. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
(a) Go out begging on the streets
(b) Make tapestries and pots to sell
(c) Prostitute themselves to wealthy noblemen
(d) Sing and dance at the theater
3. Why do the soldiers need a new emperor?
(a) To keep expanding Roman territory
(b) To make sure they get paid
(c) To keep the people of Rome happy
(d) To placate the German bodyguards
4. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
(a) A hired assassin
(b) His wife, Urgulanilla
(c) His brother's wife
(d) His nephew, Caligula
5. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
(a) Use her witchcraft to kill Agrippina and her children
(b) To leave Rome and return to Syria after Piso's death
(c) Persuade Piso to kill himself before the trial ends
(d) Get the incriminating letter that Livia wrote to Piso
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germanicus fear Plancina is doing?
2. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
3. What were the spoils of Caligula's war on Neptune?
4. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
5. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
2. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
3. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
4. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
5. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
6. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
7. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
8. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
9. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
10. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)