|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Caligula raise funds in France?
(a) He raided the houses of all the wealthy landowners.
(b) He held an auction and sold off the royal family's goods.
(c) He executed the most wealthy locals for treason.
(d) He raised the local taxes by three hundred percent.
2. What were the spoils of Caligula's war on Neptune?
(a) Boxes of seashells
(b) Lobsters and jellyfish
(c) Ropes of black pearls
(d) Cartloads of seaweed
3. What finally happens to Plancina?
(a) She returns to Syria and marries the new governor.
(b) She kills herself by taking poison.
(c) She is acquitted of murdering Germanicus.
(d) She is invited to dinner by Livia and poisoned.
4. Where was Caligula assassinated?
(a) In his rooms at the Palace
(b) Down by the river docks
(c) In a house belonging to Claudius
(d) Just outside the amphitheater
5. What trick does Caligula use to cheer Tiberius up?
(a) He tells Tiberius bawdy stories from the solider camps.
(b) He presents Tiberius with another virgin to violate.
(c) He tells Tiberius about some new sexual practice.
(d) He suggests some new person Tiberius can execute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
2. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
3. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
4. Cassius Chærea was disgusted when Caligula made him:
5. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
2. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
3. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
4. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
5. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
6. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
7. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
8. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
9. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
10. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)