|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the oracle at the Temple of Fortune tell Caligula?
(a) You will be safe in Eqypt.
(b) Beware of Cassius.
(c) Fear the Tiger!
(d) Do not perform in public.
2. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
(a) That she knows the very day she will die
(b) That she is planning to commit suicide
(c) That she wants him to plan her funeral
(d) That she will be murdered by Tiberius
3. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
(a) Twenty years old
(b) Thirty years old
(c) Twenty-five years old
(d) Thirty-five years old
4. What does Livia demand Claudius do to Urgulanilla's baby?
(a) Strangle it in the cradle
(b) Adopt it as his own
(c) Sell it into slavery
(d) Expose it on a hillside
5. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
(a) He was hoping she would consent to marry him.
(b) She was the mother of his grandchildren.
(c) He still had warm feelings for Germanicus.
(d) She was still under Livia's protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Piso sent to Syria?
2. What finally happens to Plancina?
3. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
4. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
5. What does Livia call Caligula?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
2. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
3. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
4. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
5. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
6. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
7. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
8. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
9. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
10. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)