|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
(a) Make sure she is deified
(b) Tell the true history of Rome
(c) Protect her great-grandchildren
(d) Restore the Republic
2. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
(a) He is imprisoned in an attic in the Palace.
(b) He is told to take command of the troops in Germany.
(c) He becomes one of Tiberius's trusted advisors.
(d) He is banished to a very small, rocky island.
3. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
(a) That she knows the very day she will die
(b) That she is planning to commit suicide
(c) That she wants him to plan her funeral
(d) That she will be murdered by Tiberius
4. Where did Tiberius live once he left Rome?
(a) On the island of Capri
(b) In a villa in Pompeii
(c) In the city of Capua
(d) In the town of Lyons
5. Who wrote most of the satiric songs and poems about Tiberius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the soldiers need a new emperor?
2. Where was Claudius when Caligula was assassinated?
3. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
4. What does Livia do to embarrass Tiberius?
5. Which two people did Claudius advise Agrippina to cultivate as friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
2. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
3. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
4. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
5. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
6. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
7. Why does Agrippina become alienated from Claudius?
8. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
9. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
10. What does Claudius hope will happen once Caligula announces his new status as a God?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)