|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
(a) He still had warm feelings for Germanicus.
(b) She was still under Livia's protection.
(c) He was hoping she would consent to marry him.
(d) She was the mother of his grandchildren.
2. Where was Claudius when Caligula was assassinated?
(a) With Calpurnia, at his small villa
(b) Waiting for him at the Palace
(c) Walking about twenty paces behind him
(d) Sitting in the seats at the theater
3. Which two people did Claudius advise Agrippina to cultivate as friends?
(a) Nerva and Thrasyllus
(b) Sejanus and Livia
(c) Sejanus and Thrasyllus
(d) Nerva and Vispania
4. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
(a) Tell the true history of Rome
(b) Protect her great-grandchildren
(c) Make sure she is deified
(d) Restore the Republic
5. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
(a) Nerva simply stops eating one day.
(b) Nerva learns the truth about Tiberius.
(c) Nerva is killed by Caligula.
(d) Nerva asks to go back to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuades Claudius to accept the position?
2. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
3. What does Urgulania tell Claudius about her future?
4. What does Sejanus advise Claudius not to do?
5. Where was Caligula assassinated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
2. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
3. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
4. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
5. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
6. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
7. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
8. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
9. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
10. What does Messalina tell Claudius about becoming emperor?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)