|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally happens to Tiberius's body?
(a) It is half-burned in the town of Atilla.
(b) It is thrown into the Tiber like a criminal.
(c) It is burned on the Mars Field with honors.
(d) It is left to rot on the Island of Capri.
2. Caligula amuses the populace by using what class of people as sword-fighters?
(a) People who cannot pay their debts
(b) Former Senators and their wives
(c) Prisoners of war from Germany
(d) Hostages from foreign lands
3. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They would have been attacked by the people there.
(b) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
(c) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
(d) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
4. The Senator Incitatus was:
(a) Caligula's favorite race horse
(b) The first non-Roman Senator
(c) Senator Gallus's nephew
(d) An actor who made fun of Senators
5. What, according to Sejanus, is the Leek Green Party?
(a) A secret group of skilled assassins
(b) Livia's network of senator's wives
(c) An event to which Tiberius was not invited
(d) A political faction led by Agrippina
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
2. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
3. What did the oracle at the Temple of Fortune tell Caligula?
4. One of Caligula's first acts is to:
5. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
2. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
3. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
4. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
5. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
6. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
7. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
8. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
9. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
10. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)