|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a speech about Tiberius to the Senate, Caligula:
(a) Calls them cowards and traitors
(b) Executes a Senator for coughing
(c) Pleads for forgiveness from Tiberius
(d) Declares Tiberius to be a God
2. What did Caligula promise Cassius Chærea?
(a) To allow him to retire with honors
(b) To give him an appointment to the Senate
(c) To appoint him as Macro's replacement
(d) To send him back to Germany to fight
3. What disturbs Claudius about Caligula?
(a) Caligula spends all his time gambling.
(b) Caligula spends too much time with Tiberius.
(c) Caligula seems to share a secret with Livia.
(d) Caligula likes to watch animals being killed.
4. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
(b) They would have been attacked by the people there.
(c) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
(d) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
5. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
(a) Twenty years old
(b) Thirty-five years old
(c) Thirty years old
(d) Twenty-five years old
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius miss most when he is staying in Carthage?
2. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
3. What was the outcome of Senator Gallus's trial?
4. Who does Caligula marry Claudius to?
5. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
2. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
3. What does Messalina tell Claudius about becoming emperor?
4. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
5. Who are the three main conspirators in the plot to assassinate Caligula?
6. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
7. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
8. How does Antonia discover the plot against Tiberius?
9. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
10. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)