|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia demand Claudius do to Urgulanilla's baby?
(a) Adopt it as his own
(b) Expose it on a hillside
(c) Strangle it in the cradle
(d) Sell it into slavery
2. What disturbs Claudius about Caligula?
(a) Caligula seems to share a secret with Livia.
(b) Caligula spends all his time gambling.
(c) Caligula spends too much time with Tiberius.
(d) Caligula likes to watch animals being killed.
3. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
4. Caligula amuses the populace by using what class of people as sword-fighters?
(a) Former Senators and their wives
(b) Prisoners of war from Germany
(c) Hostages from foreign lands
(d) People who cannot pay their debts
5. Where do the looting soldiers find Claudius?
(a) Reading books in a library
(b) Eating luncheon in the Palace
(c) Taking a bath in his rooms
(d) Hiding behind a curtain
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Claudius demand of Livia?
2. What, according to Sejanus, is the Leek Green Party?
3. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
4. What agreement do Ælia and Claudius come to regarding their marriage?
5. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
2. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
3. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
4. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
5. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
6. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
7. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
8. What advice does Calpurnia give Claudius about his position in the palace?
9. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
10. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)