|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trick does Caligula use to cheer Tiberius up?
(a) He tells Tiberius about some new sexual practice.
(b) He presents Tiberius with another virgin to violate.
(c) He tells Tiberius bawdy stories from the solider camps.
(d) He suggests some new person Tiberius can execute.
2. One of Caligula's first acts is to:
(a) Declare a general amnesty
(b) Dissolve the Senate
(c) Declare war on Carthage
(d) Make his grandmother a Goddess
3. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
(a) He was the only really good child of Germanicus.
(b) He was prone to moods and easily corrupted.
(c) He was the only child to show polite behavior.
(d) He was not as smart as people thought he was.
4. Cassius Chærea was disgusted when Caligula made him:
(a) Get married to a young boy.
(b) Kill a batch of puppies.
(c) Torture a young noble woman.
(d) Play horsie for Drusilla.
5. How does Caligula react to Cassius's story of a German ambush?
(a) He scoffs at Cassius.
(b) He re-enacts it the next day.
(c) He declares the story untrue.
(d) He runs away in terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Caligula raise funds in France?
2. What thought does Claudius comfort himself with as he is made emperor?
3. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
4. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
5. Claudius's nickname of "Teruncius" translates to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Livia play up the rivalry between Sejanus and Castor to Tiberius?
2. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
3. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
4. What reason does Livia give for Tiberius making Caligula his successor?
5. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
6. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
7. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
8. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
9. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
10. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)