|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
2. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Only Livilla
(b) Both Livilla and Æmillia
(c) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
(d) Livilla and Julilla
3. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
(a) Which god is most powerful
(b) Who will succeed Augustus
(c) The proper way to write history
(d) The Empire and the Republic
4. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) At the Imperial Palace
(b) In a public bathhouse
(c) Out on a busy street
(d) At the Apollo Library
5. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
(a) The large audience loves Claudius.
(b) Claudius does not stammer.
(c) Claudius is standing straighter.
(d) The speech goes on for two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
2. What is Caligula's real name?
3. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
4. What is Claudius's full name?
5. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
2. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
3. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
4. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
5. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
6. Describe the book that Livia writes
7. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
8. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
9. What is deification?
10. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)