|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Livia's first husband
(b) Tiberius's first wife
(c) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
(d) Marcellus's father
2. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(a) Chief Ponticate
(d) Protector of the People
3. What is Pollio's profession?
4. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) It gives him more political status
(b) As a favor to Livia's friend
(c) He falls in love with her
(d) Augustus asks him to marry her
5. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
(c) Mark Antony
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
2. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
3. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
4. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
5. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
2. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
3. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
4. Why is Rome so vulnerable to attack by the German forces after Varus dies?
5. Describe the book that Livia writes
6. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
7. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
8. What is deification?
9. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
10. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)