|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) Getting appointed to a public position
(b) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(c) The building of a new library in Rome
(d) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
2. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(b) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(c) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(d) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
3. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
(d) One hundred
4. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
(b) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
(c) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
(d) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
5. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
2. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
3. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
4. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
5. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
2. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
3. Explain the meaning of the prophecy that the Oracle Sibyl told to Claudius?
4. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
5. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
6. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
7. How does Claudius assist in preparing the case against Piso?
8. Why is Rome so vulnerable to attack by the German forces after Varus dies?
9. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
10. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)