|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Livia poisons him.
(b) He dies in battle.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) Agrippa stabs him.
2. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
(b) Two years later
(c) After he pays the Balkan troops
(d) After the German campaign
3. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
(b) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
(c) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
(d) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
4. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
5. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
2. What is Claudius actually reading?
3. What really happened to Postumus?
4. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
2. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
3. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
4. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
5. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
6. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
7. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
8. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
9. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
10. What is deification?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)