|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Fall out of the royal box
(b) Fight with one of the gladiators
(c) Give the most stirring speech
(d) Faint when a gladiator dies
2. Who is Athenodorus?
(a) Claudius's best friend
(b) Antonia's new husband
(c) Antonia's steward
(d) Claudius's favorite tutor
3. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(c) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(d) Single women have more rights
4. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) Singing a jaunty march
(b) Riding on Cassius's back
(c) Screaming and crying
(d) In his mother's arms
5. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
(a) Send it back unread
(b) Read it aloud immediately
(c) Send it to Augustus
(d) Throw it into the fire
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcellus die?
2. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
3. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
5. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
2. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
3. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
4. How does a lizard foretell Tiberius's death?
5. Why does Germanicus send his wife Agrippina, back to Rome?
6. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
7. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
8. Describe the book that Livia writes
9. How does Claudius find out that his letters to Germanicus are being intercepted?
10. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)