|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(b) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(c) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(d) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
2. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
3. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
(a) Long live the Republic!
(b) That's it! I'm a dead man!
(c) Poison is Queen!
(d) Poor Postumus!
4. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
(a) Who will succeed Augustus
(b) Which god is most powerful
(c) The Empire and the Republic
(d) The proper way to write history
5. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Eat a meal
(b) Go to sleep
(c) Listen to him talk
(d) Read a book
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
2. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
3. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
4. What really happened to Postumus?
5. What is a Triumvirate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
2. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
3. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
4. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
5. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
6. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
7. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
8. Why does Germanicus send his wife Agrippina, back to Rome?
9. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
10. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)