|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
(a) have an affair with Vipsania.
(b) move back into her bedroom.
(c) father a child with her.
(d) exile himself from Rome.
2. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(b) Write to him about all the political gossip
(c) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
(d) Research information about the Balkan tribes
4. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She marries Claudius.
(b) She is sentenced to death.
(c) She joins the Vestals.
(d) She is banished.
5. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
(a) investigate the death of their father.
(b) make sure that Livia was tried for her crimes.
(c) rescue Postumus from the island himself.
(d) speak to Augustus about the matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
2. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
3. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
4. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
5. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the meaning of the prophecy that the Oracle Sibyl told to Claudius?
2. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
3. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
4. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
5. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
6. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
7. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
8. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
9. Why does Germanicus send his wife Agrippina, back to Rome?
10. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)