|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
2. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(b) Come back to Germany and help fight
(c) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(d) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Write to him about all the political gossip
(b) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(c) Research information about the Balkan tribes
(d) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(b) Protector of the People
(d) Chief Ponticate
5. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) The Classics
(b) Love poems
(d) Livia's book
Short Answer Questions
1. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
2. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
3. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
4. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
5. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
2. Why does Germanicus send his wife Agrippina, back to Rome?
3. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
4. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
5. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
6. What is deification?
7. Describe the book that Livia writes
8. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
9. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
10. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)