|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(c) Chief Ponticate
(d) Protector of the People
2. What does the name "Caligula" mean?
(a) Little Emperor
(b) Little General
(c) Little Boots
(d) Little Dancer
3. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
4. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She joins the Vestals.
(b) She is banished.
(c) She is sentenced to death.
(d) She marries Claudius.
5. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
(d) One hundred
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
2. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
3. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
4. Name all of Julia's husbands.
5. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
2. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
3. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
4. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
5. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
6. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
7. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
8. Why does Germanicus send his wife Agrippina, back to Rome?
9. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
10. How does Claudius find out that his letters to Germanicus are being intercepted?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)