|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Only Livilla
(b) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
(c) Both Livilla and Æmillia
(d) Livilla and Julilla
2. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
(a) He was unable to land in the harbor because of bad weather.
(b) The crowd was too large for the officers to challenge.
(c) The people of Ostia turned on the guards and beat them.
(d) He was disguised as a sailor and slipped into the crowd.
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(b) Write to him about all the political gossip
(c) Research information about the Balkan tribes
(d) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
4. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Agrippa stabs him.
(b) He dies in battle.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) Livia poisons him.
5. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) That he was not interested in being a God
(b) That he had decided to free Postumus
(c) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(d) That he had made changes to his will
Short Answer Questions
1. The senator Haterius was known for his skill in:
2. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
3. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
2. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
3. What is deification?
4. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
5. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
6. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
7. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
8. Why does Germanicus send his wife Agrippina, back to Rome?
9. Describe the book that Livia writes
10. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)