|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(b) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(c) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(d) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
2. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
3. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
(b) After the German campaign
(c) Two years later
(d) After he pays the Balkan troops
4. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Brave
(b) Claudius the Ugly
(c) Claudius the Idiot
(d) Claudius the Cautious
5. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
(b) One hundred
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Flavius?
2. What is Claudius's full name?
3. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
4. How does Marcellus die?
5. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
2. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
3. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
4. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
5. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
6. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
7. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
8. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
9. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
10. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)