|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Ostia
(b) In Germany
(c) In Capua
(d) In Carthage
2. What really happened to Postumus?
(a) He gave up his cause and disappeared.
(b) He agreed to go back to his island.
(c) He was tortured and then killed.
(d) He was captured and sent to Eqypt.
3. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
4. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Ugly
(b) Claudius the Brave
(c) Claudius the Idiot
(d) Claudius the Cautious
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(b) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(c) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(d) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tiberius adopts Germanicus, Claudius's brother is brought into which family?
2. What is Claudius's full name?
3. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
4. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
5. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
2. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
3. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
4. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
5. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
6. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
7. Describe the book that Livia writes
8. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
9. How does Claudius find out that his letters to Germanicus are being intercepted?
10. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)