|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) Livia's book
(b) The Classics
(d) Love poems
2. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Fall out of the royal box
(b) Give the most stirring speech
(c) Fight with one of the gladiators
(d) Faint when a gladiator dies
3. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She disowns him.
(b) She dotes on him.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She favors him.
4. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
(a) Ten years
(b) Eight years
(c) Sixteen years
(d) Two years
5. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(b) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
(c) Getting appointed to a public position
(d) The building of a new library in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
2. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
3. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
4. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
5. How long had some of the oldest soldiers served?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
2. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
3. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
4. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
5. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
6. What metaphor does Claudius use to describe Tiberius's rule?
7. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
8. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
9. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
10. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)