|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
2. Who is Athenodorus?
(a) Claudius's favorite tutor
(b) Claudius's best friend
(c) Antonia's steward
(d) Antonia's new husband
3. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
(b) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(c) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
(d) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
4. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
(a) Two years
(b) Ten years
(c) Eight years
(d) Sixteen years
5. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
(a) A lemur
(b) A wolf
(c) A parrot
(d) A lion
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
2. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
4. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
5. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
2. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
3. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
4. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
5. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
6. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
7. Why does Germanicus send his wife Agrippina, back to Rome?
8. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
9. Explain the meaning of the prophecy that the Oracle Sibyl told to Claudius?
10. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)