|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) The planets move into alignment.
(b) His statue was seen to move .
(c) His statue was struck by lightning.
(d) There is an earthquake in Rome.
2. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) Riding on Cassius's back
(b) Singing a jaunty march
(c) In his mother's arms
(d) Screaming and crying
3. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
(a) Long live the Republic!
(b) Poor Postumus!
(c) Poison is Queen!
(d) That's it! I'm a dead man!
4. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
(b) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(c) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
(d) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
5. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
(a) He was disguised as a sailor and slipped into the crowd.
(b) The crowd was too large for the officers to challenge.
(c) He was unable to land in the harbor because of bad weather.
(d) The people of Ostia turned on the guards and beat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
2. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
3. Who is Agrippa?
4. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
5. Who is Athenodorus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
2. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
3. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
4. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
5. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
6. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
7. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
8. Describe the book that Livia writes
9. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
10. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)