|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(b) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(c) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(d) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
2. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(b) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(c) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(d) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
3. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
(a) The proper way to write history
(b) Who will succeed Augustus
(c) The Empire and the Republic
(d) Which god is most powerful
4. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
5. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
2. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
3. What does the name "Caligula" mean?
4. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
5. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
2. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
3. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
4. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
5. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
6. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
7. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
8. Why is Rome so vulnerable to attack by the German forces after Varus dies?
9. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
10. How does Claudius find out that his letters to Germanicus are being intercepted?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)