|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(b) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(c) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(d) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
2. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
(a) One hundred
3. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(b) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
(c) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
(d) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
4. Name all of Julia's husbands.
(a) Marcellus and Drusus
(b) Agrippa and Tiberius
(c) Agrippa, Tiberius, and Drusus
(d) Marcellus, Agrippa, and Tiberius
5. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) In his mother's arms
(b) Singing a jaunty march
(c) Screaming and crying
(d) Riding on Cassius's back
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
2. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
3. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
5. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
2. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
3. Describe the book that Livia writes
4. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
5. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
6. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
7. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
8. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
9. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
10. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)