|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Cautious
(b) Claudius the Idiot
(c) Claudius the Brave
(d) Claudius the Ugly
2. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(b) He is the oldest male left in his family.
(c) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(d) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
3. How does Marcellus die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) Agrippa stabs him.
(c) He dies in battle.
(d) Livia poisons him.
4. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) Augustus asks him to marry her
(b) As a favor to Livia's friend
(c) It gives him more political status
(d) He falls in love with her
5. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) In a public bathhouse
(b) At the Imperial Palace
(c) Out on a busy street
(d) At the Apollo Library
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudius's full name?
2. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
3. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
4. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
5. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
2. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
3. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
4. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
5. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
6. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
7. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
8. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
9. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
10. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)