|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Livia's first husband
(b) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
(c) Tiberius's first wife
(d) Marcellus's father
2. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(b) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
(c) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(d) He is the oldest male left in his family.
3. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
(b) Mother of the Country
(d) High Priestess to Augustus
4. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(b) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(c) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(d) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
5. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
(a) A marching song that the soldiers sang
(b) A mascot bird kept in a cage
(c) The fiercest soldier in the group
(d) The military ensign of the regiment
Short Answer Questions
1. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
2. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
3. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
4. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
5. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
2. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
3. Describe the book that Livia writes
4. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
5. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
6. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
7. How does Claudius find out that his letters to Germanicus are being intercepted?
8. What is deification?
9. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
10. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)