|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pollio's profession?
2. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Tiberius's first wife
(b) Livia's first husband
(c) Marcellus's father
(d) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
3. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) There are no pretty girls left
(d) Marrying the wrong family risks death
4. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
(a) After the German campaign
(b) After he pays the Balkan troops
(c) Two years later
5. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Faint when a gladiator dies
(b) Give the most stirring speech
(c) Fight with one of the gladiators
(d) Fall out of the royal box
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
2. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
3. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
4. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
5. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
2. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
3. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
4. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
5. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
6. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
7. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
8. Why is Rome so vulnerable to attack by the German forces after Varus dies?
9. What is deification?
10. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)