|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) Augustus asks him to marry her
(b) It gives him more political status
(c) As a favor to Livia's friend
(d) He falls in love with her
2. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A celebration that takes place after a war
(b) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(c) A group of three men who rule a government
(d) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
3. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
4. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
(b) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
(c) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(d) That they have no true military discipline
5. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
(a) Mark Antony
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
2. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
3. The key to Livia and Augustus's higher cipher was found in the first chapter of. . .
4. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
5. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
2. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
3. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
4. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
5. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
6. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
7. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
8. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
9. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
10. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)