|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(b) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
(c) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
(d) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
2. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
(d) Augustus Caesar
3. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Ostia
(b) In Carthage
(c) In Germany
(d) In Capua
4. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
(a) The speech goes on for two hours.
(b) Claudius is standing straighter.
(c) The large audience loves Claudius.
(d) Claudius does not stammer.
5. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) It gives him more political status
(b) As a favor to Livia's friend
(c) Augustus asks him to marry her
(d) He falls in love with her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
2. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
3. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
4. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
5. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
2. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
3. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
4. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
5. What is deification?
6. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
7. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
8. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
9. Describe the book that Livia writes
10. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)