|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(b) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
(c) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
(d) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
2. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(b) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
(c) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
(d) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
(a) Forge a letter from Tiberius and send it by courier
(b) Speak to Tiberius on behalf of the regiments
(c) Secretly send him two hundred thousand gold coins
(d) Steal money from the public purse to pay the soldiers
4. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
5. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
Short Answer Questions
1. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
2. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
3. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
4. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
5. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. What is deification?
2. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
3. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
4. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
5. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
6. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
7. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
8. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
9. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
10. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)