Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) One of Pollio's books
(b) Livia's book
(c) A letter from his brother
(d) One of Livy's books
2. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
(a) Tiberius was loyal to Livia, while Germanicus was loyal to Rome
(b) Tiberius was more decisive, Germanicus was more cautious
(c) Tiberius was a freethinker, Germanicus was devoutly religious
(d) Tiberius was a bad Claudian, while Germanicus was a good one.
3. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
4. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
5. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
2. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
3. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
4. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
5. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sejanus arrange for Claudius's divorce?
2. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
3. What power does Livia still hold over Tiberius?
4. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
5. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
6. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
7. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
8. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
9. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
10. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)