|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
2. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) A letter, denouncing him
(b) A bag containing golden coins
(c) A box filled with poisoned food
(d) Her personal physician
3. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) At the Imperial Palace
(b) Out on a busy street
(c) At the Apollo Library
(d) In a public bathhouse
4. Name all of Julia's husbands.
(a) Marcellus, Agrippa, and Tiberius
(b) Marcellus and Drusus
(c) Agrippa and Tiberius
(d) Agrippa, Tiberius, and Drusus
5. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
(a) Get drunk on wine captured from the Germans
(b) Murder or drive out most of the captains
(c) Burn down their own tents and shelters
(d) March on Rome with their swords raised
6. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
(a) killing the soldiers that guarded him.
(b) pretending that Postumus has died.
(c) having a slave impersonate Postumus.
(d) keeping all news from leaving his island.
7. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
8. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
(a) Chief Priestess to Diana
(b) Mother Confessor for the Vestals
(c) Second Wife of the Emperor
(d) First Daughter of Rome
9. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
(a) raise the taxes to pay bonuses to the soldiers.
(b) appoint him to the senate after Haterius left.
(c) build a permanent camp for the Roman Guards.
(d) create a special political office for Sejanus.
10. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She despises him.
(b) She favors him.
(c) She dotes on him.
(d) She disowns him.
11. How long had some of the oldest soldiers served?
(a) Ten years
(b) Twenty-five years
(c) Five years
(d) Thirty-five years
12. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
(c) Augustus Caesar
13. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Faint when a gladiator dies
(b) Give the most stirring speech
(c) Fall out of the royal box
(d) Fight with one of the gladiators
14. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
15. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Brave
(b) Claudius the Cautious
(c) Claudius the Ugly
(d) Claudius the Idiot
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
2. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
3. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
4. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
5. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)