|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudius's full name?
(a) Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus
(b) Tiberius Claudius Germanicus
(c) Tiberius Claudius
(d) Tiberius Claudius Nero Drusus Caesar
2. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She despises him.
(b) She disowns him.
(c) She dotes on him.
(d) She favors him.
3. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
4. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
(a) Burn down their own tents and shelters
(b) Murder or drive out most of the captains
(c) Get drunk on wine captured from the Germans
(d) March on Rome with their swords raised
5. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Come back to Germany and help fight
(b) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(c) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(d) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
6. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
(b) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
(c) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
(d) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
7. The senator Haterius was known for his skill in:
8. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
9. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
10. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(b) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(c) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(d) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
11. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
(a) pretending that Postumus has died.
(b) having a slave impersonate Postumus.
(c) killing the soldiers that guarded him.
(d) keeping all news from leaving his island.
12. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She is banished.
(b) She is sentenced to death.
(c) She joins the Vestals.
(d) She marries Claudius.
13. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) That he was not interested in being a God
(b) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(c) That he had decided to free Postumus
(d) That he had made changes to his will
14. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
(a) Who will succeed Augustus
(b) Which god is most powerful
(c) The proper way to write history
(d) The Empire and the Republic
15. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
(a) Sixteen years
(b) Ten years
(c) Eight years
(d) Two years
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
2. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
3. What is a Triumvirate?
4. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
5. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)