|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She marries Claudius.
(b) She is banished.
(c) She is sentenced to death.
(d) She joins the Vestals.
2. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
(a) raise the taxes to pay bonuses to the soldiers.
(b) appoint him to the senate after Haterius left.
(c) create a special political office for Sejanus.
(d) build a permanent camp for the Roman Guards.
3. What is Pollio's profession?
4. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
(a) Steal money from the public purse to pay the soldiers
(b) Speak to Tiberius on behalf of the regiments
(c) Forge a letter from Tiberius and send it by courier
(d) Secretly send him two hundred thousand gold coins
5. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
(a) pretending that Postumus has died.
(b) killing the soldiers that guarded him.
(c) keeping all news from leaving his island.
(d) having a slave impersonate Postumus.
6. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Livia poisons him.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) Agrippa stabs him.
(d) He dies in battle.
7. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
(b) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
(c) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
(d) She suggests that he be given more honors.
8. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
(a) Ten years
(b) Eight years
(c) Two years
(d) Sixteen years
9. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
(b) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
(c) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(d) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
10. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) In his mother's arms
(b) Singing a jaunty march
(c) Screaming and crying
(d) Riding on Cassius's back
11. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
12. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(c) Protector of the People
(d) Chief Ponticate
13. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(b) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
(c) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
(d) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
14. Who is Athenodorus?
(a) Antonia's new husband
(b) Claudius's favorite tutor
(c) Antonia's steward
(d) Claudius's best friend
15. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Marcellus's father
(b) Tiberius's first wife
(c) Livia's first husband
(d) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
2. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
3. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
4. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
5. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)