|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
2. Who was the Crocodile?
(a) One of the Roman Guards at the Imperial palace.
(b) A freedman who had worked for Postumus's father.
(c) A helpful librarian at the temple of Apollo in Rome.
(d) One of the men who guarded Postumus on the island.
3. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
4. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) A letter, denouncing him
(b) A box filled with poisoned food
(c) A bag containing golden coins
(d) Her personal physician
5. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Eat a meal
(b) Read a book
(c) Go to sleep
(d) Listen to him talk
6. What really happened to Postumus?
(a) He gave up his cause and disappeared.
(b) He was captured and sent to Eqypt.
(c) He was tortured and then killed.
(d) He agreed to go back to his island.
7. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(d) Marrying the wrong family risks death
8. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
9. What is Caligula's real name?
10. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) As a favor to Livia's friend
(b) He falls in love with her
(c) Augustus asks him to marry her
(d) It gives him more political status
11. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
12. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
(a) He asks an old soldier to deliver a verbal message.
(b) He encloses a note in a package of fruit.
(c) He sends Claudius a book with a hidden message in it.
(d) He hires a prostitute to pass a letter to Claudius.
13. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
(b) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(c) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
(d) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
14. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(a) Protector of the People
(b) Chief Ponticate
15. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(b) He is the oldest male left in his family.
(c) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(d) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
2. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
3. What is Claudius's full name?
4. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
5. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)