|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(b) Chief Ponticate
(d) Protector of the People
2. What really happened to Postumus?
(a) He agreed to go back to his island.
(b) He was captured and sent to Eqypt.
(c) He was tortured and then killed.
(d) He gave up his cause and disappeared.
3. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) The Classics
(b) Livia's book
(d) Love poems
4. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(c) Cassius Chærea
5. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
(a) Two years
(b) Eight years
(c) Sixteen years
(d) Ten years
6. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
(a) Forge a letter from Tiberius and send it by courier
(b) Steal money from the public purse to pay the soldiers
(c) Speak to Tiberius on behalf of the regiments
(d) Secretly send him two hundred thousand gold coins
7. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
(a) Second Wife of the Emperor
(b) Mother Confessor for the Vestals
(c) Chief Priestess to Diana
(d) First Daughter of Rome
8. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) Riding on Cassius's back
(b) Screaming and crying
(c) In his mother's arms
(d) Singing a jaunty march
9. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Livia poisons him.
(b) Agrippa stabs him.
(c) He dies in battle.
(d) He commits suicide.
10. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) He is the oldest male left in his family.
(b) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(c) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(d) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
11. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Both Livilla and Æmillia
(b) Only Livilla
(c) Livilla and Julilla
(d) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
12. How long had some of the oldest soldiers served?
(a) Twenty-five years
(b) Five years
(c) Ten years
(d) Thirty-five years
13. Who was the Crocodile?
(a) A freedman who had worked for Postumus's father.
(b) One of the men who guarded Postumus on the island.
(c) A helpful librarian at the temple of Apollo in Rome.
(d) One of the Roman Guards at the Imperial palace.
14. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
15. Who is Agrippa?
(a) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
(b) Marcellus's father
(c) Livia's first husband
(d) Tiberius's first wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
2. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
3. Who is Athenodorus?
4. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
5. What is Pollio's profession?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)