|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
2. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(b) Write to him about all the political gossip
(c) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
(d) Research information about the Balkan tribes
3. What is Claudius's full name?
(a) Tiberius Claudius
(b) Tiberius Claudius Nero Drusus Caesar
(c) Tiberius Claudius Germanicus
(d) Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus
4. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(b) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
(c) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
(d) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
5. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Germany
(b) In Ostia
(c) In Carthage
(d) In Capua
6. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
(a) That he was still alive on his island
(b) That he was really a slave named Clement
(c) That he died in a shipwreck outside Ostia
(d) That he was killed by one of his sailors
7. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Single women have more rights
(b) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(c) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(d) There are no pretty girls left
8. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) Riding on Cassius's back
(b) Singing a jaunty march
(c) Screaming and crying
(d) In his mother's arms
9. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
10. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
11. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) His statue was struck by lightning.
(b) The planets move into alignment.
(c) His statue was seen to move .
(d) There is an earthquake in Rome.
12. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
(b) A celebration that takes place after a war
(c) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(d) A group of three men who rule a government
13. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(b) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
(c) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
(d) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
14. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Dove and the Hawk
(b) The Quick and the Dead
(c) The Bookworm and the Boar
(d) The Camel and the Elephant
15. What really happened to Postumus?
(a) He was tortured and then killed.
(b) He agreed to go back to his island.
(c) He gave up his cause and disappeared.
(d) He was captured and sent to Eqypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
2. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
3. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
4. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
5. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)