|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudius's full name?
(a) Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus
(b) Tiberius Claudius
(c) Tiberius Claudius Nero Drusus Caesar
(d) Tiberius Claudius Germanicus
2. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(b) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(c) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(d) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
3. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
4. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(a) Cassius Chærea
5. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
(a) Tiberius was a bad Claudian, while Germanicus was a good one.
(b) Tiberius was loyal to Livia, while Germanicus was loyal to Rome
(c) Tiberius was more decisive, Germanicus was more cautious
(d) Tiberius was a freethinker, Germanicus was devoutly religious
6. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
7. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) Livia's book
(b) The Classics
(c) Love poems
8. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
(a) Mark Antony
9. The senator Haterius was known for his skill in:
10. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Forty years
(c) Sixty years
(d) Fifty-five years
11. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She favors him.
(b) She dotes on him.
(c) She disowns him.
(d) She despises him.
12. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
13. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She is banished.
(b) She is sentenced to death.
(c) She marries Claudius.
(d) She joins the Vestals.
14. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(b) Chief Ponticate
(c) Protector of the People
15. Who is Flavius?
(a) A former general with the German army.
(b) Germanicus's second-in-command.
(c) A slave who was captured in Germany.
(d) The brother of the German general, Hermann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
2. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
3. What is Pollio's profession?
4. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
5. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)