|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Research information about the Balkan tribes
(b) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(c) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
(d) Write to him about all the political gossip
2. Who is Athenodorus?
(a) Claudius's favorite tutor
(b) Antonia's new husband
(c) Claudius's best friend
(d) Antonia's steward
3. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
(a) First Daughter of Rome
(b) Second Wife of the Emperor
(c) Chief Priestess to Diana
(d) Mother Confessor for the Vestals
4. When Tiberius adopts Germanicus, Claudius's brother is brought into which family?
(a) The Drusillan Family
(b) The Tiberian Family
(c) The Julian Family
(d) The Claudian Family
5. What is Claudius's full name?
(a) Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus
(b) Tiberius Claudius Germanicus
(c) Tiberius Claudius Nero Drusus Caesar
(d) Tiberius Claudius
6. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
(a) move back into her bedroom.
(b) exile himself from Rome.
(c) have an affair with Vipsania.
(d) father a child with her.
7. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She is sentenced to death.
(b) She is banished.
(c) She marries Claudius.
(d) She joins the Vestals.
8. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Eat a meal
(b) Go to sleep
(c) Read a book
(d) Listen to him talk
9. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) The Classics
(c) Livia's book
(d) Love poems
10. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
(a) raise the taxes to pay bonuses to the soldiers.
(b) create a special political office for Sejanus.
(c) build a permanent camp for the Roman Guards.
(d) appoint him to the senate after Haterius left.
11. Who is Agrippa?
(a) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
(b) Livia's first husband
(c) Marcellus's father
(d) Tiberius's first wife
12. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
(a) The Empire and the Republic
(b) Which god is most powerful
(c) Who will succeed Augustus
(d) The proper way to write history
13. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
(b) After the German campaign
(c) Two years later
(d) After he pays the Balkan troops
14. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) In his mother's arms
(b) Singing a jaunty march
(c) Screaming and crying
(d) Riding on Cassius's back
15. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) A bag containing golden coins
(b) A letter, denouncing him
(c) Her personal physician
(d) A box filled with poisoned food
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
2. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
3. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
4. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
5. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)