|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(b) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(c) Come back to Germany and help fight
(d) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
2. Name all of Julia's husbands.
(a) Marcellus, Agrippa, and Tiberius
(b) Marcellus and Drusus
(c) Agrippa and Tiberius
(d) Agrippa, Tiberius, and Drusus
3. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
(a) Two years
(b) Sixteen years
(c) Ten years
(d) Eight years
4. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
(b) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
(c) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(d) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
5. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(c) Protector of the People
(d) Chief Ponticate
6. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Fifty-five years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Sixty years
(d) Forty years
7. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) There is an earthquake in Rome.
(b) His statue was struck by lightning.
(c) The planets move into alignment.
(d) His statue was seen to move .
8. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
(a) Chief Priestess to Diana
(b) Second Wife of the Emperor
(c) Mother Confessor for the Vestals
(d) First Daughter of Rome
9. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
(a) A parrot
(b) A wolf
(c) A lemur
(d) A lion
10. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) The Classics
(b) Livia's book
(d) Love poems
11. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
12. The senator Haterius was known for his skill in:
13. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(b) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(c) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(d) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
14. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
15. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
2. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
3. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
4. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
5. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)