|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
(a) A bundle of letters that Tiberius wrote to him
(b) A book that he says was Germanicus's personal journal
(c) A gift that he claimed was from the people of Syria
(d) A small, wrapped package about the size of a good-luck charm
2. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(b) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(c) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(d) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
3. What does Urgulania tell Claudius about her future?
(a) She is due to die this year.
(b) She will see Claudius become emperor.
(c) She is going to marry a senator.
(d) Her granddaughter will marry the emperor.
4. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
(a) It is a good source of marble.
(b) Most of the troops come from Egypt.
(c) The largest library in the world is there.
(d) It supplies Rome with corn.
5. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
2. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
3. Who is Agrippa?
4. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
5. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)