|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
2. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
(a) He sends Claudius a book with a hidden message in it.
(b) He hires a prostitute to pass a letter to Claudius.
(c) He encloses a note in a package of fruit.
(d) He asks an old soldier to deliver a verbal message.
3. How does Caligula react to Cassius's story of a German ambush?
(a) He scoffs at Cassius.
(b) He declares the story untrue.
(c) He re-enacts it the next day.
(d) He runs away in terror.
4. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
(a) A lion
(b) A lemur
(c) A wolf
(d) A parrot
5. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
(a) How much worse Tiberius begins to act
(b) How much people loved his grandmother
(c) How old her corpse looks on the pyre
(d) How long it takes the news to reach Tiberius
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Claudius summoned to the Hall of Justice late one night?
2. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
3. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
4. What number did Germanicus consider especially unlucky?
5. How did Afer escape death when he was tried by Caligula for treason?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)