|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caligula begin to dread after he tortures Brassus?
(a) That Brassus's father would seek revenge
(b) That he would be assassinated by his guard
(c) That Jove would smite him for blasphemy
(d) That the people would begin to hate him
2. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) A letter from his brother
(b) One of Livy's books
(c) Livia's book
(d) One of Pollio's books
3. Cassius Chærea was disgusted when Caligula made him:
(a) Get married to a young boy.
(b) Kill a batch of puppies.
(c) Play horsie for Drusilla.
(d) Torture a young noble woman.
4. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Forty years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Sixty years
(d) Fifty-five years
5. Why was Claudius summoned to the Hall of Justice late one night?
(a) To judge a trial against Jove
(b) To be sentenced to death
(c) To watch Caligula dance
(d) To go over Livia's records
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
2. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
3. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
4. What does Calpurnia ask Claudius for instead of presents?
5. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)