|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
(a) Nerva simply stops eating one day.
(b) Nerva learns the truth about Tiberius.
(c) Nerva is killed by Caligula.
(d) Nerva asks to go back to Rome.
2. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) At the Apollo Library
(b) At the Imperial Palace
(c) In a public bathhouse
(d) Out on a busy street
3. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
4. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
(a) appoint him to the senate after Haterius left.
(b) build a permanent camp for the Roman Guards.
(c) raise the taxes to pay bonuses to the soldiers.
(d) create a special political office for Sejanus.
5. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) There is an earthquake in Rome.
(b) His statue was struck by lightning.
(c) The planets move into alignment.
(d) His statue was seen to move .
Short Answer Questions
1. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
2. Caligula made all the palace men shave their heads because:
3. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
4. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
5. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)