|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Piso sent to Syria?
(a) To raise more taxes for Rome
(b) To train the troops there
(c) To govern the province
(d) To build a new city
2. In a speech about Tiberius to the Senate, Caligula:
(a) Declares Tiberius to be a God
(b) Calls them cowards and traitors
(c) Executes a Senator for coughing
(d) Pleads for forgiveness from Tiberius
3. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
(a) Tiberius was more decisive, Germanicus was more cautious
(b) Tiberius was a freethinker, Germanicus was devoutly religious
(c) Tiberius was a bad Claudian, while Germanicus was a good one.
(d) Tiberius was loyal to Livia, while Germanicus was loyal to Rome
4. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
(a) He leaves Rome on the advice of Sejanus.
(b) He accuses her of murdering Postumus.
(c) He cultivates a friendship with Agrippina.
(d) He begs her to stop persecuting him.
5. Where did Tiberius live once he left Rome?
(a) In a villa in Pompeii
(b) In the town of Lyons
(c) On the island of Capri
(d) In the city of Capua
Short Answer Questions
1. The Senator Incitatus was:
2. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
3. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
4. Why does Caligula start to become unpopular?
5. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)