|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agrippa?
(a) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
(b) Marcellus's father
(c) Tiberius's first wife
(d) Livia's first husband
2. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
(c) High Priestess to Augustus
(d) Mother of the Country
3. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(b) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(c) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(d) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
4. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Give the most stirring speech
(b) Fight with one of the gladiators
(c) Faint when a gladiator dies
(d) Fall out of the royal box
5. What is Claudius's full name?
(a) Tiberius Claudius Nero Drusus Caesar
(b) Tiberius Claudius Germanicus
(c) Tiberius Claudius
(d) Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
2. What was the outcome of Senator Gallus's trial?
3. What does the name "Caligula" mean?
4. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
5. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)