|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
(b) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
(c) They would have been attacked by the people there.
(d) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
2. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
(a) Tiberius was more decisive, Germanicus was more cautious
(b) Tiberius was a freethinker, Germanicus was devoutly religious
(c) Tiberius was loyal to Livia, while Germanicus was loyal to Rome
(d) Tiberius was a bad Claudian, while Germanicus was a good one.
3. Where was Claudius when Caligula was assassinated?
(a) Waiting for him at the Palace
(b) With Calpurnia, at his small villa
(c) Walking about twenty paces behind him
(d) Sitting in the seats at the theater
4. What does Claudius suspect happened to Drusilla?
(a) She was thrown in the river.
(b) Caligula cut her throat.
(c) Caligula starved her to death.
(d) She ran away to escape her brother.
5. Who wrote most of the satiric songs and poems about Tiberius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
2. Who is Flavius?
3. What trick does Caligula use to cheer Tiberius up?
4. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
5. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)