|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
2. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
(a) He cultivates a friendship with Agrippina.
(b) He leaves Rome on the advice of Sejanus.
(c) He accuses her of murdering Postumus.
(d) He begs her to stop persecuting him.
3. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
(a) A warning about Sejanus's intentions.
(b) A copy of Augustus's letters.
(c) An appointment to join the Senate.
(d) An invitation to dine with her.
4. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(b) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(c) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
(d) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
5. Claudius's nickname of "Teruncius" translates to:
(a) Naughty Goat
(b) One Farthing
(c) Chipped Stone
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pollio's profession?
2. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
3. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
4. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
5. What trick does Caligula use to cheer Tiberius up?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)