|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) Love poems
(b) Livia's book
(d) The Classics
2. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
(a) Nerva simply stops eating one day.
(b) Nerva is killed by Caligula.
(c) Nerva asks to go back to Rome.
(d) Nerva learns the truth about Tiberius.
3. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(b) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
(c) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(d) He is the oldest male left in his family.
4. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(b) Getting appointed to a public position
(c) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
(d) The building of a new library in Rome
5. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
(a) He sends Claudius a book with a hidden message in it.
(b) He asks an old soldier to deliver a verbal message.
(c) He encloses a note in a package of fruit.
(d) He hires a prostitute to pass a letter to Claudius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
2. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
3. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
4. What agreement do Ælia and Claudius come to regarding their marriage?
5. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)