|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(b) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(c) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(d) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
2. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
(a) Long live the Republic!
(b) Poison is Queen!
(c) Poor Postumus!
(d) That's it! I'm a dead man!
3. What does Livia do to embarrass Tiberius?
(a) Publishes his love letters to Vispania
(b) Hires an actor to caracature him in public
(c) Gives a public reading of Augustus's letters
(d) Denounces him in front of the Senate
4. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
(a) Send it to Augustus
(b) Throw it into the fire
(c) Send it back unread
(d) Read it aloud immediately
5. Who is Flavius?
(a) A slave who was captured in Germany.
(b) The brother of the German general, Hermann.
(c) A former general with the German army.
(d) Germanicus's second-in-command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
2. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
3. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
4. Which two people did Claudius advise Agrippina to cultivate as friends?
5. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)