|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
(a) Promises to help her any way that he can
(b) Beats her senseless with a vine sapling
(c) Calls her a traitor and cuts off her head
(d) Tries to seduce her in his bedchamber
2. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
(a) A hired assassin
(b) His brother's wife
(c) His nephew, Caligula
(d) His wife, Urgulanilla
3. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
(a) Poor Postumus!
(b) Poison is Queen!
(c) That's it! I'm a dead man!
(d) Long live the Republic!
4. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
(a) Ten years
(b) Two years
(c) Sixteen years
(d) Eight years
5. Why is Piso sent to Syria?
(a) To build a new city
(b) To govern the province
(c) To train the troops there
(d) To raise more taxes for Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. With Tiberius gone, who was left in charge of the Roman Empire?
2. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
3. What does the name "Caligula" mean?
4. What class of people did Augustus especially distrust?
5. How does Tiberius die?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)