|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
(a) They immediately order punishment.
(b) They hold a long debate on the issue.
(c) They are shocked into silence.
(d) They rise up and refuse to accept it.
2. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
(a) He was the only child to show polite behavior.
(b) He was prone to moods and easily corrupted.
(c) He was not as smart as people thought he was.
(d) He was the only really good child of Germanicus.
3. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they have no true military discipline
(b) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
(c) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(d) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
4. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Faint when a gladiator dies
(b) Fall out of the royal box
(c) Give the most stirring speech
(d) Fight with one of the gladiators
5. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(d) Cassius Chærea
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
2. What really happened to Postumus?
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
4. What finally happens to Plancina?
5. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)