|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
(a) A lamb
(b) An egg
(c) A scroll
(d) A wolf cub
2. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(a) Cassius Chærea
3. What finally happens to Tiberius's body?
(a) It is left to rot on the Island of Capri.
(b) It is thrown into the Tiber like a criminal.
(c) It is half-burned in the town of Atilla.
(d) It is burned on the Mars Field with honors.
4. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
(a) The crowd was too large for the officers to challenge.
(b) The people of Ostia turned on the guards and beat them.
(c) He was unable to land in the harbor because of bad weather.
(d) He was disguised as a sailor and slipped into the crowd.
5. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) One of Pollio's books
(b) A letter from his brother
(c) One of Livy's books
(d) Livia's book
Short Answer Questions
1. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
2. Name all of Julia's husbands.
3. Who is Athenodorus?
4. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
5. Whom does Sejanus arrange for Claudius to marry?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)