|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
2. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
(a) A gift that he claimed was from the people of Syria
(b) A bundle of letters that Tiberius wrote to him
(c) A small, wrapped package about the size of a good-luck charm
(d) A book that he says was Germanicus's personal journal
3. What does Urgulania tell Claudius about her future?
(a) She is due to die this year.
(b) She will see Claudius become emperor.
(c) Her granddaughter will marry the emperor.
(d) She is going to marry a senator.
4. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(b) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(c) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(d) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
5. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
(a) I did not hate him.
(b) He is no fool.
(c) He was the only man I ever loved.
(d) He was much nicer than you would think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
2. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
3. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
4. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
5. What is Claudius's full name?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)