|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Livia poisons him.
(b) Agrippa stabs him.
(c) He dies in battle.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
(a) He begs her to stop persecuting him.
(b) He accuses her of murdering Postumus.
(c) He cultivates a friendship with Agrippina.
(d) He leaves Rome on the advice of Sejanus.
3. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
(a) He orders Tiberius to return at once.
(b) He asks her to join the Vestals.
(c) He helps her divorce Tiberius and remarry.
(d) He orders her to be banished from Rome.
4. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
(a) Tried to kill her
(b) Killed her pony
(c) Committed incest
(d) Locked her in a room
5. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
(a) Tiberius was a freethinker, Germanicus was devoutly religious
(b) Tiberius was loyal to Livia, while Germanicus was loyal to Rome
(c) Tiberius was more decisive, Germanicus was more cautious
(d) Tiberius was a bad Claudian, while Germanicus was a good one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote most of the satiric songs and poems about Tiberius?
2. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
3. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
4. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
5. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)