|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(b) The building of a new library in Rome
(c) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
(d) Getting appointed to a public position
2. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
(a) The people of Ostia turned on the guards and beat them.
(b) The crowd was too large for the officers to challenge.
(c) He was unable to land in the harbor because of bad weather.
(d) He was disguised as a sailor and slipped into the crowd.
3. What, according to Claudius, was a great turning point in Tiberius's reign?
(a) The retirement to Capri
(b) Sejanus banishing Nero
(c) The Senate honoring Sejanus
(d) The death of Livia
4. Why is Piso sent to Syria?
(a) To govern the province
(b) To train the troops there
(c) To raise more taxes for Rome
(d) To build a new city
5. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
2. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
3. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
5. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)