|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) That he had made changes to his will
(b) That he was not interested in being a God
(c) That he had decided to free Postumus
(d) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
2. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) A letter, denouncing him
(b) A bag containing golden coins
(c) A box filled with poisoned food
(d) Her personal physician
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Research information about the Balkan tribes
(b) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
(c) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(d) Write to him about all the political gossip
4. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
(a) The people of Ostia turned on the guards and beat them.
(b) The crowd was too large for the officers to challenge.
(c) He was unable to land in the harbor because of bad weather.
(d) He was disguised as a sailor and slipped into the crowd.
5. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
(a) Chief Priestess to Diana
(b) Mother Confessor for the Vestals
(c) First Daughter of Rome
(d) Second Wife of the Emperor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
2. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
3. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
4. What does Livia call Caligula?
5. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)