|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A group of three men who rule a government
(b) A celebration that takes place after a war
(c) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(d) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
2. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
(a) After the German campaign
(c) After he pays the Balkan troops
(d) Two years later
3. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
4. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
(b) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
(c) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
(d) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
5. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
(a) He was much nicer than you would think.
(b) I did not hate him.
(c) He is no fool.
(d) He was the only man I ever loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
2. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
3. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
4. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)