|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
(a) Tiberius was loyal to Livia, while Germanicus was loyal to Rome
(b) Tiberius was more decisive, Germanicus was more cautious
(c) Tiberius was a bad Claudian, while Germanicus was a good one.
(d) Tiberius was a freethinker, Germanicus was devoutly religious
2. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
(a) A bundle of letters that Tiberius wrote to him
(b) A book that he says was Germanicus's personal journal
(c) A gift that he claimed was from the people of Syria
(d) A small, wrapped package about the size of a good-luck charm
3. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) Screaming and crying
(b) Riding on Cassius's back
(c) Singing a jaunty march
(d) In his mother's arms
4. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(b) Getting appointed to a public position
(c) The building of a new library in Rome
(d) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
5. Why is Piso sent to Syria?
(a) To build a new city
(b) To train the troops there
(c) To govern the province
(d) To raise more taxes for Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
2. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
3. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
4. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
5. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)