|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
(a) Tiberius was a freethinker, Germanicus was devoutly religious
(b) Tiberius was more decisive, Germanicus was more cautious
(c) Tiberius was a bad Claudian, while Germanicus was a good one.
(d) Tiberius was loyal to Livia, while Germanicus was loyal to Rome
2. What disturbs Claudius about Caligula?
(a) Caligula seems to share a secret with Livia.
(b) Caligula spends too much time with Tiberius.
(c) Caligula likes to watch animals being killed.
(d) Caligula spends all his time gambling.
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
(a) Speak to Tiberius on behalf of the regiments
(b) Forge a letter from Tiberius and send it by courier
(c) Steal money from the public purse to pay the soldiers
(d) Secretly send him two hundred thousand gold coins
4. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
5. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
(a) It is a good source of marble.
(b) Most of the troops come from Egypt.
(c) It supplies Rome with corn.
(d) The largest library in the world is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
2. Who is Agrippa?
3. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
4. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
5. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)