|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) Livia's book
(b) A letter from his brother
(c) One of Livy's books
(d) One of Pollio's books
2. Why did Tiberius not visit his son, Castor, before Castor's death?
(a) Thrasyllus warned him against making any trips that week.
(b) Sejanus warned him that it might be a trap to assassinate him.
(c) He thought Castor was making up the illness to get sympathy.
(d) Livia told him that it would look bad if he favored his son.
3. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Livilla and Julilla
(b) Only Livilla
(c) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
(d) Both Livilla and Æmillia
4. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
(a) rescue Postumus from the island himself.
(b) speak to Augustus about the matter.
(c) investigate the death of their father.
(d) make sure that Livia was tried for her crimes.
5. What does Germanicus fear Plancina is doing?
(a) Corrupting his children's discipline
(b) Stealing money from the treasury
(c) Undermining Agrippina's authority
(d) Practicing witchcraft against him
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
2. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
3. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
4. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
5. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)