|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Only Livilla
(b) Both Livilla and Æmillia
(c) Livilla and Julilla
(d) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
2. Where is Germanicus sent after finishing his Consulship?
(a) To oversee the eastern Roman Provinces
(b) North to the Isle of Britain
(c) To the western province of France
(d) Back to command the German frontier
3. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(b) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(c) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
(d) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
4. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) Out on a busy street
(b) At the Imperial Palace
(c) In a public bathhouse
(d) At the Apollo Library
5. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
(b) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(c) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
(d) That they have no true military discipline
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
2. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
3. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
4. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
5. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)