|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
(a) That he was still alive on his island
(b) That he was killed by one of his sailors
(c) That he was really a slave named Clement
(d) That he died in a shipwreck outside Ostia
2. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) That he had decided to free Postumus
(b) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(c) That he had made changes to his will
(d) That he was not interested in being a God
3. Where is Germanicus sent after finishing his Consulship?
(a) To oversee the eastern Roman Provinces
(b) Back to command the German frontier
(c) North to the Isle of Britain
(d) To the western province of France
4. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
(a) She killed herself in her cell.
(b) She was killed by agents of Sejanus.
(c) She was bribed to perjure herself.
(d) Livia sent her away to an island.
5. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) It gives him more political status
(b) He falls in love with her
(c) As a favor to Livia's friend
(d) Augustus asks him to marry her
Short Answer Questions
1. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
2. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
3. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
4. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
5. Whom does Sejanus arrange for Claudius to marry?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)