|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Agrippa stabs him.
(b) He dies in battle.
(c) Livia poisons him.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
(d) Augustus Caesar
3. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
(a) build a permanent camp for the Roman Guards.
(b) create a special political office for Sejanus.
(c) raise the taxes to pay bonuses to the soldiers.
(d) appoint him to the senate after Haterius left.
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Single women have more rights
(b) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(c) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(d) There are no pretty girls left
5. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) One of Pollio's books
(b) Livia's book
(c) One of Livy's books
(d) A letter from his brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
2. What is Caligula's real name?
3. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
4. Who was the Crocodile?
5. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)