|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Germany
(b) In Ostia
(c) In Carthage
(d) In Capua
2. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
(a) He was not as smart as people thought he was.
(b) He was the only child to show polite behavior.
(c) He was prone to moods and easily corrupted.
(d) He was the only really good child of Germanicus.
3. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
(a) make sure that Livia was tried for her crimes.
(b) investigate the death of their father.
(c) rescue Postumus from the island himself.
(d) speak to Augustus about the matter.
4. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(b) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
(c) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
(d) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
5. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Dove and the Hawk
(b) The Quick and the Dead
(c) The Camel and the Elephant
(d) The Bookworm and the Boar
Short Answer Questions
1. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
2. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
3. Whom does Sejanus arrange for Claudius to marry?
4. How long had some of the oldest soldiers served?
5. What is Claudius's full name?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)