|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(b) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(c) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(d) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
2. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(b) He is the oldest male left in his family.
(c) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(d) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
3. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
(a) Stand up to Livilla and get a divorce
(b) Defend Germanicus's children and avenge his death
(c) Investigate the haunting of the house in Antioch
(d) Speak to Tiberius about the behavior of Piso
4. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Quick and the Dead
(b) The Bookworm and the Boar
(c) The Dove and the Hawk
(d) The Camel and the Elephant
5. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
Short Answer Questions
1. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
2. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
3. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
4. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
5. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)