|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
(a) Eight years
(b) Two years
(c) Sixteen years
(d) Ten years
2. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Livia poisons him.
(b) He dies in battle.
(c) Agrippa stabs him.
(d) He commits suicide.
3. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(b) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(c) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(d) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
4. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
(a) Send it to Augustus
(b) Read it aloud immediately
(c) Send it back unread
(d) Throw it into the fire
5. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
2. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
3. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
4. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
5. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)