|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What really happened to Postumus?
(a) He was captured and sent to Eqypt.
(b) He was tortured and then killed.
(c) He agreed to go back to his island.
(d) He gave up his cause and disappeared.
2. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) He falls in love with her
(b) As a favor to Livia's friend
(c) Augustus asks him to marry her
(d) It gives him more political status
3. The key to Livia and Augustus's higher cipher was found in the first chapter of. . .
(a) The Iliad.
(b) Virgil's Æneid.
(c) Ovid's Love Poems.
(d) The Odyssey.
4. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Read a book
(b) Eat a meal
(c) Listen to him talk
(d) Go to sleep
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Ugly
(b) Claudius the Brave
(c) Claudius the Cautious
(d) Claudius the Idiot
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
2. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
3. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
4. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
5. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)