|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
(a) It supplies Rome with corn.
(b) The largest library in the world is there.
(c) Most of the troops come from Egypt.
(d) It is a good source of marble.
2. Why is Piso sent to Syria?
(a) To build a new city
(b) To govern the province
(c) To train the troops there
(d) To raise more taxes for Rome
3. What does Claudius miss most when he is staying in Carthage?
(c) Playing dice
4. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
(b) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
(c) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
(d) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
5. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Athenodorus?
2. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
3. Why did Tiberius not visit his son, Castor, before Castor's death?
4. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
5. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)