|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(a) Cassius Chærea
2. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) There is an earthquake in Rome.
(b) His statue was seen to move .
(c) His statue was struck by lightning.
(d) The planets move into alignment.
3. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
(a) pretending that Postumus has died.
(b) having a slave impersonate Postumus.
(c) killing the soldiers that guarded him.
(d) keeping all news from leaving his island.
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(b) Chief Ponticate
(c) Protector of the People
5. What disturbs Claudius about Caligula?
(a) Caligula spends too much time with Tiberius.
(b) Caligula spends all his time gambling.
(c) Caligula seems to share a secret with Livia.
(d) Caligula likes to watch animals being killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
2. What does Germanicus fear Plancina is doing?
3. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
4. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
5. Who wrote most of the satiric songs and poems about Tiberius?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)