|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote most of the satiric songs and poems about Tiberius?
2. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
3. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
(a) The proper way to write history
(b) Who will succeed Augustus
(c) The Empire and the Republic
(d) Which god is most powerful
4. How does Postumus send word to Claudius that he is alive?
(a) He asks an old soldier to deliver a verbal message.
(b) He hires a prostitute to pass a letter to Claudius.
(c) He encloses a note in a package of fruit.
(d) He sends Claudius a book with a hidden message in it.
5. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) It gives him more political status
(b) He falls in love with her
(c) As a favor to Livia's friend
(d) Augustus asks him to marry her
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
2. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
3. Where is Germanicus sent after finishing his Consulship?
4. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
5. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)