|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) One of Livy's books
(b) A letter from his brother
(c) One of Pollio's books
(d) Livia's book
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(b) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(c) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(d) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
3. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
(b) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
(c) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
(d) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
4. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She marries Claudius.
(b) She is banished.
(c) She is sentenced to death.
(d) She joins the Vestals.
5. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
(a) Mark Antony
Short Answer Questions
1. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
2. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
3. Who is Athenodorus?
4. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
5. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)