|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(b) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
(c) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(d) He is the oldest male left in his family.
2. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Sixty years
(b) Fifty-five years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Forty years
3. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(b) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(c) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(d) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
4. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) Getting appointed to a public position
(b) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
(c) The building of a new library in Rome
(d) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
5. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
(a) Secretly send him two hundred thousand gold coins
(b) Steal money from the public purse to pay the soldiers
(c) Forge a letter from Tiberius and send it by courier
(d) Speak to Tiberius on behalf of the regiments
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
2. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
3. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
4. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
5. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)