|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Bookworm and the Boar
(c) The Quick and the Dead
(d) The Dove and the Hawk
2. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) The Classics
(b) Livia's book
(d) Love poems
3. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(b) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(c) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(d) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
4. How does Marcellus die?
(a) He dies in battle.
(b) Agrippa stabs him.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) Livia poisons him.
5. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
(b) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(c) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(d) He is the oldest male left in his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
2. Who is Athenodorus?
3. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
4. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
5. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)