|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agrippa?
(a) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
(b) Livia's first husband
(c) Marcellus's father
(d) Tiberius's first wife
2. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Forty years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Fifty-five years
(d) Sixty years
3. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) The Classics
(b) Livia's book
(c) Love poems
4. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) A letter, denouncing him
(b) A bag containing golden coins
(c) Her personal physician
(d) A box filled with poisoned food
5. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
(a) reading some letters that Augustus wrote.
(b) grilling Claudius for what he knows about it.
(c) torturing one of Augustus's slaves.
(d) asking the wife of the man who helped Augustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
2. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
3. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
4. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
5. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)