|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
(a) make sure that Livia was tried for her crimes.
(b) investigate the death of their father.
(c) rescue Postumus from the island himself.
(d) speak to Augustus about the matter.
2. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(b) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(c) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(d) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
3. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
4. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) Her personal physician
(b) A box filled with poisoned food
(c) A bag containing golden coins
(d) A letter, denouncing him
5. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
(a) Burn down their own tents and shelters
(b) Murder or drive out most of the captains
(c) Get drunk on wine captured from the Germans
(d) March on Rome with their swords raised
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
2. When Tiberius adopts Germanicus, Claudius's brother is brought into which family?
3. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
4. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
5. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)