|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) As a favor to Livia's friend
(b) It gives him more political status
(c) Augustus asks him to marry her
(d) He falls in love with her
2. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) One of Livy's books
(b) One of Pollio's books
(c) A letter from his brother
(d) Livia's book
3. What is Pollio's profession?
4. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Forty years
(b) Sixty years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Fifty-five years
5. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(b) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(c) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(d) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudius's full name?
2. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
3. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
4. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
5. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)