|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She favors him.
(b) She disowns him.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She dotes on him.
2. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(a) Chief Ponticate
(b) Protector of the People
3. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(b) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(c) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(d) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
4. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
(a) An egg
(b) A wolf cub
(c) A scroll
(d) A lamb
5. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Fight with one of the gladiators
(b) Give the most stirring speech
(c) Fall out of the royal box
(d) Faint when a gladiator dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
2. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
3. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
4. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
5. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)