|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Listen to him talk
(b) Go to sleep
(c) Read a book
(d) Eat a meal
2. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Bookworm and the Boar
(c) The Quick and the Dead
(d) The Dove and the Hawk
3. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
(a) father a child with her.
(b) move back into her bedroom.
(c) have an affair with Vipsania.
(d) exile himself from Rome.
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(b) There are no pretty girls left
(c) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(d) Single women have more rights
5. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She favors him.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She disowns him.
(d) She dotes on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
2. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
3. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
4. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
5. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)