|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
(a) He orders her to be banished from Rome.
(b) He asks her to join the Vestals.
(c) He orders Tiberius to return at once.
(d) He helps her divorce Tiberius and remarry.
2. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(b) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(c) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(d) Several uprisings led by former slaves
3. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
4. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A group of three men who rule a government
(b) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(c) A celebration that takes place after a war
(d) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
5. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Quick and the Dead
(b) The Dove and the Hawk
(c) The Bookworm and the Boar
(d) The Camel and the Elephant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
2. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
3. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
4. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
5. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)