|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(b) Come back to Germany and help fight
(c) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(d) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
2. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) At the Apollo Library
(b) In a public bathhouse
(c) Out on a busy street
(d) At the Imperial Palace
3. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
(a) have an affair with Vipsania.
(b) move back into her bedroom.
(c) father a child with her.
(d) exile himself from Rome.
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(c) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(d) Single women have more rights
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Brave
(b) Claudius the Ugly
(c) Claudius the Cautious
(d) Claudius the Idiot
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
2. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
3. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
4. How does Marcellus die?
5. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)