|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(b) Come back to Germany and help fight
(c) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
(d) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
2. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(b) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(c) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(d) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
3. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
4. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Idiot
(b) Claudius the Cautious
(c) Claudius the Ugly
(d) Claudius the Brave
5. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
(b) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(c) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
(d) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
2. What is Pollio's profession?
3. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
4. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)