|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(b) Come back to Germany and help fight
(c) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(d) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
2. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) He is the oldest male left in his family.
(b) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(c) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(d) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
3. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(b) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
(c) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
(d) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
4. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Read a book
(b) Listen to him talk
(c) Go to sleep
(d) Eat a meal
5. Who is Athenodorus?
(a) Antonia's new husband
(b) Claudius's favorite tutor
(c) Claudius's best friend
(d) Antonia's steward
Short Answer Questions
1. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
2. What is Pollio's profession?
3. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
4. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
5. How does Marcellus die?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)