|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) Livia's book
(b) The Classics
(c) Love poems
2. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
(b) A group of three men who rule a government
(c) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(d) A celebration that takes place after a war
3. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(b) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
(c) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
(d) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
4. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Eat a meal
(b) Read a book
(c) Go to sleep
(d) Listen to him talk
5. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
(a) A wolf cub
(b) A lamb
(c) A scroll
(d) An egg
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
2. What is Claudius's full name?
3. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
4. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
5. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)