|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Bookworm and the Boar
(b) The Camel and the Elephant
(c) The Quick and the Dead
(d) The Dove and the Hawk
2. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Livilla and Julilla
(b) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
(c) Both Livilla and Æmillia
(d) Only Livilla
3. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
(b) A group of three men who rule a government
(c) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(d) A celebration that takes place after a war
4. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
(b) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(c) He is the oldest male left in his family.
(d) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
5. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Come back to Germany and help fight
(b) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
(c) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(d) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
Short Answer Questions
1. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
2. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
3. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
4. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
5. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)