|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Both Livilla and Æmillia
(b) Only Livilla
(c) Livilla and Julilla
(d) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
2. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) As a favor to Livia's friend
(b) Augustus asks him to marry her
(c) It gives him more political status
(d) He falls in love with her
3. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(b) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(c) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(d) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
4. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(b) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
(c) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
(d) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
5. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
(a) Claudius is standing straighter.
(b) The large audience loves Claudius.
(c) Claudius does not stammer.
(d) The speech goes on for two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
2. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
3. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
4. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
5. What is Pollio's profession?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)