|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(b) A celebration that takes place after a war
(c) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
(d) A group of three men who rule a government
2. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
(b) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
(c) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(d) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
3. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Come back to Germany and help fight
(b) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(c) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
(d) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
4. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Dove and the Hawk
(c) The Quick and the Dead
(d) The Bookworm and the Boar
5. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Livia's first husband
(b) Marcellus's father
(c) Tiberius's first wife
(d) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
2. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
3. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
4. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
5. Name all of Julia's husbands.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)