|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Agrippa stabs him.
(b) Livia poisons him.
(c) He dies in battle.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(b) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(c) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(d) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
3. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
(a) Mother Confessor for the Vestals
(b) First Daughter of Rome
(c) Second Wife of the Emperor
(d) Chief Priestess to Diana
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(d) Marrying the wrong family risks death
5. What is Claudius's full name?
(a) Tiberius Claudius Germanicus
(b) Tiberius Claudius Nero Drusus Caesar
(c) Tiberius Claudius
(d) Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus
Short Answer Questions
1. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
2. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
3. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
4. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
5. Name all of Julia's husbands.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)