|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Marcellus's father
(b) Livia's first husband
(c) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
(d) Tiberius's first wife
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(b) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(c) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(d) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
3. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She despises him.
(b) She disowns him.
(c) She favors him.
(d) She dotes on him.
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(d) Marrying the wrong family risks death
5. What is Pollio's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
2. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
3. Name all of Julia's husbands.
4. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)