|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) He falls in love with her
(b) As a favor to Livia's friend
(c) Augustus asks him to marry her
(d) It gives him more political status
2. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(d) There are no pretty girls left
3. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Cautious
(b) Claudius the Idiot
(c) Claudius the Ugly
(d) Claudius the Brave
4. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
(a) exile himself from Rome.
(b) father a child with her.
(c) have an affair with Vipsania.
(d) move back into her bedroom.
5. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
(b) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(c) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
(d) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
2. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
3. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
4. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
5. How does Marcellus die?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)