|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(b) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(c) There are no pretty girls left
(d) Single women have more rights
2. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Bookworm and the Boar
(b) The Quick and the Dead
(c) The Dove and the Hawk
(d) The Camel and the Elephant
3. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
(a) He asks her to join the Vestals.
(b) He orders her to be banished from Rome.
(c) He orders Tiberius to return at once.
(d) He helps her divorce Tiberius and remarry.
4. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) A box filled with poisoned food
(b) A bag containing golden coins
(c) Her personal physician
(d) A letter, denouncing him
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Cautious
(b) Claudius the Brave
(c) Claudius the Idiot
(d) Claudius the Ugly
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Athenodorus?
2. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
3. What is Claudius actually reading?
4. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)