|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Dove and the Hawk
(c) The Bookworm and the Boar
(d) The Quick and the Dead
2. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(b) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(c) Come back to Germany and help fight
(d) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
3. Who is Athenodorus?
(a) Antonia's new husband
(b) Claudius's favorite tutor
(c) Claudius's best friend
(d) Antonia's steward
4. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She despises him.
(b) She disowns him.
(c) She dotes on him.
(d) She favors him.
5. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
(a) father a child with her.
(b) have an affair with Vipsania.
(c) exile himself from Rome.
(d) move back into her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
2. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
3. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
4. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)