|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia demand Claudius do to Urgulanilla's baby?
(a) Expose it on a hillside
(b) Adopt it as his own
(c) Sell it into slavery
(d) Strangle it in the cradle
2. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
(a) Nerva asks to go back to Rome.
(b) Nerva is killed by Caligula.
(c) Nerva learns the truth about Tiberius.
(d) Nerva simply stops eating one day.
3. Whom does Sejanus arrange for Claudius to marry?
(a) His daughter, Julilla
(b) His former wife, Apicata
(c) A friend of his named Paulina
(d) His step-sister, Ælia
4. Who was the Crocodile?
(a) One of the Roman Guards at the Imperial palace.
(b) One of the men who guarded Postumus on the island.
(c) A helpful librarian at the temple of Apollo in Rome.
(d) A freedman who had worked for Postumus's father.
5. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(b) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
(c) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
(d) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
2. What really happened to Postumus?
3. Name all of Julia's husbands.
4. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
5. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)