|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
(a) Nerva simply stops eating one day.
(b) Nerva learns the truth about Tiberius.
(c) Nerva is killed by Caligula.
(d) Nerva asks to go back to Rome.
2. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) That he had made changes to his will
(b) That he was not interested in being a God
(c) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(d) That he had decided to free Postumus
3. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
(b) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
(c) That they have no true military discipline
(d) That they will keep fighting to the very end
4. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
5. What class of people did Augustus especially distrust?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
2. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
3. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
4. With Tiberius gone, who was left in charge of the Roman Empire?
5. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)