|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agreement do Ælia and Claudius come to regarding their marriage?
(a) That they will divorce in two years
(b) That they will survive Tiberius
(c) That they will live together
(d) That they will not have sex with each other
2. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) Her personal physician
(b) A box filled with poisoned food
(c) A bag containing golden coins
(d) A letter, denouncing him
3. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(b) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(c) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
(d) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
4. Who was the Crocodile?
(a) One of the men who guarded Postumus on the island.
(b) A helpful librarian at the temple of Apollo in Rome.
(c) One of the Roman Guards at the Imperial palace.
(d) A freedman who had worked for Postumus's father.
5. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pollio's profession?
2. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
3. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
4. What is Caligula's real name?
5. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)