|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Flavius?
(a) A former general with the German army.
(b) The brother of the German general, Hermann.
(c) Germanicus's second-in-command.
(d) A slave who was captured in Germany.
2. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) Out on a busy street
(b) At the Imperial Palace
(c) At the Apollo Library
(d) In a public bathhouse
3. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
(a) He is no fool.
(b) I did not hate him.
(c) He was the only man I ever loved.
(d) He was much nicer than you would think.
4. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) Livia's book
(b) One of Pollio's books
(c) A letter from his brother
(d) One of Livy's books
5. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(c) Single women have more rights
(d) Marrying the wrong family risks death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
2. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
3. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
4. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
5. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)