|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Marcellus's father
(b) Livia's first husband
(c) Tiberius's first wife
(d) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
2. One of Caligula's first acts is to:
(a) Dissolve the Senate
(b) Declare a general amnesty
(c) Declare war on Carthage
(d) Make his grandmother a Goddess
3. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(b) That he had decided to free Postumus
(c) That he was not interested in being a God
(d) That he had made changes to his will
4. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
(a) Persuade Piso to kill himself before the trial ends
(b) Get the incriminating letter that Livia wrote to Piso
(c) Use her witchcraft to kill Agrippina and her children
(d) To leave Rome and return to Syria after Piso's death
5. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they have no true military discipline
(b) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(c) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
(d) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
2. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
3. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
4. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
5. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)