|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Antonia die?
(a) She stabbed herself with a dagger.
(b) She threw herself off a cliff.
(c) She starved herself to death.
(d) She drank poison in her wine.
2. What agreement do Ælia and Claudius come to regarding their marriage?
(a) That they will live together
(b) That they will not have sex with each other
(c) That they will survive Tiberius
(d) That they will divorce in two years
3. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
(a) Thirty-five years old
(b) Twenty years old
(c) Twenty-five years old
(d) Thirty years old
4. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
(a) The fiercest soldier in the group
(b) A mascot bird kept in a cage
(c) A marching song that the soldiers sang
(d) The military ensign of the regiment
5. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(b) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(c) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(d) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
2. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
3. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
4. What finally happens to Plancina?
5. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)