|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
(a) He cultivates a friendship with Agrippina.
(b) He leaves Rome on the advice of Sejanus.
(c) He begs her to stop persecuting him.
(d) He accuses her of murdering Postumus.
2. What does the name "Caligula" mean?
(a) Little Emperor
(b) Little Boots
(c) Little Dancer
(d) Little General
3. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(b) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(c) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(d) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
4. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Livia's first husband
(b) Marcellus's father
(c) Tiberius's first wife
(d) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
5. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
(a) A small, wrapped package about the size of a good-luck charm
(b) A book that he says was Germanicus's personal journal
(c) A bundle of letters that Tiberius wrote to him
(d) A gift that he claimed was from the people of Syria
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement do Ælia and Claudius come to regarding their marriage?
2. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
3. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
4. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
5. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)