|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(b) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(c) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(d) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
2. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
3. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) A letter from his brother
(b) One of Pollio's books
(c) Livia's book
(d) One of Livy's books
4. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
(a) Locked her in a room
(b) Killed her pony
(c) Committed incest
(d) Tried to kill her
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(b) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(c) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(d) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
2. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
3. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
5. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)