|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(b) Protector of the People
(c) Chief Ponticate
2. What agreement do Ælia and Claudius come to regarding their marriage?
(a) That they will survive Tiberius
(b) That they will live together
(c) That they will not have sex with each other
(d) That they will divorce in two years
3. What does Livia demand Claudius do to Urgulanilla's baby?
(a) Sell it into slavery
(b) Expose it on a hillside
(c) Adopt it as his own
(d) Strangle it in the cradle
4. What does Sejanus advise Claudius not to do?
(a) Get married again too soon
(b) Divorce his wife Urgulanilla
(c) Spend too much time with Agrippina
(d) Bet on the Leek Green chariot team
5. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) Single women have more rights
(b) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
(c) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(d) There are no pretty girls left
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Postumus not arrested at Ostia?
2. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
3. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
4. With Tiberius gone, who was left in charge of the Roman Empire?
5. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)