|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(b) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(c) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(d) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(b) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(c) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(d) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
3. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
4. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
(a) Which god is most powerful
(b) The proper way to write history
(c) The Empire and the Republic
(d) Who will succeed Augustus
5. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Both Livilla and Æmillia
(b) Livilla and Julilla
(c) Only Livilla
(d) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
2. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
3. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
4. What is Claudius actually reading?
5. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)