|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
(a) reading some letters that Augustus wrote.
(b) asking the wife of the man who helped Augustus.
(c) grilling Claudius for what he knows about it.
(d) torturing one of Augustus's slaves.
2. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Come back to Germany and help fight
(b) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(c) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
(d) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
3. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(b) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(c) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(d) Several uprisings led by former slaves
4. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) A box filled with poisoned food
(b) Her personal physician
(c) A letter, denouncing him
(d) A bag containing golden coins
5. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Forty years
(b) Sixty years
(c) Fifty-five years
(d) Twenty years
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudius actually reading?
2. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
3. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
4. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
5. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)