|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(b) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(c) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(d) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
2. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) Out on a busy street
(b) At the Imperial Palace
(c) At the Apollo Library
(d) In a public bathhouse
3. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
(a) Send it to Augustus
(b) Throw it into the fire
(c) Send it back unread
(d) Read it aloud immediately
4. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
5. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Faint when a gladiator dies
(b) Fall out of the royal box
(c) Give the most stirring speech
(d) Fight with one of the gladiators
Short Answer Questions
1. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
2. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
3. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
4. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
5. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)