|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
(a) Send it to Augustus
(b) Read it aloud immediately
(c) Throw it into the fire
(d) Send it back unread
2. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
(a) killing the soldiers that guarded him.
(b) pretending that Postumus has died.
(c) having a slave impersonate Postumus.
(d) keeping all news from leaving his island.
3. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
(a) Poor Postumus!
(b) That's it! I'm a dead man!
(c) Poison is Queen!
(d) Long live the Republic!
4. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Livilla and Julilla
(b) Only Livilla
(c) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
(d) Both Livilla and Æmillia
5. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) Love poems
(b) The Classics
(d) Livia's book
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
2. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
3. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
4. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
5. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)