|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
2. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(b) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(c) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(d) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
3. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) A letter from his brother
(b) One of Pollio's books
(c) One of Livy's books
(d) Livia's book
4. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
(a) Faint when a gladiator dies
(b) Fight with one of the gladiators
(c) Fall out of the royal box
(d) Give the most stirring speech
5. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) It gives him more political status
(b) He falls in love with her
(c) As a favor to Livia's friend
(d) Augustus asks him to marry her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
2. Name all of Julia's husbands.
3. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
4. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
5. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)