|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(b) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(c) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(d) The fact that everyone is related to each other
2. How does Marcellus die?
(a) Agrippa stabs him.
(b) He dies in battle.
(c) Livia poisons him.
(d) He commits suicide.
3. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(d) Cassius Chærea
4. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
5. Who is Agrippa?
(a) Marcellus's father
(b) Tiberius's first wife
(c) Livia's first husband
(d) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
2. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
3. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
4. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
5. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)