|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Single women have more rights
(c) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(d) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
2. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) Livia's book
(b) One of Pollio's books
(c) One of Livy's books
(d) A letter from his brother
3. Name all of Julia's husbands.
(a) Marcellus and Drusus
(b) Agrippa and Tiberius
(c) Marcellus, Agrippa, and Tiberius
(d) Agrippa, Tiberius, and Drusus
4. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
(a) At the Imperial Palace
(b) At the Apollo Library
(c) In a public bathhouse
(d) Out on a busy street
5. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Forty years
(c) Fifty-five years
(d) Sixty years
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcellus die?
2. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
3. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
4. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
5. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)