|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
(a) The Classics
(b) Love poems
(c) Livia's book
2. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
(a) killing the soldiers that guarded him.
(b) keeping all news from leaving his island.
(c) having a slave impersonate Postumus.
(d) pretending that Postumus has died.
3. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) Augustus asks him to marry her
(b) He falls in love with her
(c) As a favor to Livia's friend
(d) It gives him more political status
4. Who is Agrippa?
(a) A longtime friend and advisor to Augustus
(b) Tiberius's first wife
(c) Marcellus's father
(d) Livia's first husband
5. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
(a) grilling Claudius for what he knows about it.
(b) asking the wife of the man who helped Augustus.
(c) torturing one of Augustus's slaves.
(d) reading some letters that Augustus wrote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
2. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
3. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
4. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
5. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)