|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
(a) Send it to Augustus
(b) Throw it into the fire
(c) Send it back unread
(d) Read it aloud immediately
2. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) As a favor to Livia's friend
(b) Augustus asks him to marry her
(c) He falls in love with her
(d) It gives him more political status
3. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Fifty-five years
(b) Sixty years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Forty years
4. With Postumus gone, who is the sole heir to Augustus's crown?
5. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
(a) killing the soldiers that guarded him.
(b) keeping all news from leaving his island.
(c) pretending that Postumus has died.
(d) having a slave impersonate Postumus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
2. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
3. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
4. What is Claudius actually reading?
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)