|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(b) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(c) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
(d) Several uprisings led by former slaves
2. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
3. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
(a) He falls in love with her
(b) As a favor to Livia's friend
(c) It gives him more political status
(d) Augustus asks him to marry her
4. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(b) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(c) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(d) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
5. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
(a) Both Livilla and Æmillia
(b) Æmillia and Urgulanilla
(c) Livilla and Julilla
(d) Only Livilla
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
2. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
3. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
4. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
5. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)