|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they have no true military discipline
(b) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(c) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
(d) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
2. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(b) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(c) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(d) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
3. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
(a) Just outside the Senate building
(b) Seeing Agrippina off at the harbor
(c) Eating dinner with Tiberius
(d) Returning to Rome from his villa
4. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
5. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(b) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(c) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
(d) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
2. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
3. Who is Flavius?
4. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
5. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)