|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) Getting appointed to a public position
(b) The building of a new library in Rome
(c) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(d) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
2. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Carthage
(b) In Germany
(c) In Ostia
(d) In Capua
3. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
(a) He is banished to a very small, rocky island.
(b) He is imprisoned in an attic in the Palace.
(c) He is told to take command of the troops in Germany.
(d) He becomes one of Tiberius's trusted advisors.
4. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(b) Write to him about all the political gossip
(c) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
(d) Research information about the Balkan tribes
5. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
(b) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(c) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
(d) That they have no true military discipline
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Flavius?
2. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
3. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
4. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
5. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)