|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
(a) Naming him his successor
(b) Marrying him to Livilla's daughter
(c) Marrying him to Livilla
(d) Giving him a large pension
2. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(b) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
(c) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(d) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
3. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
4. Who is Flavius?
(a) The brother of the German general, Hermann.
(b) A slave who was captured in Germany.
(c) Germanicus's second-in-command.
(d) A former general with the German army.
5. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
2. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
3. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
4. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
5. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)