|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) The building of a new library in Rome
(b) Getting appointed to a public position
(c) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(d) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
2. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Write to him about all the political gossip
(b) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
(c) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(d) Research information about the Balkan tribes
3. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
(a) They are shocked into silence.
(b) They hold a long debate on the issue.
(c) They immediately order punishment.
(d) They rise up and refuse to accept it.
4. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(b) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(c) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(d) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
5. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
(a) How long it takes the news to reach Tiberius
(b) How old her corpse looks on the pyre
(c) How much worse Tiberius begins to act
(d) How much people loved his grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
2. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
3. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
4. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
5. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)