|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(b) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(c) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
(d) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
2. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
(a) How old her corpse looks on the pyre
(b) How long it takes the news to reach Tiberius
(c) How much worse Tiberius begins to act
(d) How much people loved his grandmother
3. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
4. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
(a) Calls her a traitor and cuts off her head
(b) Promises to help her any way that he can
(c) Tries to seduce her in his bedchamber
(d) Beats her senseless with a vine sapling
5. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
(b) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
(c) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(d) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
2. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
3. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
4. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
5. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)