|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
(a) Naming him his successor
(b) Giving him a large pension
(c) Marrying him to Livilla
(d) Marrying him to Livilla's daughter
2. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(b) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(c) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
(d) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
3. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(b) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(c) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(d) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
4. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
5. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
(a) Calls her a traitor and cuts off her head
(b) Beats her senseless with a vine sapling
(c) Tries to seduce her in his bedchamber
(d) Promises to help her any way that he can
Short Answer Questions
1. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
2. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
3. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
4. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
5. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)