|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
(b) That they have no true military discipline
(c) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(d) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
2. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
3. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) The building of a new library in Rome
(b) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(c) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
(d) Getting appointed to a public position
4. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Research information about the Balkan tribes
(b) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(c) Write to him about all the political gossip
(d) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
5. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
(a) Marrying him to Livilla's daughter
(b) Naming him his successor
(c) Marrying him to Livilla
(d) Giving him a large pension
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
2. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
3. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
4. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
5. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)