|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
(b) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(c) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
(d) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
2. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She joins the Vestals.
(b) She is sentenced to death.
(c) She is banished.
(d) She marries Claudius.
3. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Ostia
(b) In Capua
(c) In Germany
(d) In Carthage
4. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
(b) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
(c) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(d) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
5. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(b) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(c) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(d) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
2. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
3. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
4. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
5. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)