|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
(a) How long it takes the news to reach Tiberius
(b) How old her corpse looks on the pyre
(c) How much people loved his grandmother
(d) How much worse Tiberius begins to act
2. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Carthage
(b) In Ostia
(c) In Capua
(d) In Germany
3. Who is Flavius?
(a) A former general with the German army.
(b) A slave who was captured in Germany.
(c) Germanicus's second-in-command.
(d) The brother of the German general, Hermann.
4. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
(a) He is banished to a very small, rocky island.
(b) He is told to take command of the troops in Germany.
(c) He becomes one of Tiberius's trusted advisors.
(d) He is imprisoned in an attic in the Palace.
5. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
(b) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
(c) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(d) That they have no true military discipline
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
2. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
3. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
4. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
5. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)