|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
(a) Promises to help her any way that he can
(b) Calls her a traitor and cuts off her head
(c) Tries to seduce her in his bedchamber
(d) Beats her senseless with a vine sapling
2. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
(a) Seeing Agrippina off at the harbor
(b) Eating dinner with Tiberius
(c) Just outside the Senate building
(d) Returning to Rome from his villa
3. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
(b) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
(c) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
(d) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
4. Who is Flavius?
(a) A former general with the German army.
(b) Germanicus's second-in-command.
(c) A slave who was captured in Germany.
(d) The brother of the German general, Hermann.
5. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
(a) They rise up and refuse to accept it.
(b) They are shocked into silence.
(c) They immediately order punishment.
(d) They hold a long debate on the issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
2. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
3. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
4. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
5. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)