|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
(a) He receives word that his eldest son has died suddenly.
(b) His entire transport fleet of soldiers is scattered in a storm.
(c) His treasonous letters to Claudius are intercepted by Livia.
(d) He loses two regiments in a surprise attack by the Germans.
2. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(b) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(c) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
(d) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
3. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
(a) How much people loved his grandmother
(b) How old her corpse looks on the pyre
(c) How much worse Tiberius begins to act
(d) How long it takes the news to reach Tiberius
4. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
(a) One hundred
5. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Germany
(b) In Carthage
(c) In Capua
(d) In Ostia
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
2. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
3. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
4. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
5. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)