|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
(a) He was framed by Livia for insurrection and banished.
(b) He wants to do research at the Library at Alexandria.
(c) His nephews beg him to help them remove their governor.
(d) He feels that he would be happier living outside of Rome.
2. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
(a) He is imprisoned in an attic in the Palace.
(b) He is banished to a very small, rocky island.
(c) He is told to take command of the troops in Germany.
(d) He becomes one of Tiberius's trusted advisors.
3. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
(a) That they will keep fighting to the very end
(b) That they have no true military discipline
(c) That they can be distracted by the smell of beer
(d) That they are frightened by the screams of eagles
4. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She marries Claudius.
(b) She is sentenced to death.
(c) She joins the Vestals.
(d) She is banished.
5. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
2. Who is Flavius?
3. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
4. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
5. What bad luck befalls Germanicus right after his successful battles?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)