|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
(a) He recaptures one of the three lost Eagles.
(b) He captures the mother of Flavius, ensuring his loyalty.
(c) He finds enough gold to finance fighting for another year.
(d) He is able to rescue a legion of captured Roman soldiers.
2. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
(a) They immediately order punishment.
(b) They are shocked into silence.
(c) They hold a long debate on the issue.
(d) They rise up and refuse to accept it.
3. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
(a) He is told to take command of the troops in Germany.
(b) He is imprisoned in an attic in the Palace.
(c) He is banished to a very small, rocky island.
(d) He becomes one of Tiberius's trusted advisors.
4. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
(a) In Carthage
(b) In Germany
(c) In Capua
(d) In Ostia
5. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
(d) One hundred
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
2. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
3. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
4. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
5. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)