Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* Claudius writes his autobiography for future generations.
* Claudius recalls two prophecies which have or will come to pass.
* Claudius is born with physical disabilities. He is considered a mental idiot.
* Claudius describes his lineage from Mark Antony and Octavia and Tiberius Claudius Nero and Livia.
* Claudius relates how the Triumvirate of Augustus Caesar, Mark Antony, and Pompey became a benign dictatorship under Augustus Caesar.
* Augustus becomes dominated by his wife, Livia.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* Marcellus and Agrippa become rival successors to Augustus.
* Livia poisons Marcellus after he marries Julia.
* Agrippa marries Augustus's daughter, Julia, then dies.
* Livia's son, Tiberius, marries Julia.
* Claudius compares his father and Tiberius as military leaders.
* Drusus urges Tiberius to help him restore the Republic.
* Drusus dies under the care of Livia's physician.
* Tiberius suspects Livia of killing his brother, but binds himself to her in order to become Caesar.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)