Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Claudius writes his autobiography for future generations.
• Claudius recalls two prophecies which have or will come to pass.
• Claudius is born with physical disabilities. He is considered a mental idiot.
• Claudius describes his lineage from Mark Antony and Octavia and Tiberius Claudius Nero and Livia.
• Claudius relates how the Triumvirate of Augustus Caesar, Mark Antony, and Pompey became a benign dictatorship under Augustus Caesar.
• Augustus becomes dominated by his wife, Livia.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Marcellus and Agrippa become rival successors to Augustus.
• Livia poisons Marcellus after he marries Julia.
• Agrippa marries Augustus's daughter, Julia, then dies.
• Livia's son, Tiberius, marries Julia.
• Claudius compares his father and Tiberius as military leaders.
• Drusus urges Tiberius to help him restore the Republic.
• Drusus dies under the care of Livia's physician.
• Tiberius suspects Livia of killing his brother, but binds himself to her in order to become Caesar.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)