|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incomprehensible boast of the artist's does the impresario mention to the public?
(a) That he is hungry.
(b) That he wants freedom.
(c) That he could fast longer.
(d) That he wants a wife.
2. What does the impresario bring out to show the audience?
(a) Photographs of the artist eating.
(b) Souvenir post cards.
(c) Photographs of the healthy artist.
(d) Photographs of the nearly dead artist.
3. Everywhere, "as if by secret agreement, a positive ______ from professional fasting was in evidence."
4. By how many has the hunger artist been applauded in his time?
5. Time and time again in good faith the artist stands by the bars doing what?
(a) Screaming madly.
(b) Listening to the impresario.
(c) Feeling in agony.
(d) Crying like a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes leave of the impresario?
2. What does the impresario claim to praise of the artist to the public?
3. Who can hardly understand the artist's temperament, according to the impresario?
4. What surrounds the artist's cage at the circus?
5. "At first he could hardly wait for the _____; it was exhilarating to watch the crowds come streaming his way."
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)