|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rare stroke of luck the artist encounters at the circus?
(a) A poor soul drops him bread.
(b) A father stops with his children.
(c) An animal is freed.
(d) He is fed.
2. People might have stayed longer at the artist's cage at the circus but for what?
(a) The lack of a manager.
(b) The screaming of the children.
(c) The crowds on the gangway.
(d) The money necessary.
3. What surrounds the artist's cage at the circus?
(c) Bright placards.
4. Why does the impresario suggest the artist's behavior is to be excused?
(a) His dampened spirit.
(b) His god-like purity.
(c) His need of sleep.
(d) Irritability due to fasting.
5. "The pampered hunger artist suddenly found himself deserted one day by the _____________."
(c) Amusement seekers.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A large _____ with its enormous traffic in replacing and recruiting men, animals and apparatus can always find use for people at any time."
2. "At first he could hardly wait for the _____; it was exhilarating to watch the crowds come streaming his way."
3. What is the hunger artist stationed next to at the circus?
4. By how many has the hunger artist been applauded in his time?
5. Who takes leave of the impresario?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)