|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sight of the crowds remain the best to the artist at the circus?
(a) The first sight in the distance.
(b) The sight of them peering close.
(c) The sight as they left.
(d) The sight of their tears.
2. What cannot hold out against the fact that the crowds are on their way only to the menagerie?
(a) Manic necessity.
(b) Obstinate self-deception.
(c) Innate unknowing.
(d) Desperate facade.
3. When does the lack of interest of the public seem to take hold?
(a) Gradually over years.
(b) As the tightrope walkers enter.
(c) As the radio is introduced.
(d) Almost overnight.
4. What always unnerves the artist and proves too much for him?
(a) The undying hunger.
(b) The impresario's perversion of the truth.
(c) The audience's whispering.
(d) The impresario's presence.
5. How does the impresario feel about his method of punishments?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He feels obligated.
(c) He longs for it.
(d) He enjoys it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hunger artist stationed next to at the circus?
2. What is the rare stroke of luck the artist encounters at the circus?
3. According to the narrator, it is not only the artist that is taken on but what as well?
4. Those who want to stare at the artist at the circus do so not out of interest, but out of what?
5. Where could the hunger artist barely show himself?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)