|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who want to stare at the artist at the circus do so not out of interest, but out of what?
(a) Leering loathing.
(b) Obstinate self-assertiveness.
(c) Stubborn desire.
(d) Seething self-righteousness.
2. Of the two factions who fight around the artist's cage, which does he grow to dislike more?
(a) The ones who want to feed him.
(b) The ones who fight for the better view.
(c) The ones who want to stop and stare.
(d) The ones who want past.
3. Who takes leave of the impresario?
(a) The midwife.
(b) The musician.
(c) The hunger artist.
(d) The beggar.
4. Why is the artist's troubled spirit all the more troubled?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) No one takes his trouble seriously.
(c) For constant hunger.
(d) His utter loneliness.
5. Why does the hunger artist avoid reading the contract?
(a) To save himself money.
(b) Because he couldn't read.
(c) Because he had no manager.
(d) To spare his own feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the impresario feel about his method of punishments?
2. What, in his zeal, does the hunger artist conveniently forget in talking to the circus professionals?
3. What do the stragglers do when passing the artist's cage in the circus?
4. What incomprehensible boast of the artist's does the impresario mention to the public?
5. Under what circumstances does the circus make use of the hunger artist?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)