|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Time and time again in good faith the artist stands by the bars doing what?
(a) Listening to the impresario.
(b) Crying like a child.
(c) Screaming madly.
(d) Feeling in agony.
2. How does the impresario feel about his method of punishments?
(a) He feels obligated.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He longs for it.
3. What does the impresario bring out to show the audience?
(a) Photographs of the healthy artist.
(b) Photographs of the nearly dead artist.
(c) Photographs of the artist eating.
(d) Souvenir post cards.
4. "Those, whom nothing could have prevented from stopping to look at him ________, raced past with long strides."
(a) As long as they had breath.
(b) For their children's sake.
(c) For the artist's sake.
(d) If they so wanted.
5. Why does the impresario suggest the artist's behavior is to be excused?
(a) His need of sleep.
(b) His god-like purity.
(c) Irritability due to fasting.
(d) His dampened spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the audiences do once the artist collapses into the straw with a groan?
2. What does the impresario sell to the audience?
3. "A large _____ with its enormous traffic in replacing and recruiting men, animals and apparatus can always find use for people at any time."
4. When the great rush is past, who comes along the cage at the circus?
5. When does the lack of interest of the public seem to take hold?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)