|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the impresario hurry the artist to discover where interest might lay?
(a) All over Europe.
(b) To Asia.
(c) To America.
(d) To Africa.
2. Under what circumstances does the circus make use of the hunger artist?
(a) He behaves.
(b) He doesn't ask much.
(c) He is not paid.
(d) He feeds the animals.
3. What faction fights against those who want to look at the artist at the circus?
(a) Those who manage him.
(b) Those who want past to the animals.
(c) Those who want to kill him.
(d) Those who want a better view.
4. How is the artist's performance affected by his advancing age?
(a) It is more desperate.
(b) It is more difficult.
(c) It is not impaired.
(d) It is easier.
5. What is one reason the hunger artist cannot adopt another profession?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He can't read.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) He is unskilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. The passing father might tell his children of "earlier years when he had watched similar but ___________ performances."
2. What is the rare stroke of luck the artist encounters at the circus?
3. How does the impresario punish the artist's rages?
4. "The pampered hunger artist suddenly found himself deserted one day by the _____________."
5. What surrounds the artist's cage at the circus?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)