|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the hunger artist often just a joke that happens to be in fashion?
(a) The women.
(b) The children.
(c) The elders.
(d) The priests.
2. What is the only item of furniture in the cage?
(a) A bed.
(b) A clock.
(c) A chair.
(d) A desk.
3. What do most of the watchers think the artist is looking for?
4. The ladies who help the artist down are apparently so friendly and in reality are so what?
5. When would people buy season tickets for the artist's performance?
(a) The last month of the fast.
(b) The first days of the fast.
(c) The last few days of the fast.
(d) The entire fast.
6. What does the artist drink every now and again?
7. The artist's inner what is always rankled?
8. Who could watch the hunger artist continuously, day and night?
(a) The cameras.
(b) The reporter.
(c) No one.
(d) The impresario.
9. According to the narrator, how did it used to pay very well to stage such performances?
(a) In the circus.
(b) In the town square.
(c) Under one's own management.
(d) In the theater.
10. What does the hunger artist alone know?
(a) How easy it is to fast.
(b) How proud he's become.
(c) How lonely he is.
(d) How difficult it is to fast.
11. What would the hunger artist do to prove he wasn't eating?
12. What is the hunger artist's happiest moment with the overnight watchers?
(a) When they leave.
(b) When they applaud.
(c) When they are brought breakfast.
(d) When they offer him food.
13. Who pays for the breakfast brought to the watchers?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The artist.
(c) The musicians.
(d) The impresario.
14. Who lends the watchers the bright light to focus on the artist?
(a) The impresario.
(b) The musician.
(c) The kaiser.
(d) The artist.
15. What does the artist hold outside the bars from time to time?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) A stick.
(d) His legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the artist tell stories of with his watchers?
2. "There were people who argued that this breakfast was an unfair attempt" to do what?
3. Where does the hunger artist perform?
4. With what does the artist answer questions?
5. How long is the limit of the artist's fast set to be?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)