|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who could watch the hunger artist continuously, day and night?
(a) The impresario.
(b) No one.
(c) The cameras.
(d) The reporter.
2. When the watchers are invited to take on a night's vigil without a breakfast, what do they do?
(a) Make themselves scarce.
(b) Get angry.
(c) Insist on money.
(d) Lie about the artist.
3. Who appears, blissful at having been selected for the honor, to help the artist down?
(a) One mother.
(b) Two men.
(c) Three children.
(d) Two women.
4. How many doctors enter the cage to measure the results of the fast?
5. What does the hunger artist alone know?
(a) How easy it is to fast.
(b) How difficult it is to fast.
(c) How lonely he is.
(d) How proud he's become.
6. The permanent watchers are a formality to reassure whom?
(a) The masses.
(b) The impresario.
(c) The children.
(d) The artist.
7. What is the artist's cage bedecked with at the end of his fast?
8. In what tense is "A Hunger Artist" written?
(a) Future perfect.
9. With what does the artist answer questions?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A joyful reverence.
(c) A constrained smile.
(d) A great smile.
10. What is the artist's manager called?
(a) The heife.
(b) The impresario.
(c) The kaiser.
(d) The voltar.
11. According to the narrator, how did it used to pay very well to stage such performances?
(a) Under one's own management.
(b) In the theater.
(c) In the circus.
(d) In the town square.
12. For whom is the hunger artist often just a joke that happens to be in fashion?
(a) The priests.
(b) The elders.
(c) The women.
(d) The children.
13. Who lends the watchers the bright light to focus on the artist?
(a) The kaiser.
(b) The artist.
(c) The musician.
(d) The impresario.
14. What does the artist hold outside the bars from time to time?
(a) His legs.
(b) His arm.
(c) A stick.
(d) His head.
15. What does the artist stubbornly refuse to do at the last moment of his fast?
(c) Stand up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hunger artist's happiest moment with the overnight watchers?
2. What is the cushioning on the hunger artist's stage?
3. What sticks out prominently on the artist?
4. What is the only item of furniture in the cage?
5. What does the hunger artist always feel he is being cheated from doing?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)