|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who could watch the hunger artist continuously, day and night?
(a) No one.
(b) The impresario.
(c) The reporter.
(d) The cameras.
2. How many doctors enter the cage to measure the results of the fast?
3. For whom is seeing the hunger artist a special treat?
(d) The elderly.
4. What is the only item of furniture in the cage?
(a) A chair.
(b) A bed.
(c) A desk.
(d) A clock.
5. What is the artist's cage bedecked with at the end of his fast?
6. Who is bound to be the sole, completely satisfied spectator of the artist's fast?
(a) The artist.
(b) The impresario.
(c) The musician.
(d) The child.
7. According to the narrator, how did it used to pay very well to stage such performances?
(a) In the theater.
(b) In the town square.
(c) In the circus.
(d) Under one's own management.
8. How many of the permanent watchers are there at a given time?
9. What does the artist hold outside the bars from time to time?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) A stick.
(d) His legs.
10. What does the artist tell stories of with his watchers?
(a) His nomadic life.
(b) His craft.
(c) His hunger.
(d) His joy.
11. What is the point of view of "A Hunger Artist"?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
12. What is the cushioning on the hunger artist's stage?
13. What does the hunger artist always feel he is being cheated from doing?
(a) Beating his rival's record.
(c) Becoming a martyr.
(d) Beating his own record.
14. How does the artist feel about the bright light used by some watchers?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) It makes him defenseless.
(c) It doesn't trouble him.
(d) It makes him miserable.
15. How has the artist never yet left his cage at the end of a fast?
(c) On his feet.
(d) Of his free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the results of the fast announced?
2. The interest of the public is stimulated by a steadily increasing pressure of what?
3. What is the artist's manager called?
4. With what does the artist answer questions?
5. Who pays for the breakfast brought to the watchers?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)