|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who are not content with the dim night lighting of the hall focused the artist in the full glare of what?
(a) A candle.
(b) A bright spotlight.
(c) A neon bulb.
(d) An electric pocket torch.
2. Where, in regard to the ring, is the artist stationed?
(a) Front and center.
(d) In the middle.
3. "People grew ______ with the strange idea that they could be expected, in times like these, to take an interest in the hunger artist."
4. What is one reason the hunger artist cannot adopt another profession?
(a) He is too poor.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He is unskilled.
(d) He can't read.
5. With what does the artist answer questions?
(a) A constrained smile.
(b) A joyful reverence.
(c) A laugh.
(d) A great smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hunger artist stationed next to at the circus?
2. When does the lack of interest of the public seem to take hold?
3. What are the artist's last words?
4. The hunger artist is never what?
5. The animal in the cage at the end of the story is "furnished to the bursting point with" what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)