|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the lack of interest of the public seem to take hold?
(a) As the radio is introduced.
(b) As the tightrope walkers enter.
(c) Gradually over years.
(d) Almost overnight.
2. What does the artist do when someone would suggest his melancholy is probably caused by his fasting?
(a) Laugh at them.
(b) Weep endlessly.
(c) Call to the heavens.
(d) Break into an outburst of fury.
3. What grows dirty and illegible at the circus cage?
(a) The fine placards.
(b) The Impresario.
(c) The animal handlers.
(d) The artist.
4. What type of band plays the last day of the fast?
(a) A local orchestra.
(b) A string quartet.
(c) A military band.
(d) A gypsy band.
5. From what day of the fast are the photographs taken?
(a) The seventh.
(b) The first.
(c) The fifteenth.
(d) The fortieth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food is brought to the creature in the cage who replaces the artist?
2. Who can hardly understand the artist's temperament, according to the impresario?
3. With the people's expectation of the artist, the verdict goes in what way for the artist?
4. How does the artist feel about the roaring at feeding times?
5. What literary device is used in this sentence: "He was at once deafened by the storm of shouting."
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)