|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The onlookers at the beast's cage at the end of the story brace themselves and what?
(a) Do not cry anymore.
(b) Do not ever want to move away.
2. Time and time again in good faith the artist stands by the bars doing what?
(a) Feeling in agony.
(b) Screaming madly.
(c) Crying like a child.
(d) Listening to the impresario.
3. What does the artist not dare to do with the circus management?
(a) Ask for more money.
(b) Lodge a complaint.
(c) Ask them for his freedom.
(d) Tell them he'd quit.
4. What cannot hold out against the fact that the crowds are on their way only to the menagerie?
(a) Desperate facade.
(b) Innate unknowing.
(c) Obstinate self-deception.
(d) Manic necessity.
5. The permanent watchers are a formality to reassure whom?
(a) The children.
(b) The impresario.
(c) The masses.
(d) The artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a passing father occasionally stop and point out to his children?
2. The artist fears where they might seclude him if he calls attention to what?
3. What reminds one man of the hunger artist when he doesn't see the artist in the cage?
4. Who can hardly understand the artist's temperament, according to the impresario?
5. What is put into the cage the artist had lived in?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)