|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can hardly understand the artist's temperament, according to the impresario?
(c) The impresario.
(d) Well-fed people.
2. What does the artist, who has longed for these audience viewings at the circus, come to do?
(a) Ask for money.
(b) Ask to be freed.
(c) Want them more and more.
(d) Shrink from them.
3. Where are the passersby going when passing the artist's cage at the circus?
(a) The panther cage.
(b) The circus tent.
(c) The main ring.
(d) The menagerie.
4. Where does the impresario hurry the artist to discover where interest might lay?
(a) To Africa.
(b) To America.
(c) To Asia.
(d) All over Europe.
5. According to the narrator, it is not only the artist that is taken on but what as well?
(a) His famous name.
(b) His strength.
(c) His martyrdom.
(d) His impresario.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the notice board become to the staff after a few weeks?
2. How does the creature who replaces the artist feel about its freedom?
3. What does the artist tell stories of with his watchers?
4. The onlookers at the beast's cage at the end of the story brace themselves and what?
5. How does the artist feel about the roaring at feeding times?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)