|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The pampered hunger artist suddenly found himself deserted one day by the _____________."
(c) Amusement seekers.
2. According to the narrator, it is not only the artist that is taken on but what as well?
(a) His impresario.
(b) His strength.
(c) His martyrdom.
(d) His famous name.
3. Why is the limit set on the artist's fasts?
(a) The artist refuses to keep going.
(b) The artist would collapse.
(c) The audience loses interest after that time.
(d) The artist would die.
4. What streams from the beast in the cage's throat at the end of the story?
(c) Joy of life.
5. By how many has the hunger artist been applauded in his time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the permanent watchers are there at a given time?
2. With what does the artist answer questions?
3. Who supposedly orders the toast?
4. What does the occasional passerby come to make merry of?
5. Of those who pass his cage daily at the circus, how many might take an interest in the artist?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)