|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cushioning on the hunger artist's stage?
2. What, in his zeal, does the hunger artist conveniently forget in talking to the circus professionals?
(a) The manager.
(b) The money issue.
(c) The change in public opinion.
(d) The need for a stage.
3. Why do many people regretfully have to keep away from his exhibitions?
(a) They want his fasts to last longer.
(b) The sight of him is too much.
(c) They are worried for his health.
(d) They can't afford it.
4. What does the impresario claim to praise of the artist to the public?
(a) His ignorance.
(b) His godliness.
(c) His dedication.
(d) His ambition.
5. Why is the artist's troubled spirit all the more troubled?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) No one takes his trouble seriously.
(c) For constant hunger.
(d) His utter loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the hordes came pouring out to see the _____, they can hardly avoid passing the artist's cage.
2. What genre of literature is "A Hunger Artist" considered to be?
3. People might have stayed longer at the artist's cage at the circus but for what?
4. The artist is, in fact, the only _______ to the menagerie?
5. What are the first words of dialogue the artist speaks in the short story?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)