|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the artist feel about the bright light used by some watchers?
(a) It makes him miserable.
(b) It makes him defenseless.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) It doesn't trouble him.
2. "There were people who argued that this breakfast was an unfair attempt" to do what?
(a) Prove his humility.
(b) Poison the watchers.
(c) Humiliate the watchers.
(d) Bribe the watchers.
3. What does the hunger artist wear?
(a) A turtleneck.
(b) A loin cloth.
(c) Black tights.
(d) A cloth rag.
4. According to the narrator, it is not only the artist that is taken on but what as well?
(a) His strength.
(b) His martyrdom.
(c) His impresario.
(d) His famous name.
5. What type of band plays the last day of the fast?
(a) A gypsy band.
(b) A local orchestra.
(c) A military band.
(d) A string quartet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the lack of interest of the public seem to take hold?
2. Of the two factions who fight around the artist's cage, which does he grow to dislike more?
3. What always unnerves the artist and proves too much for him?
4. In what tense is "A Hunger Artist" written?
5. What is the cushioning on the hunger artist's stage?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)