|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hunger artist wear?
(a) A cloth rag.
(b) A loin cloth.
(c) A turtleneck.
(d) Black tights.
2. How is the artist's performance affected by his advancing age?
(a) It is more difficult.
(b) It is more desperate.
(c) It is not impaired.
(d) It is easier.
3. How many doctors enter the cage to measure the results of the fast?
4. When the hordes came pouring out to see the _____, they can hardly avoid passing the artist's cage.
5. What literary device is used in this sentence: "He was at once deafened by the storm of shouting."
Short Answer Questions
1. When the weight of the protagonist lands on one of the ladies, she finds "this post of honor was not at all _______."
2. What does the impresario secretly do to the hunger artist as he lifts him?
3. Who is bound to be the sole, completely satisfied spectator of the artist's fast?
4. Who are the permanent watchers, usually?
5. Those who are not content with the dim night lighting of the hall focused the artist in the full glare of what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)