|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the artist's troubled spirit all the more troubled?
(a) His utter loneliness.
(b) No one takes his trouble seriously.
(c) His lack of money.
(d) For constant hunger.
2. To whom does the hunger artist hire himself out?
(a) A museum.
(b) A large circus.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) A local fair.
3. What would the lax watchers do in a huddled corner?
(a) Play dice.
(b) Play cards.
4. What lights the stage of the artist at night?
(b) A spotlight.
(d) Torch flares.
5. How long is the limit of the artist's fast set to be?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Forty days.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everywhere, "as if by secret agreement, a positive ______ from professional fasting was in evidence."
2. What do the audiences do once the artist collapses into the straw with a groan?
3. Who could watch the hunger artist continuously, day and night?
4. What is a necessary accompaniment to the profession of fasting?
5. When the hordes came pouring out to see the _____, they can hardly avoid passing the artist's cage.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)