|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What always unnerves the artist and proves too much for him?
(a) The audience's whispering.
(b) The impresario's presence.
(c) The undying hunger.
(d) The impresario's perversion of the truth.
2. How is the artist's performance affected by his advancing age?
(a) It is easier.
(b) It is more difficult.
(c) It is not impaired.
(d) It is more desperate.
3. What does the artist stubbornly refuse to do at the last moment of his fast?
(b) Stand up.
4. Who takes leave of the impresario?
(a) The midwife.
(b) The musician.
(c) The beggar.
(d) The hunger artist.
5. What does the impresario sell to the audience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a passing father occasionally stop and point out to his children?
2. Those who want to stare at the artist at the circus do so not out of interest, but out of what?
3. "A large _____ with its enormous traffic in replacing and recruiting men, animals and apparatus can always find use for people at any time."
4. Who supposedly orders the toast?
5. On fine days, where is the cage set?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)