|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in his zeal, does the hunger artist conveniently forget in talking to the circus professionals?
(a) The need for a stage.
(b) The manager.
(c) The money issue.
(d) The change in public opinion.
2. What does a passing father occasionally stop and point out to his children?
(a) What the phenomenon means.
(b) Who the poor man is.
(c) Why he is in a cage.
(d) What happens if they don't eat.
3. According to the narrator, it is not only the artist that is taken on but what as well?
(a) His impresario.
(b) His strength.
(c) His martyrdom.
(d) His famous name.
4. "A large _____ with its enormous traffic in replacing and recruiting men, animals and apparatus can always find use for people at any time."
(c) Vaudeville show.
5. "The pampered hunger artist suddenly found himself deserted one day by the _____________."
(d) Amusement seekers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the lax watchers do in a huddled corner?
2. Those who are not content with the dim night lighting of the hall focused the artist in the full glare of what?
3. How long is the limit of the artist's fast set to be?
4. How does the impresario punish the artist's rages?
5. Under what circumstances does the circus make use of the hunger artist?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)