|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the artist's performance affected by his advancing age?
(a) It is not impaired.
(b) It is easier.
(c) It is more desperate.
(d) It is more difficult.
2. "At first he could hardly wait for the _____; it was exhilarating to watch the crowds come streaming his way."
(c) Rush hour.
3. The passing father might tell his children of "earlier years when he had watched similar but ___________ performances."
(a) More barbaric.
(b) More excruciating.
(d) Much more thrilling.
4. What does the artist hold outside the bars from time to time?
(a) A stick.
(b) His arm.
(c) His head.
(d) His legs.
5. When the hordes came pouring out to see the _____, they can hardly avoid passing the artist's cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A large _____ with its enormous traffic in replacing and recruiting men, animals and apparatus can always find use for people at any time."
2. On fine days, where is the cage set?
3. What does the hunger artist wear?
4. What sight of the crowds remain the best to the artist at the circus?
5. How does the impresario punish the artist's rages?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)