|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would people buy season tickets for the artist's performance?
(a) The last few days of the fast.
(b) The first days of the fast.
(c) The last month of the fast.
(d) The entire fast.
2. What does the artist do when the photographs are produced?
(a) Sink into the straw.
(b) Weep loudly.
(c) Shake the bars.
(d) Accuse the impresario of lying.
3. What is the only item of furniture in the cage?
(a) A bed.
(b) A clock.
(c) A chair.
(d) A desk.
4. "At first he could hardly wait for the _____; it was exhilarating to watch the crowds come streaming his way."
(a) Rush hour.
5. When does the lack of interest of the public seem to take hold?
(a) Almost overnight.
(b) As the radio is introduced.
(c) As the tightrope walkers enter.
(d) Gradually over years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the artist's troubled spirit all the more troubled?
2. What lights the stage of the artist at night?
3. How long does the artist carry on in this way, with small intervals of recuperation?
4. What does the hunger artist always feel he is being cheated from doing?
5. How many of the permanent watchers are there at a given time?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)