|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hunger artist make no secret of, yet others don't believe him?
(a) That fasting is easy.
(b) That he is starving.
(c) That he isn't hungry.
(d) That fasting is difficult.
2. What is the hunger artist stationed next to at the circus?
(a) The animal cages.
(b) The freak show.
(c) The tightropes.
(d) The trampoline.
3. Everywhere, "as if by secret agreement, a positive ______ from professional fasting was in evidence."
4. What sight of the crowds remain the best to the artist at the circus?
(a) The sight of them peering close.
(b) The first sight in the distance.
(c) The sight of their tears.
(d) The sight as they left.
5. What do the audiences do once the artist collapses into the straw with a groan?
(b) Run away.
(c) Press close to gaze at him.
(d) Weep loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the impresario sell to the audience?
2. What is the hunger artist's happiest moment with the overnight watchers?
3. According to the narrator, it is not only the artist that is taken on but what as well?
4. Who appears, blissful at having been selected for the honor, to help the artist down?
5. What is a necessary accompaniment to the profession of fasting?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)