|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the results of the fast announced?
(a) By microphone.
(b) By radio.
(c) By television.
(d) By megaphone.
2. How has the artist never yet left his cage at the end of a fast?
(b) Of his free will.
(d) On his feet.
3. What does the hunger artist make no secret of, yet others don't believe him?
(a) That fasting is difficult.
(b) That fasting is easy.
(c) That he is starving.
(d) That he isn't hungry.
4. What is the artist's manager called?
(a) The impresario.
(b) The kaiser.
(c) The heife.
(d) The voltar.
5. Why is the limit set on the artist's fasts?
(a) The artist would die.
(b) The audience loses interest after that time.
(c) The artist refuses to keep going.
(d) The artist would collapse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hunger artist's happiest moment with the overnight watchers?
2. Who pays for the breakfast brought to the watchers?
3. How many of the permanent watchers are there at a given time?
4. What is the only item of furniture in the cage?
5. When the watchers are invited to take on a night's vigil without a breakfast, what do they do?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)