|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The artist's inner what is always rankled?
2. According to the narrator, how did it used to pay very well to stage such performances?
(a) In the theater.
(b) In the town square.
(c) In the circus.
(d) Under one's own management.
3. The permanent watchers are a formality to reassure whom?
(a) The masses.
(b) The artist.
(c) The children.
(d) The impresario.
4. How does the artist feel about the bright light used by some watchers?
(a) It doesn't trouble him.
(b) It makes him angry.
(c) It makes him miserable.
(d) It makes him defenseless.
5. What would the lax watchers do in a huddled corner?
(a) Play dice.
(d) Play cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the hunger artist do to prove he wasn't eating?
2. What does the hunger artist make no secret of, yet others don't believe him?
3. What does the hunger artist alone know?
4. In what tense is "A Hunger Artist" written?
5. How are the results of the fast announced?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)